Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 481318 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #4725 on: August 11, 2014, 06:26:53 am »

Oh, right, that guy. I have a feeling he'd get along well with the rest of the PCs for the picosecond before a TPK occurs and everything is ruined forever.

Smurf: What exactly IS a legion of hell anyway? Is it the same number of units as a roman legion?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: August 11, 2014, 06:48:23 am »

*shrug* Legion just probably sounds scarier than army.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: August 11, 2014, 06:57:39 am »

I would like to request that any GM describing Kasumi's attacks use crow and radioactive motifs.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: August 11, 2014, 07:10:19 am »

speaking of combat testing *cough*
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: August 11, 2014, 07:13:08 am »

I would like to join in on the Combat Testing. I would like to test out Baakteiral at various stages of her infection rating.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: August 11, 2014, 07:21:21 am »

Nazi-chan VS bakterial?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: August 11, 2014, 07:23:07 am »

nazi-chan is still fighting Kyle, just nobody is doing the rolls, mister GM
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: August 11, 2014, 07:33:50 am »

...Fiiiiiine. *has a tantrum*

((It's in his profile. On the first page.))
Kyle flies at Walpurga quickly before cutting his jets at the last moment and slidding below her with one of his tentacles extended to hit her.

((show rolls plz, for maximum turn analysation purposes. Also, did smurf ever decide on the -10 damage from all sources thing? I mean, that was GWGs gurps construct. For all intents and purposes, -10 damage from all sources is equal to the armor giving a +10 on def and res rolls - that is beyond huge)) NO

"I have given you the chance to aid me willingly. But you have elected the way of pain!"

Walpurga, being given some time to react by the space she created between herself and Kyle, decides to end Kyles flight at her prematurely, slamming him into the pavement. ((medium magical attack, for damage and context)) This may or may not break Kyles momentum, so his attack does not reach her, or drag him across the pavement, dealing a bit of additional damage as Kyles large speed would synergize with it (turning just a slam downwards into a slam+drag))

((oh and kyle started with 63, not 53 health))

Walpurga - [36] [18]
Kyle - [53] [2]

Walpurga slams Kyle into the ground! (-4 mana), dealing 22! damage! Kyle's momentum is shattered!

[33+1+2]VS[1+10+3?(shield)]
Rolling a d6 for effects: [5]: No momentum!

Spoiler: soon (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:36:57 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: August 11, 2014, 07:35:39 am »

Show the rolls dammit. how else is testing supposed to be accurate :P
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: August 11, 2014, 07:37:14 am »

Also, Walpurga went first.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: August 11, 2014, 07:40:15 am »

Show the rolls dammit. how else is testing supposed to be accurate :P

Added. I just rolled a d6 for the effects of her attack, since there's no rules given  :D

Also, Walpurga went first.

Wait, so Kyle was just sitting there like a lemon in the meantime? :P

Obvious problems I can see are that the attack cancelling and slam-drag is way too overpowered of an attack.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: August 11, 2014, 07:48:00 am »

Pretty much, yeah. Not that far from the norm.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: August 11, 2014, 07:54:05 am »

I should probably test Titus sometime as well.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: August 11, 2014, 07:54:49 am »

it required a set-up (creating distance in the first move) to be able to react fast enough, and also only worked because Kyle was literaly flying at her in a straight path. It was literaly nothing more than a bit of vector addition, namely, a vector downwards. The rest is entirely contextual, you know, thinking a bit outside of the box. Trying to use a relatively simple ability in a creative way to get more mileage out of it than a mere damage button. Any halfway experienced magic user in combat should try and do that sometime.

if you seriously find applying some tactical sense to an ability to break up the grid of just "I slash!" and "I blast!" overpowered, it rather serves to show how monotone the battles have been so far.

also, it's not a momentum canceling attack. It's applying force to press him against the ground. That does not necessarily provide a safe method of actually stopping an incoming attack - that was how you judged the roll on the d6 you rolled. I was more thinking along the line of penalty on the hit roll, as he will at least be slowed down by the grinding and thus easier to dodge, and/or like a d3 of extra grinding damage based on the synergy with the ongoing event, that is Kyle moving very fast. I mean, what hurts more, just being slammed against the ground, or being slammed against the ground on a motorcycle :P ?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: August 11, 2014, 07:58:25 am »

If any of you meta-detect the incoming assassins, I will attempt to oneshot you.  :P

That includes scanners.

it required a set-up (creating distance in the first move) to be able to react fast enough, and also only worked because Kyle was literaly flying at her in a straight path. It was literaly nothing more than a bit of vector addition, namely, a vector downwards. The rest is entirely contextual, you know, thinking a bit outside of the box. Trying to use a relatively simple ability in a creative way to get more mileage out of it than a mere damage button. Any halfway experienced magic user in combat should try and do that sometime.

if you seriously find applying some tactical sense to an ability to break up the grid of just "I slash!" and "I blast!" overpowered, it rather serves to show how monotone the battles have been so far.

also, it's not a momentum canceling attack. It's applying force to press him against the ground. That does not necessarily provide a safe method of actually stopping an incoming attack - that was how you judged the roll on the d6 you rolled. I was more thinking along the line of penalty on the hit roll, as he will at least be slowed down by the grinding and thus easier to dodge, and/or like a d3 of extra grinding damage based on the synergy with the ongoing event, that is Kyle moving very fast. I mean, what hurts more, just being slammed against the ground, or being slammed against the ground on a motorcycle :P ?

Good point, strategy isn't exactly a big feature in the combat ATM.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 685