Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 187525 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 4 - 1 Replacement Needed
« Reply #900 on: July 09, 2014, 02:07:08 pm »

Oops, double post :S
Meph: can you remove the duplicate, please?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 09, 2014, 02:09:23 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Persus13: Hapah, zombie urist
Hapah: 4maskwolf, flabort, notquitethere, Flandre, Toaster, ToonyMan

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Thursday

@Flandre: Sure.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 09, 2014, 05:29:04 pm »

Still have a nagging feeling it could be 4mask NQT and someone else. Will be sad if this is actually true.
On Night 1, I saw 4nightwolf's night action. He was in an alcove with incensed braziers, requesting from the gods a feeling at Toaster's alignment, which turned out benign. His claim was truthful and I confirm that he is town.
This doesn't confirm he's town.
ZU: I've spent the last half hour or so contemplating your thoughts above, and I'd like to ask -- are scum seers even a thing? Would a seer ability that returns vague inspect results like 'benign' ever be useful to a scumteam already aware of who they are?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 09, 2014, 05:57:19 pm »

Big post coming soon-- quickly, yes scum seer is possible and useful for scum in a game with two other killers.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 4 - BBQ!
« Reply #904 on: July 09, 2014, 07:56:44 pm »

PFP

Toaster, Toony, flabort, NQT: No other questions? You good with a me-lynch?
Hmmm, yes.

I don't doubt 4maskwolf enough. And now Flandre is backing them. That means that 4mask and Flandre would have to both be in cahoots.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 09, 2014, 08:12:40 pm »

Hi Flandre! :D

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 09, 2014, 08:14:57 pm »

Hapah:
I'm think there have been vanilla town in previous games? Definitely in paranormals
Yeah there have been. I chose my words carefully.

Why do you need to choose your words carefully if you're town?  Your actions should demonstrate your alignment.

Yes, I'm still okay with your lynch.  Persus seems to have nailed NQT's role type, so he's believable.  Flandre got cross-confirmed by 4mask, though they could be in league; possible, but a stretch.  Flandre also was dreaming... hmm.

Meph:  Can a Dreamwalker carry out a scum team kill and still get a result?

NQT:
There are nine of us, right? No kill n1, so one-shot convert (ala S6) is possible, right? That means the scum team could be as many as four people big by now, assuming they could have started off with 3 to begin with. Sound reasonable? As such, if we mislynch tonight and scum kill another townie, we'll be at 3 town to 4 scum and it'll be game over. So please explain to me your doubts that it could be MYLO.

I think Meph learned from Super6 that in a 11 (which is close enough to 12 to keep this true) a 3 man team with a one shot convert is too powerful, regardless of role converted.  Two with a one-shot or three with no convert are both plausible.

Flandre:  For your N1 results, did 4mask seem pleased with the results?  Did it read like a townie relieved to find a friend, or like scum annoyed to find out something he already knew?

ZU: I've spent the last half hour or so contemplating your thoughts above, and I'd like to ask -- are scum seers even a thing? Would a seer ability that returns vague inspect results like 'benign' ever be useful to a scumteam already aware of who they are?

There have been scum fortune tellers before.  Granted, that's a lot more useful to scum than a seer is, but I believe any "town" role is fair game to scum that have human roles (which is all the ones we've seen before).  Paranormal runs the same way (and specifies such) so I don't see a real difference here.

Zombie U:
Also also I'm guessing that the twist this game is that the dark magus can't be traced to the kill since he uses magic. I will not be surprised if he's immune to redirects, watches, and tracks.

Problem is, that's the Necromancer's trick.  I doubt that Meph got lazy and reused the same theme.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 09, 2014, 08:36:25 pm »

Zombie U:
Also also I'm guessing that the twist this game is that the dark magus can't be traced to the kill since he uses magic. I will not be surprised if he's immune to redirects, watches, and tracks.
Problem is, that's the Necromancer's trick.  I doubt that Meph got lazy and reused the same theme.
Yeah I agree now that Flandre saw someone visit Jim before he got burnt. But there must be some new twist this time...
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 09, 2014, 09:51:18 pm »

Current reads:
-snip-
Hapah: Acting scummy, still has pushed only one case, and hasn't really attacked me despite his vote.
Yeah, I've kinda given up.

On Night 1, I saw 4nightwolf's night action. He was in an alcove with incensed braziers, requesting from the gods a feeling at Toaster's alignment, which turned out benign. His claim was truthful and I confirm that he is town.
This doesn't confirm he's town.
Based on what I understand, 4maskwolf's truthful claim in favour of the town gives credence to him and his inspect results. Maybe it isn't 100%, you're right. But I see no reason why he'd list out three benign inspects (one proven to be truthful) with an intent to mislead, as scum.
Because one of them might not be benign.

Anyway...under the assumption that we believe 4maskwolf, and there has been no conversions or anything since the inspects, that leaves four confirmed townies:

-4maskwolf (town)
-Toaster (benign)
-Toonyman (benign)
-NQT (benign)

Given Toonyman's benign inspect and possession of a healing role, I'm inclined to believe that ZU's revival had no strings attached either, so she is also town.
Mostly correct; but inspects fire before conversions. If you think there was a conversion N1, Toaster cannot be confirmed (though he can't be the leader or a team by himself, so best to follow up on other leads first)

Unless I'm mistaken with the above, this leaves us with three possible targets for the Head Bad Guy™:

-Persus
-flabort
-Hapah
Plus yourself, yes.

Hapah would be the only one out of the three without an invested role-claim. I'm inclined to believe that process of elimination and inspection should work in exposing which one of us is the Big Bad, just as 4maskwolf suggests. Should we get robbed of our investigative roles (such as in a NK), I am perfectly okay with dying if it ever comes to that.
Trust me, I'd absolutely love to claim something else. Like I said, when it's a short list like this and I've got no alibi, it's a very predictable outcome.

Hapah:
I'm think there have been vanilla town in previous games? Definitely in paranormals
Yeah there have been. I chose my words carefully.
Why do you need to choose your words carefully if you're town?  Your actions should demonstrate your alignment.
Context, Toaster.

Yes, I'm still okay with your lynch.  Persus seems to have nailed NQT's role type, so he's believable.  Flandre got cross-confirmed by 4mask, though they could be in league; possible, but a stretch.  Flandre also was dreaming... hmm.
They have confirmed each other's roles, not alignments. There's a difference.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 09, 2014, 10:14:08 pm »

Meph:  Can a Dreamwalker carry out a scum team kill and still get a result?

No.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 09, 2014, 10:28:44 pm »

I don't doubt 4maskwolf enough. And now Flandre is backing them. That means that 4mask and Flandre would have to both be in cahoots.
No, that's not the case, though there's no saying how thrilled I was to have concrete knowledge over a player's claimed ability, a result, and a means to prove it with a bit of flavour.

Flandre:  For your N1 results, did 4mask seem pleased with the results?  Did it read like a townie relieved to find a friend, or like scum annoyed to find out something he already knew?
During his inspect, he was very indifferent in the way he took it. After pulling out of the incense induced stupor, he simply 'pondered the new information', and whole thing was fairly level-headed with no cold, scummy undertones.

Hapah: Whether or not anyone was converted since being declared benign doesn't apply to the cult-converter if there is one. Between the four of us (you, flabort, Persus and myself), using Wolf's lead, one of us would be it. Since I can account for myself, and flabort and Persus have claimed roles that could backfire if they've been falsified, that leaves you. You're on the noose, but that's not to say that you'll be hung immediately, or that you should give up. We have a whole day to talk it over, let's make the best of it.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 09, 2014, 10:34:19 pm »

Flandre must have read my action pm, because that is exactly what I did after every result: I went to ponder it. Was this the flavor of previous seers? If not, we have confirmed  another role.

As I've said previously: if you doubt me, lynch me. We have the time to spare, and my job in this game is done.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 09, 2014, 10:35:26 pm »

The dreamwalker literally gets a copy of the PM.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 09, 2014, 10:38:47 pm »

Current reads:
-snip-
Hapah: Acting scummy, still has pushed only one case, and hasn't really attacked me despite his vote.
Yeah, I've kinda given up.
The question is, given up because you're town, or scum? I do sympathize with your position if you're scum, since you got really unlucky, but that's not going to stop my vote!

The dreamwalker literally gets a copy of the PM.
Yep.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 2 Dawns peacefully
« Reply #914 on: July 10, 2014, 10:16:27 am »

I'm going back through previous days seeing if I can see any change in behaviour after player's supposed night results. I did note that Sheep, having supposedly got a benign inspect on Toaster on Day 1, fails to mention any candidates for towndom in his partial list of reads:
Hapah is focusing too much on IG, who is almost certainly not a converter. His case relies only on picking holes in his flavour. He's also keeping his head down, not attracting much suspicion.

Flabort isn't playing great, but getting better, and seems genuine, particularly in this post. Followed by this post, which seems pretty sincere too, I'm getting a good town feel from him.

NQT has raised some flags but his series of five posts before N1 looked like he was genuine looking to benefit town there.

Jim's kindof suspicious, see below.

ZU's denial of a cult is weird. His reasoning is because of "games on this subforum", which doesn't really make much sense. Apart from that, not getting a strong read on him.

ToonyMan is really uninvolved. He parked his vote on ZU late day 1 with minimal reasoning:
Zombie Urist for not engaging in the game and being unhelpful. Have anything to say? What are your thoughts on Jack AT and Toaster?
Early D2 he put it on ZU again with no more reasoning, and... hasn't really done anything since. No real pressure on ZU(a few softballs), or on anyone else. A lot of answering questions and asking things without applying pressure.
Ottofar also hasn't really done anything.

I'm just about to check how the Wolf-Sheep combo respond to Toaster and Toony on Day 3...
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 80