Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 187513 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 5 Dreams of Smoke and Fire
« Reply #975 on: July 16, 2014, 09:48:48 am »

Another possibility for a block occurred to me this morning.

ZU:  Are you a Lone Vampire?

Spoiler: Lone Vampire (click to show/hide)

NQT:  I said why I followed you:
I tracked NQT last night because he hadn't claimed yet.

The only claim on you at this point was Persus listing your roletype as Watcher, so you were hardly above suspicion.  Plus, why are you surprised I didn't follow a plan that I never agreed to and that was proposed six days before the lynch?

I think it's less "going along with the lynch choice" and more "why the hell hasn't Persus claimed yet?" which is an excellent question.  Meph, can you please prod Persus?

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 16, 2014, 10:02:10 am »

extend.

Pfp, I'll get to questions/accusations later, but Meph: would a conversion show up in your night pm?

Do you mean, if someone was converted would that be part of their night pm? Yes, of course. And, yes, a Dreamwalker would see the conversion if they got that person's PM for that night.

I will prod Persus.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 16, 2014, 10:04:22 am »

Toaster
ZU:  Are you a Lone Vampire?

Spoiler: Lone Vampire (click to show/hide)
Oooh, that's intriguing. This changes things.

But I did claim, in my last post. I gave info I'd only know if I were a warlock. I know you didn't say you'd follow that plan, so I don't hold you to much too account here.

What's you role flavour?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 16, 2014, 10:10:08 am »

Which brings us to the next question: Out of all of the options, why do you think scum would roleblock you?
For a couple of reasons, actually.  Not the least of which being that I am the only player with the power to clear/condemn players directly.  Other players could do so indirectly, but only through action claims.  My guess is that they killed Reverie to keep her from operating as a backup/confirming force for the town, because I have an actual action that can be roleblocked.  Also, even if they do have the power to disguise themselves, they can't know for certain who I would target, and as such it was more efficient just to block me.  It also makes me look suspicious, as no blocking roles have been claimed.

All

Wolf is confirmed as inconsistent:

Alright, I guess we have it all planned out.  Lynch Hapah today, I inspect Ottofar and Toaster tracks Persus.  If either of us dies and the other turns up a negative, we know who the converter is.

Everyone move your votes over to Hapah and then wait, I guess.

toaster: I tried to inspect Persus13 because I deemed him the shadiest of the people that I hadn't inspected.

The Hapah lynch was predicated on Wolf and Toaster enacting a plan that they never even pretended to enact.
Because when Reverie claimed, I believed the claim.  She knew my night action pm down to the flavor of it, so I decided to use my inspect on the person who I thought was most likely to be scum, Persus13.

Wolf also believes the only block in the entire game was used on him when there have been nights like N2 where everyone has claimed an action and no one claims to be blocked. Need I note that town is going along with the lynch choice of a liar? At what is most likely LYLO?!
You cannot say for certain that I was not roleblocked, and I take offense at being called a liar.  Also, again, if you believe that I am scum and it is LYLO, then IO has to have been lying as well, as Flabort specifically said that there was one dark magus (at least to begin with).  Thus, why aren't you driving a lynch on IO instead, which will also give you information on whether today was in fact LYLO whether he is scum or not.

Everyone looking back, Hapah's claimed flavor was quite compelling. I'd like everyone to say a bit about their character's background. Ask Meph for more details if you need to.

I was only just learning the skills of the warlock when these dark times came upon me, but I feel confident in using my powers to help. If you'd like more, I'll ask for more details.
I serve the High Temple of the town as a seer, granted power by the gods to see beyond the masks men wear.  Each night I may inspect another player to learn if they are Benign or Malevolent towards the town.

As for my night action pms, here's the gist of the flavor:
Spoiler: Night One (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Night Two (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Night Three (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Night Four (click to show/hide)
PPE: Toaster, the flavor I got last night is in line with a more magical roleblock as opposed to a vampiric roleblock.
PPE 2: Okay.  So I can't objectively be the convert either, then, since Reverie saw my night pm.
PPE 3: See above note to Toaster about the nature of my roleblock.  It is, however, still possible, just highly unlikely (in my opinion).

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 16, 2014, 10:21:10 am »

NQT:
But I did claim, in my last post. I gave info I'd only know if I were a warlock. I know you didn't say you'd follow that plan, so I don't hold you to much too account here.

You didn't claim warlock until today; you know, after the night?  Sure, you said you knew something, but you hadn't really claimed.

What's you role flavour?

Basic stuff, really.  It's unexpected that a lowlife like me is involved in an important event like this.  I figured I'd help, since evil and such (I just now note that dark magic is mentioned in my PM, here) is bad for the trade.  Plus it makes going out at night (as us thieves do) more dangerous.

I can request more information if you like.

4mask:
You cannot say for certain that I was not roleblocked, and I take offense at being called a liar.  Also, again, if you believe that I am scum and it is LYLO, then IO has to have been lying as well, as Flabort specifically said that there was one dark magus (at least to begin with).  Thus, why aren't you driving a lynch on IO instead, which will also give you information on whether today was in fact LYLO whether he is scum or not.

You... want to lynch someone to see if it's LYLO or not?

PPE: Toaster, the flavor I got last night is in line with a more magical roleblock as opposed to a vampiric roleblock.

I'm not asking you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 16, 2014, 10:29:23 am »

4mask:

You... want to lynch someone to see if it's LYLO or not?
No.  But here's the possible rationale behind lynching IO:
If IO is town, then there was only one scum to start with.  Lynching IO will tell us both that tomorrow is LYLO and that I am cleared from being possible scum, along with ToonyMan (I've already stated how if I am not scum then he is not scum).

If IO is scum, then today is likely LYLO.  Lynching IO today results in us knowing that whatever he said is bogus and buys us an extra day, while a mislynch today results in a loss for town.

Me personally, I don't want IO lynched, because I think he is town.  I was pointing out to NQT what his course of action could be if he thought I was scum, because if I'm scum then IO HAS to be scum.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 16, 2014, 10:37:12 am »

I am not a lone vampire
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 16, 2014, 11:06:27 am »

(post from work)

Toaster
You didn't claim warlock until today; you know, after the night?  Sure, you said you knew something, but you hadn't really claimed.
I didn't deny Persus's Watcher claim and so there was only one thing I could have been! But sure, I take your point, if someone was insufficiently paying attention, it wouldn't have been clear that I was a Warlock.

Thanks for the flavour. Seems fairly legit.

4mask:
Flabort said there was a Dark Magus, he didn't say the magus had no allies! But look, if Irony Owl's latest info is legit, then we could be dealing with one scum with multiple powers (though multiple night actions seems unlikely). Still, I could believe he'd have an auto.

Hmm, unvote right now.

Hot damn we really need to hear from Persus.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 16, 2014, 01:32:23 pm »

What's you role flavour?
I serve the High Temple as one of the priests. I have the rare power to revive someone from the dead. If the ritual is not performed correctly or my soul is not pure enough, the ritual can go wrong.

Extend

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 16, 2014, 01:48:56 pm »

ZU, I checked back and didn't see it: could you paraphrase what you were told when you were resurrected?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 16, 2014, 02:02:26 pm »

I'm the youngest son of minor nobility, which doesn't make me rich exactly but does mean I don't need to worry about my livelihood. I also sometimes make money by drawing up family trees for nobles, and was working on such a project for a local count when this all happened.

Other than that, I'm a scholar of history, especially local history, with added dabbling in the occult.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 16, 2014, 02:15:47 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
4maskwolf: IronyOwl
Persus13: 4maskwolf, ToonyMan, zombie urist

Day has been Extended to ~4pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 16, 2014, 02:18:08 pm »

Irony Owl, what's you view on the nature of the scum team?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 16, 2014, 02:18:43 pm »

I wake up in bed. I feel like yesterday's events was a dream but my body hurts all over. I'm also wearing my burial clothes. I'm still bound by the ritual and leave
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 16, 2014, 02:33:38 pm »

I'm still bound by the ritual and leave
'Bound' in what way? And by 'leave' do you mean you leave the graveyard?
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 80