Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Got a minute to help a noob?  (Read 952 times)

capennington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Got a minute to help a noob?
« on: June 02, 2014, 11:02:12 pm »

Hello everyone, I recently got into Masterwork DF (and back into DF in general after failing to fully penetrate it all a couple years ago) and while I absolutely love the depth there are so many things that are simply 'out of my league' as it were and even with tinkering, testing, trial and error I'm still coming up short in a lot of areas.  Experience is a lot of it and another is none of my friends play it so I can pick their brain on things they've figured out.

I do know there is documentation and I have read it when i need to hunt something up specific and sometimes that works but I'm looking for something a bit more.  Would anyone be interested in a play-along over Skype or TeamSpeak or something like that off and on to try things out and just have a little fun?  I've found systems like that to be vastly more beneficial than screaming at a wiki to tell me what I want to know and it refusing because it's one page over and I didn't put the two together.

Feel free to email or message me if you're interested in this.

Thanks,
Colby

Thelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Got a minute to help a noob?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 02:04:25 am »

I am interested, yes. Could be a nice "multiplayer" experience, and for sure lots of fun. *^^*

capennington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 11:35:22 pm »

Awesome.  Sent you a message.  Anyone else interested?  Need to figure out how to make the other civs work -- having trouble on embarks and getting going :(

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 06:16:46 am »

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 09:05:44 pm »

Seen dfterm3? Wonder if it works... I see mention of it in the manual but it doesn't seem to be included.

(mention is at the bottom of MasterworkDwarfFortress/repository/utilities.html)
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 09:37:08 pm »

Yes, I know of it, but its not stable yet. And doesnt support tilesets.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::