Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183841 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!
« Reply #1155 on: July 28, 2014, 02:42:20 pm »

I've just lost this game too many times be anything but paranoid, and when I know you enjoy complex ploys, it doesn't help my trust. It all paid off in the end. Being suspicious is a good town technique to stop scum killing you.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: July 28, 2014, 02:44:39 pm »

The town also failed to realize they had a huge boatload of investigative roles, and something was probably up with that.
Well, they realized it enough to lynch the only person without one. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: July 28, 2014, 02:45:40 pm »

I've just lost this game too many times be anything but paranoid, and when I know you enjoy complex ploys, it doesn't help my trust. It all paid off in the end. Being suspicious is a good town technique to stop scum killing you.
And how often do these complex ploys of mine work?

Once.  In one of my first games.  And it wasn't that complex, I just unvote-bussed a scumbuddy.

Frankly, I thought that the scumteam was you, Persus, and Toaster, since Persus knew your role and Toaster had known who you targeted.  I got the impression that you had come up with an incredibly complicated fakeclaim which nobody could prove otherwise, and had been illusioned N3 (since you were kind of suspicious then, it's why I targeted you).  So much for complex ploys.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: July 28, 2014, 02:48:53 pm »

Is this the first time in a supernatural game that a priest resurrection went off without a problem?
No. Supernatural 6 had a rez go fine. There were some earlier ones that went well too.

I was actually pretty concerned that NQT was a member of the scumteam, along with Toaster and Persus.
Despite the fact that you inspected him and saw he was town. Plus he was one of the few who wanted MOWE to stay alive D3. Those almost confirmed him as town.

Frankly, I thought that the scumteam was you, Persus, and Toaster, since Persus knew your role and Toaster had known who you targeted.  I got the impression that you had come up with an incredibly complicated fakeclaim which nobody could prove otherwise, and had been illusioned N3 (since you were kind of suspicious then, it's why I targeted you).  So much for complex ploys.
THat's not how illusionists work.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: July 28, 2014, 02:50:46 pm »

What do people think about the Dark Magus as a scum team?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: July 28, 2014, 02:53:47 pm »

Whoo! Go town!

Also, Meph, I loved that. I think as a scum team, the Dark Magus allowed for some amazing play and flavor.

You could take the flavor from this game, and write a movie script with it! Throw in some of the intrigue from the day play, and you have quite the Shakespearean tragedy, I think, if the Thief is the protagonist.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: July 28, 2014, 02:57:10 pm »

Hah, just reading the Magus chat. Glad to see Persus wasted an inspect on me rather than figuring out my breadcrumbing. Did anyone work it out? It was trivial for me as an amateur cryptic crossword setter, but I figured you guys wouldn't notice it and if you did notice, you wouldn't figure it out. I see Toaster figured it out, bit too late though (was that after I'd already claimed?) But then, breadcrumbing it did also weaken the strength of Persus' fakeclaim.

This was a fun one. I liked the one man army aspect to the scum team. Way more fun than a straight cult, and way more unpredictable than a kill team. When Wolf claimed a block, I was super suspicious. That element of the unknown wouldn't quite work the same the second time around, but it's enough like other teams that town can be reasonably unsure of what's happening (until night 2 when people start catching fire).

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: July 28, 2014, 03:03:16 pm »

Hah, just reading the Magus chat. Glad to see Persus wasted an inspect on me rather than figuring out my breadcrumbing. Did anyone work it out? It was trivial for me as an amateur cryptic crossword setter, but I figured you guys wouldn't notice it and if you did notice, you wouldn't figure it out. I see Toaster figured it out, bit too late though (was that after I'd already claimed?) But then, breadcrumbing it did also weaken the strength of Persus' fakeclaim.

This was a fun one. I liked the one man army aspect to the scum team. Way more fun than a straight cult, and way more unpredictable than a kill team. When Wolf claimed a block, I was super suspicious. That element of the unknown wouldn't quite work the same the second time around, but it's enough like other teams that town can be reasonably unsure of what's happening (until night 2 when people start catching fire).

I still can't see the clue you breadcrumbed :V

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: July 28, 2014, 03:04:26 pm »

Hover your cursor over my response to my name.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: July 28, 2014, 03:06:32 pm »

I really enjoyed this game.  Despite the scum being determined through process of elimination and interlocking claims, they fought back valiantly and did everything they could to pull victory from the jaws of defeat.  I seriously spent more time than I probably should have thinking through every possible iteration of the scum team.

Wait, what?  How did you do that?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: July 28, 2014, 03:08:38 pm »

I really enjoyed this game.  Despite the scum being determined through process of elimination and interlocking claims, they fought back valiantly and did everything they could to pull victory from the jaws of defeat.  I seriously spent more time than I probably should have thinking through every possible iteration of the scum team.
Yeah, though we were all on the right track, they kept us second-guessing until the end.

Magic.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: July 28, 2014, 03:10:35 pm »

What do people think about the Dark Magus as a scum team?
I really enjoyed this scum team.  It wouldn't have the same shock value a second time, but I think that the newness of it contributed to the feel of the game.  To be honest, I think that the town might have died without Flabort/IO, because they were able to provide crucial information about the nature of the scumteam just when we needed it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: July 28, 2014, 03:12:04 pm »

I really liked the Dark Magus. As mentioned, awesome flavor as well as mechanics.

Magic.
Sorcery works as well.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: July 28, 2014, 03:13:36 pm »

I really liked the Dark Magus. As mentioned, awesome flavor as well as mechanics.

Magic.
Sorcery works as well.
I think I get it now

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: July 28, 2014, 03:13:52 pm »

What? You don't know how to do that?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80