Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World.  (Read 3111 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World.
« on: June 04, 2014, 03:01:18 pm »

Some say he was king of the dwarves. Twice.
Others say he was taken captive by demons, but managed to escape.
Still others say he fought a cyclops with his bare hands and only received a broken nose.
The only thing that can be said for certain is that Zefon Galleyblue is the most interesting dwarf in the world.

Post your interesting people!

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

thegamesurvivor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 08:14:13 pm »

Not a dwarf, but a sheep -

Rith Tatthob. He slayed every other animal in my fort, but in the most gruesome way possible. He first pulled out all of their teeth. All of them. Every animal, fellow sheep, cows, frogs, everything. There were just thousands of teeth lying on the ground all around my fort. Then he killed them. I didn't know it was happening until afterwards, when I saw dozens of dead animals, and millions of teeth. Truly chilling.

I built a statue in his honour and our fort was dedicated to worshipping The Great Tatthob. Then the goblins attacked and killed Rith.

His son escaped though. His legacy lives on.
But. The BEDS. They beckon. They NEED to be watched. EVERYTHING IS NEW AND EXCITING.

I run an indie gaming channel on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGameSurvivorAus

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 10:49:24 pm »

Not a dwarf, but a sheep -

Rith Tatthob. He slayed every other animal in my fort, but in the most gruesome way possible. He first pulled out all of their teeth. All of them. Every animal, fellow sheep, cows, frogs, everything. There were just thousands of teeth lying on the ground all around my fort. Then he killed them. I didn't know it was happening until afterwards, when I saw dozens of dead animals, and millions of teeth. Truly chilling.

I built a statue in his honour and our fort was dedicated to worshipping The Great Tatthob. Then the goblins attacked and killed Rith.

His son escaped though. His legacy lives on.
くコ:彡

gtaguy

• Bay Watcher
  • {Curly Brace}
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 11:49:37 pm »

The goat tooth puller.
Remember children, don't break your toys or Rith Thatthob will rip out all of your teeth and mysteriously murder you in your sleep.
Quote from: GoldenShadow
I don't understand why you need magma.
Quote from: Duuvian
Well done OP, you've inadvertently weaponized ghosts.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 07:34:22 am »

Remember children, don't break your toys or Rith Thatthob will rip out all of your teeth and mysteriously murder you in your sleep.
Sigged.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

thegamesurvivor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 10:14:29 pm »

Careful now, we don't want to offend The Almighty Tatthob, peace be with Him. Definitely considering an embark in his honour, constructing a grand fortress in his name and bringing (literally) flocks of thousands of sheep and breeding as many as possible.

Definitely let's play material?
But. The BEDS. They beckon. They NEED to be watched. EVERYTHING IS NEW AND EXCITING.

I run an indie gaming channel on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGameSurvivorAus

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 11:01:23 pm »

Careful now, we don't want to offend The Almighty Tatthob, peace be with Him. Definitely considering an embark in his honour, constructing a grand fortress in his name and bringing (literally) flocks of thousands of sheep and breeding as many as possible.

Definitely let's play material?

Eh, while I can see massive sheep overbreeding being a thing, you miiiiight want more things to do with your fort than just ensure a safe haven for all sheepkind.
Let's Play material indeed.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 10:56:56 pm »

"I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I stick my head straight in the barrel."

thegamesurvivor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 11:16:20 pm »

Preach it sistah!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 11:20:31 pm »

I once had a dwarf in my mostly-aboveground-volcano-religious-fanaticism fortress called "Reg the Shimmering Ribbon of something-I-can't-remember". He was the only survivor of an early goblin ambush[Which I deterred only by setting the map and most of my fort on fire.] and he ended up losing a leg and a hand. Afterwards, he had the "Doesn't really care about anything anymore" trait. Since his squad was almost untrained when the ambush hapened, he still had a lot of training to do. I ended up giving him a lead crutch. Which is a surprisingly effective weapon. After maybe a year of training, he was basically legendary in everything. He butchered the second goblin ambush single-handedly and by himself. I like to imagine he dedicated each blow to a fallen dwarf burned to death or killed by goblins last time. He had an artifact silver hammer, a wooden shield and that crutch in one hand. He was armoured in adamantine, by far the best armour anyone had. Most everyone else wore leather, bone or silver[No iron or copper ore on site]. I also suspect he's a vampire, given that he has severe alchohol withdrawal and doesn't seem to eat or sleep.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling