Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 185096 times)

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 3 - Balance is maintained?
« Reply #750 on: June 29, 2014, 06:01:17 pm »

TWS: Why are you voting IG? What's your read on Toonyman?
Read the part where I vote him. Toonyman's probably town because he's confirmed to have raised you.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 29, 2014, 06:16:06 pm »

Toony
Flabort - Most most likely town, it helps that NQT wants them dead. A Town Sage.
Either this is wilful spreading of bullshit, you can't comprehend that people's reads change, or you haven't actually been reading the thread:
flabort - Flabort is vouched for by Imperial, who I provisionally believe at this time and has investigative info, so would be a poor lynch candidate. His detailed night investigation results suggest he hasn't had his role converted to vampire slave.
So are you a liar, an idiot, or are you just lazy?

Toaster - I'm gonna be honest here, Toaster must either be a form of Mystic or he's converted. I think it's more likely he's a mystic, he inspected me Night 1, and got a town result. A Town Mystic? Otherwise he's scum scum scum-on-a-stick which gives me bad Supernatural 6 flashbacks.
Where are you pulling this from?

With Jack's death being possibly explained by IG's death magic that makes another night without a scum team kill. It's possible that we've been lucky so far (Jack blocks the N1 kill, both IG and scum kill Jack N2), but that doesn't seem as likely, but still possible.
If you think a cult is more possible then why are you trying to lynch and obvious 3rd party? Do you really think IG is conceivably a cult leader?

TheWetSheep, Jim, Persus13, Hapah, Toaster, IG was a liar, but was he a cult leader? Do you really think lynching the most likely 3rd party is the best strategy? Scum win when town waste their lynches on suboptimal picks. Look at the last Supernatural game. Town lynched the same town player two nights in row. A cult is most likely and we need to lynch the cult leader ASAP.

Also, lurker tracker says IG has the most posts, which scum almost never have. In all the games played on this forum last year, only one scum player had the highest post count in the game. Also, he's voted for the most people, and been voted by the most people: both non-scum indicators. You've seriously got to offer better justification for his lynch when there's a potential cult in our midst.

Look I know this makes me look suspicious, defending a confirmed liar who's shady as all hell. But I think it's worth putting my neck on the line to avoid a poor lynch choice.

Sheep

Read the part where I vote him. Toonyman's probably town because he's confirmed to have raised you.
You do realise there are scum priests that raise people with a 50/50 chance of them turning them to their side.

I'm literally just working on my case, coming in within an hour or so.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 29, 2014, 06:34:41 pm »

Also, MOWE, you never explained:

1. Was hemomancy bullshit?
2. Do you have a second power?

Your head is on the block, it behooves you to be as forthcoming as possible.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 29, 2014, 06:46:38 pm »

Persus, need I remind you of this?
Lynching a possible third party is not the best idea at the moment.

This. Anyone have any ideas? I'm starting to wonder if we're dealing with a Necromancer scum team or something. There have been third party versions of scumteams in the past (Lone Vampire) so it could be possible. Things are definitely confusing and Jim's idea of lynching IG for answers might be a good idea at this point.
Meph has confirmed that there is definitely a scum team. Do you really think IG is receiving advice from any scum mates right now?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 29, 2014, 06:49:23 pm »

Sheep
The thing is, we have very little information about the nature of scum so far. If we do another mislynch, we learn nothing again, and are in the dark tomorrow. If we lynch IG we are guaranteed to learn something at least. I'd say it's for the best.
No, we already know IG is not town and we can have good reason to think he's 3rd party rather than scum. We get no closer to learning the scum team if we waste lynches on third parties. Just look at Jiokuy!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 29, 2014, 07:04:52 pm »

Why I will likely stick withMOWE.

I think MOWE is lying. Why? This:
So what was he talking about with him hearing Jack A T asploding?

And why was he fakeclaiming in the first place?

I mean, thanks for replacing in, but I think lynching you is still a good idea.

While in my house thinking about how it would feel to have my exile revoked, I did hear Jack asplode. That much was true.

I can't remember Meph sending out a night flavor PM to a player who didn't use an action that night in a Supernatural before (if you find something that contradicts this, let me know), however this is precisely what MOWE is claiming. The last time I remember someone claiming they didn't take an action, it was Tiruin, when she fake claimed Illusionist in Supernatural 6 (and was actually a Charismatic Cultist).

N1 - ...Flavor-flavor. I did in a flavor action. I read a nice book on light and sound. Then slept.

MOWE must be lying.

TheWetSheep, Jim, Persus13, Hapah, Toaster, IG was a liar, but was he a cult leader? Do you really think lynching the most likely 3rd party is the best strategy? Scum win when town waste their lynches on suboptimal picks. Look at the last Supernatural game. Town lynched the same town player two nights in row. A cult is most likely and we need to lynch the cult leader ASAP.
We did?
Supernatural 6 Lynches:
D1- Town Nerjin lynch
D2- Scum Caz lynch
D3- Scum Max lynch
D4- Town NQT lynch

Also, why are you so certain of a cult? We have an unexplained death with unique flavor, a necromancer, a dead SK, and whatever IG/MOWE is. If we have a form of cult, do you think they would start very big? What is your alternative proposal? There are tons of questions that are unanswerable at the moment, and by restricting ourselves to looking for cult leader tells could give us all tunnel vision and lose us the game. We ignored the questions raised at the end of Supernatural 6 and it lost us the game. I don't want that to happen again.

Persus, need I remind you of this?
Lynching a possible third party is not the best idea at the moment.

This. Anyone have any ideas? I'm starting to wonder if we're dealing with a Necromancer scum team or something. There have been third party versions of scumteams in the past (Lone Vampire) so it could be possible. Things are definitely confusing and Jim's idea of lynching IG for answers might be a good idea at this point.
Meph has confirmed that there is definitely a scum team. Do you really think IG is receiving advice from any scum mates right now?
Meph said there's a scum team. He didn't say how big it was. And there's also Ottofar lurking around.

Persus: Why are you voting IG? What's your read on TWS?
TheWetsheep looks like a player who is trying to be helpful but is having a hard time getting content out. At the moment I have a neutral read on him, but I didn't like how Toaster and Jim were subtly undermining him, then suddenly he became their top scumpick, so that makes me see him with a slight lean towards town.

Hapah: Thoughts on MOWE? How about NQT?

I'm willing to believe MOWE for now. But one more suspicious act from MyOwnWorstGuardsman (I will use the accronym MOWG for the remainder of the game), and I will return my vote to MOWG in an instant. Thank you for answering those questions.

Unvote.
So, if you aren't going to vote IG/MOWE, what's your alternative to that, aka who do you want lynched today, aka who is your current vote. You have a vote for a reason, use it, don't just let it sit unused. Voting is our greatest weapon.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 29, 2014, 07:22:00 pm »

Toony
Flabort - Most most likely town, it helps that NQT wants them dead. A Town Sage.
Either this is wilful spreading of bullshit, you can't comprehend that people's reads change, or you haven't actually been reading the thread:
flabort - Flabort is vouched for by Imperial, who I provisionally believe at this time and has investigative info, so would be a poor lynch candidate. His detailed night investigation results suggest he hasn't had his role converted to vampire slave.
u mad

Toaster - I'm gonna be honest here, Toaster must either be a form of Mystic or he's converted. I think it's more likely he's a mystic, he inspected me Night 1, and got a town result. A Town Mystic? Otherwise he's scum scum scum-on-a-stick which gives me bad Supernatural 6 flashbacks.
Where are you pulling this from?
It's a major hunch I have. Toaster backed off me completely when Day 2 started and I didn't really change what I was doing.

With Jack's death being possibly explained by IG's death magic that makes another night without a scum team kill. It's possible that we've been lucky so far (Jack blocks the N1 kill, both IG and scum kill Jack N2), but that doesn't seem as likely, but still possible.
If you think a cult is more possible then why are you trying to lynch and obvious 3rd party? Do you really think IG is conceivably a cult leader?
Is he an obvious third-party or a possible third-party? I don't think ignoring him is a good idea anymore.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 29, 2014, 07:28:29 pm »

Hapah is my top pick for today. His slot has only pressed two cases in the whole game: Tiruin voted Toaster for suggesting 3rd parties side with scum and then votes IG for fakeclaiming priest, and Hapah's been lazily voting IG ever since, D2 and D3. Focusing on 3rd parties is a super scum tell. Having bugger all in the way of cases is a super scum tell. Having cases that make no sense (i.e. Tiruin's) also doesn't help. He's the person we should be lynching.

Ottofar, seriously, I get that you're busy but are you really going to trust everyone else to vote on your behalf?

Persus
I can't remember Meph sending out a night flavor PM to a player who didn't use an action that night in a Supernatural before (if you find something that contradicts this, let me know), however this is precisely what MOWE is claiming. The last time I remember someone claiming they didn't take an action, it was Tiruin, when she fake claimed Illusionist in Supernatural 6 (and was actually a Charismatic Cultist).
Yeah, that's a fair point.

MOWE, what night action did you perform last night?

We did?
Supernatural 6 Lynches:
D1- Town Nerjin lynch
D2- Scum Caz lynch
D3- Scum Max lynch
D4- Town NQT lynch
I'd misremembered: Nerjin was offed by the monster hunter, who was a member of the cult by that point, so that doesn't count as a town kill, so feel free to ignore that point. I definitely should double-check before making off the cuff claims just from memory! Toaster merely claimed to have made a town kill at the time.

Also, why are you so certain of a cult? We have an unexplained death with unique flavor, a necromancer, a dead SK, and whatever IG/MOWE is. If we have a form of cult, do you think they would start very big? What is your alternative proposal? There are tons of questions that are unanswerable at the moment, and by restricting ourselves to looking for cult leader tells could give us all tunnel vision and lose us the game. We ignored the questions raised at the end of Supernatural 6 and it lost us the game. I don't want that to happen again.
I'd expect a two-person cult team. I'm not saying there definitely is a scum team, but up until we get a scum team member to flip we just don't know and the risk is too great to waste on side shows. I'd be the first person to lead a lynch on MOWE if I thought she was the most dangerous person in the game right now.

Meph said there's a scum team. He didn't say how big it was. And there's also Ottofar lurking around.
Yeah, if we had three kills a day I'd say get Ottofar and IG as well, but they're not the best candidates for scumdom right now: that's Hapah.

Toony
u mad
No, I'm always cool, I just think you're dissembling.

It's a major hunch I have. Toaster backed off me completely when Day 2 started and I didn't really change what I was doing.
OK.

Is he an obvious third-party or a possible third-party? I don't think ignoring him is a good idea anymore.
All indicators point to the slot being 3rd party. Are you really so happy to give the scum another night of conversions just so you can off one confirmed-shady likely non-cultist?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 29, 2014, 07:57:58 pm »

We'll be two deadly third-parties down at worst, and plus I revived a townie back.

If Meph gave the scum a one-shot conversion like last time then I'd be mad, but we should still be able to win with our track record so far. We can just lynch Toaster since he's the converted.

If Meph gave scum a typical conversion ability then, no that's terrible. Only a scum team that does not have this ability would try to scare the town with it. Especially if IG/MOWE also flip third-party. That seems wrong since conversions on third-parties fail right? What's the point in that.

You know who else isn't convinced a cult exist? A confirmed townie. Until I see evidence...no I don't think they exist.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 29, 2014, 08:00:01 pm »

That isn't to say ZU is confirmed now, but I'm fairly confident he's still town.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 29, 2014, 08:30:57 pm »

Toony
We'll be two deadly third-parties down at worst, and plus I revived a townie back.

If Meph gave the scum a one-shot conversion like last time then I'd be mad, but we should still be able to win with our track record so far. We can just lynch Toaster since he's the converted.
None of this fills me with confidence, as you're a good candidate for being a scum priest in my eyes. Our track record? Killing someone who could narrow down our targets and maybe hit scum, and killing and uncertainly bringing back a town player? Or were you talking about the death of the doctor? This game has been going terribly for town, we know next to nothing useful and you're leading a wagon on someone who is highly unlikely to be the person we really want to kill.

If Meph gave scum a typical conversion ability then, no that's terrible. Only a scum team that does not have this ability would try to scare the town with it. Especially if IG/MOWE also flip third-party. That seems wrong since conversions on third-parties fail right? What's the point in that.
What are you even babbling about? Please make this argument clearer.

You know who else isn't convinced a cult exist? A confirmed townie. Until I see evidence...no I don't think they exist.
Just because ZU was town yesterday doesn't mean he had all the answers. He was just a sexton, he didn't have any special powers of reckoning.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 29, 2014, 10:12:02 pm »

MOWE, what night action did you perform last night?
Actually I did. I killed someone. Maybe... I don't know.

Also, MOWE, you never explained:

1. Was hemomancy bullshit?
2. Do you have a second power?

Your head is on the block, it behooves you to be as forthcoming as possible.
1. Hemomancy was bullshit. I am, however, a -mancer of some sort.  :o
2. I do not.

Yes, my head is on the block and I think I'll lighten the mood just a smidgeon before the axe comes down.  :D

I am a necromancer. Not to be confused with neck romancers, which would be vampires. And they suck. I have a lovely zombie that is my faithful companion. Last night, I targeted Jack. Am I the reason he maybe asploded? I don't know. I was told specifically I didn't know the result of what my zombie did. Apparently, he's not much of talker...

Before anyone asks, everything IG ever said was complete bullshit.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 29, 2014, 10:23:41 pm »

Necromancers can be converted. By Vampire Lords anyway. (See Supernatural 3)

You have to be lynched.

Why are you claiming? You're not playing to your win condition by doing that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 29, 2014, 11:19:14 pm »

Necromancers can be converted. By Vampire Lords anyway. (See Supernatural 3)

You have to be lynched.

Why are you claiming? You're not playing to your win condition by doing that.

*face palms*
It was a joke... I like dumb jokes and that happens to be one of my favorites since I'm a huge fan of vampires.

No, I'm not helping myself win, but with everyone absolutely positive I'm lying about being innocent, I claimed and made it a joke. Going out with a laugh you could say. I haven't been converted by a vampire lord. I said I was trying to lighten the mood. Apparently I have done the opposite.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 30, 2014, 01:23:18 am »

I have no idea why you thought claiming that would ever have been taken as a joke.

TWS I did and your reason sucks and is really lazy. Who are the scummiest people in this game and why? NQT already said this but just because he raised me doesn't mean he's town.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 80