Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Error creating account  (Read 1997 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Error creating account
« on: May 19, 2014, 07:09:32 pm »

Trying to create an account on the Wiki.  I get a token and go through the account creation form, and it reports that accounts can not be created due to an error on the server.

Is this a known issue?  Any idea when it will be back up?

If there is no ETA for a fix, can I impose upon someone to upload / embed some images for me?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Error creating account
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 06:30:03 pm »

Apparently SMF didn't send me an email notification for this thread...
To answer your questions: Yes, this is a known issue, and no, I don't know when it'll be back up.

For a better explanation, it's an issue with an spam-blocking extension I wrote. An early version accidentally prevented any accounts from being created, which I fixed, but the server decided to revert back to the old, non-working version. Briess (the admin) is working to fix it, although he's been busy recently so it's not entirely clear when it'll be working again (hopefully soon™).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 06:41:39 pm »

cool enough, thanks for maintaining the system.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 10:47:54 pm »

Account creation should (hopefully) be working now. Let me or Briess know if you run into any problems with it again.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.