Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: New kind of succession game - signups now open!  (Read 10008 times)

thegamesurvivor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New kind of succession game - signups now open!
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2014, 08:38:42 pm »

Absolutely! I'll add you to the list of dorfs.

BTW, for anyone wondering, I haven't updated the list of players/dorfs on this thread for a while because there's just tonnes of people asking to join still, I'll update it once the dust settles :)
But. The BEDS. They beckon. They NEED to be watched. EVERYTHING IS NEW AND EXCITING.

I run an indie gaming channel on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGameSurvivorAus

KnickersInAKnit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2014, 02:38:05 pm »

Delays occurring due to bugginess. I sat down to play last night, 40 min later DF crashed and killed all my post-embark work. So I'm going to have to work on breaching the aquifer /again/.

In other news, I did record that 40 min's worth.

Aiming to try and play tonight and fingers crossed that it won't crash this time.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2014, 03:04:19 pm »

Maybe we should wait until 40.02 when the crash bugs that make fort mode unplayable are fixed.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2014, 03:40:15 pm »

I lack anything I could record the game with, but this still looks exciting so may I please be dorfed?  I would prefer a military dorf, but I'm good with anything else.

thegamesurvivor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2014, 04:37:11 pm »

Just a heads up guys, I'm heading away for a week (getting back next Thursday), so the first episode won't be up until then. I've let Knickers know that she can wait until the first bug patch is released (since that'll likely be next week some time) before replaying the first year. Anyway, I'll probably be on the forums once or twice over the next week and I'll keep you all posted!
But. The BEDS. They beckon. They NEED to be watched. EVERYTHING IS NEW AND EXCITING.

I run an indie gaming channel on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGameSurvivorAus

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2014, 04:45:25 pm »

Dorf me as speardwarf with sidejob as engraver.

KnickersInAKnit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2014, 06:58:36 pm »

It's not DF without save corruption! This release should fix an issue with autosaves corrupting and causing various crash issues down the line. For this reason 0.40.01 saves are not compatible with this version...

^ GUESS I'M GOING TO HAVE TO START FRESH THEN.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2014, 01:02:46 am »

And you use autosaves why?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

AltReality

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2014, 12:54:49 pm »

So what's the status on this thing? I know a few new versions have been released...Knickers? Anyone?

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2014, 02:04:52 pm »

I'll join, but I can't record in 1080p.
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

KnickersInAKnit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2014, 06:42:11 pm »

And you use autosaves why?

I don't. But Toady made all .01 saves incompatible with .02...

So what's the status on this thing? I know a few new versions have been released...Knickers? Anyone?

Thanks for checking in.

I started a .01 game. When the update came, .01 -> .02 saves were not not compatible. Wasted a fair amount of playtime on that.
Then I started a .02 game. .02 -> .03 saves also were not compatible. Wasted about 2x the playtime on that.

Currently, I'm waiting for .05 so that DF is stable enough to not worry about having all my work wasted again. It was extremely frustrating and discouraging to have to start fresh twice, compounded by the fact that I was also recording what I was doing on voice so that the guy in charge would have extra material available to him if he wanted. The worst part is that since performance isn't optimized yet, the game is only running at about 30 FPS when I'm recording...oy.

For those of you who might suggest that I just continue playing the .02 fort, please remember that due to compatibility problems, I'd be essentially forcing the entire chain of players after me to play the .02 version.

Apologies for the delay so far guys.

thegamesurvivor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2014, 08:13:30 pm »

Basically what Knickers said. A lot of people were suggesting right from the start that we wait for a couple of bugfixes. Maybe I was a little naive in thinking we'd be okay to play with the first release... :P Anyway, 0.40.03 is the release we'll be playing with!

KnickersInAKnit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2014, 08:20:15 pm »

Most current version is .04 actually!

If saves are stable between .04 to .05 I will start (again!) when .05 comes out.

thegamesurvivor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2014, 08:38:12 pm »

Ah, apologies, do we have a release date for .05 yet?

KnickersInAKnit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2014, 06:37:57 pm »

By the weekend of the 1st of August if .05 isn't out, I will start a new fortress on .04.

...this also gives me time to get all the assignments for my summer classes out of the way.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6