Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What Map?

Urraparrand (1 land, 1 sea, weird geography; 145 land + 35 sea)
- 0 (0%)
Plane of Rusty Nails (1 continent, 1 large sea, 1 small sea, 1 lake; 143 land + 12 sea
- 1 (16.7%)
Valanis (Cave system, 2 continents, 1 sea, 1 island w/ throne; 142 land + 21 sea; not wraparound)
- 0 (0%)
Realm of Roaring Rhinos (1 continent, 1 sea; 169 land + 16 sea)
- 2 (33.3%)
Cradle of Dominion (1 continent, 1 sea, few lakes, interesting geography; 199 land + 22 sea; not wraparound)
- 1 (16.7%)
Other (post what you want in the topic)
- 2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 06, 2014, 04:54:52 pm

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 4.07: Game Going  (Read 32028 times)

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 4.07: Game Going
« Reply #405 on: October 09, 2014, 01:59:55 pm »

Little thing about Sleep cloud and the other fatigue-inducing spells :
Sleep cloud's objective isn't to make its target unconscious. Fatigue puts a penalty on atk/def (and prec IIRC), so units that not put to sleep with a cloud still are much less efficient at combat.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 09, 2014, 02:36:44 pm »

My post-mortem's gonna be relatively short and uninteresting.  Pretty much all my neighbours agreed to or offered peace treaties of some sort fairly early on, so besides finishing off AI Mictlan I didn't have any early conflicts.  My provinces weren't providing very much income and I realised if I just sat where I was in peace it'd be a slow death as others overtook me, so I decided to attack the biggest target I could see at the time (Agartha) since I knew he was already in a war - if it went well it'd get me a bunch more land and power, and if it went badly at least it'd be a more interesting way to lose.  It didn't go well.

All in all I didn't really do a whole lot this game and didn't really learn much as a result.

Ragnoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 10, 2014, 07:33:42 am »

So are we calling this? I think I have a good chance to win and thought it was over with my victory, but just got a notice that my next turn is due in a few hours!!!

If we are still playing can I get an extension for 12 hours? if not I will post a long set of  postmortems this weekend.

Ragnoff
I am Ulm (Dominions games 406 & 407)

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 10, 2014, 10:21:06 am »

I postponed.

but yeah, people seem not to continue, and I can understand that (especially after watching you attack on Pangea while having scouts in every province :D )

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 10, 2014, 12:47:57 pm »

Also, I finally used communions.  THEY ARE AWESOME.  Turns out blood can use communions as well, so I should have gotten some evil pans together.  Oh well.

What were you planning on casting with their communions? I'm not familiar with blood magic and since you get N6 battle magic from your regular pans, I'm a bit stumped.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 10, 2014, 01:12:10 pm »

Also, I finally used communions.  THEY ARE AWESOME.  Turns out blood can use communions as well, so I should have gotten some evil pans together.  Oh well.

What were you planning on casting with their communions? I'm not familiar with blood magic and since you get N6 battle magic from your regular pans, I'm a bit stumped.

So, in the game I had gotten some astral mages from a magical site which I used to throw thunderbolts and the like.  As far as blood magic, most combat spells take a LOT of fatigue.  In fact, the only blood spells that don't immediately knock out the mage are leaching touch and pain transfer, along with re-invigoration.  So in order to cast multiple blood spells in a row you need slaves to pass the fatigue onto.  Also, if you use re-invigoration it will effect the slaves as well, making it a pretty good combo.  Also, casting several of the bigger nature spells (Like the battlefield-wide ones) will knock out your mage as well.  So it's a pretty good tool to use, especially since it also gives you a bonus to all your magical paths as well.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 01:16:10 pm by Puzzlemaker »
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 12, 2014, 01:11:11 pm »

Ok guys, I "finished" the game on llamaserver (after receiving the last turn :p ).
That was nice playing this one :D

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 12, 2014, 01:13:01 pm »

Thanks. Good game guys! Looking forward to playing you again in the future!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]