Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 481223 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2014, 03:27:00 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 09:46:40 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2014, 04:09:13 am »

Spoiler: Alice Legnard (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:04:55 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2014, 04:10:17 am »

You need to add a [/spoiler] tag to the end.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2014, 04:11:29 am »

Missed that, thank you
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2014, 05:19:30 am »

*cracks fingers*

Alright, I'm back on my PC now. No shitty phone copy pasting! Time to get shit done.

Let's leave it up to the GM.

Speaking of, GM, PM me any ideas and shit for balancing it if you have issues.

Always glad to help.

Until 682-tan is more balanced and fair, it's rejected. Although, granted, it is a legal character, it's also unfair and pretty 'munchkin-y'. I really, really don't like munchkins.

excuse me, a damage reduction of 21 points?

attacks averagely do what, 4-7 damage - assuming equal strength to defence. That's maaaybe a bit too tanky.

How about:

Minor: increases damage absorption by 2 for one turn

medium: increases damage absorption by 4 for one turn, or by 2 for 2 turns

big: increases damage absorption by 6 for one turn, or by 4 for 2 turns, or by 2 for 3 turns

etc.

All these abilities need to be used actively and take mana and a roll. No, you may not get nuked and just tank that and even become stronger from it. Invincibility is not a legit ability.

That fits generaly pretty well into how everyone elses abilities are scaling compared to mana cost and difficulty

I'd take Akroma's advice.

@KJ and @Ragnarok probably should post all relevant data on how their respective conspiracies acquired their funds, power, resources, etc. for all to audit. As I recall, PCs having access to the might of enormous conspiracies was an issue.

Aside from that, my involvement basically ends here. Good luck with the reset.

Good idea.

I'll do my best to hold the line, sir! Good luck with your future projects, and thanks for all the help.

Spoiler: Alice Legnard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Icarus (click to show/hide)

Accepted. I was worried about ICARUS being a bit OP, but the systems work out nicely.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 05:25:44 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2014, 05:26:29 am »

Likewise, it's been a pleasure :D

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2014, 05:29:23 am »

compared to the old system, Icarus ability got nerfed. In the old system, she straight up go an increase on the roll, so with enough mana put in, she could not roll below that point. In the new system, all that is increased is the range of the dice - which does not actually guarantee you roll higher. In the example fight, she kept increasing her strength, but only rolled higher than her actual normal strength *once*. It seems an appropriate downside, considered how versatile the overdrive is. And a bit of a gamble is always nice. No more what Icarus ability used to be, a button that said "pass next roll"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2014, 05:29:56 am »

Hit the jackpot:

ICARUS
Alucard, Bartimaeus, HILDA, Lizzy, Winry
Selina
Alice
Dalia
Stella
Frederika
Kyle
Ashley
Sen
Tobias
Laura
Grimrick
Angel/Nuriel
Maria/Anima

Which characters are still active? I'm pretty sure Bart died somehow, and I've already posted up some charsheets.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2014, 05:37:56 am »

I am not sure, but most of these should be active. Bart I think did not die, but was locked away fro plot reasons

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2014, 06:07:47 am »

Well, once we're out of this endless OOC deadlock, we can get back to the game. Time to think up some plots...
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2014, 06:13:05 am »

don't worry smurf, the players have you covered. I have 3 detailed plots more or less finished (though everything needs re-statting), and a large, overarching plot, which is in collaboration with Projeck. Then there is also PrivateNomad who has at least one plot chalked up. That's how ROTMG goes, most plots are player driven.

The v3 starts basicaly with me and PN kicking off my first plot, which acts as an introduction for the overarching plot. Feel of course free to think of plots making use of the overarching plot once that has been established. The whole point of making it overarching is to provide a set of reoccuring villains that can to some extend be used freely by everyone. Less of the villain of the week, and more of the evil organisation kind of thing

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2014, 06:53:00 am »

Hey guys, mind if I upgrade Anima's staff to masterwork? It IS a magically crafted object and it IS really damn old- something that old is either rusted or really damn well magicaly crafted. I dunno for what it would be used FOR, specifically as she can't use flashy fireballs, but blah. It made sense in my head.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2014, 06:55:20 am »

humm, I'd say since it is only a fluff item that never gets used, since you said you can't do anything but do summons, I dont see why the stats even matter - unless you plan on giving the staff to someone else.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2014, 06:59:37 am »

Well, I suppose it may matter if she decides to become a pimp and repurpose it as her cane. I suppose the gods she summons would count as her homies in that case.

Anyway, one final note: if Will is still going to be used, then his rifle may actually end up with a negative bonus due to its nature.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 07:04:25 am by Empiricist »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2014, 07:36:19 am »

The characters look properly-GURPSed, though I'd argue that including an explanation of what everything is is more important than the raw GURPSey stuff.

When we make the trope page, lets not clog it with the old stuff.
We already have a trope page.

Current one is really clogged up in my opinion. We could just add on to it, I guess. Keep the old one and use a new one maybe.
Why do we need a new one? Does the trope page for Star Wars ignore the prequels and the Expanded Universe? Does the trope page for D&D cover only AD&D? Does the trope page for TWoOtA stop and link to a new one once things took a turn for the serious?

...GWG still has Hell, I have the insane clusterfuck that is the Celestial Bureaucracy...
1. The Celestial Bureaucracy was part of my Hell-lore before you got it. Just sayin'...
2. My Hell-lore has been ground into dust by anyone who thought they had a better idea of what demons or the Afterlife should be.
3. Despite designing demons, I've never claimed that I should control them.

But yeah seriously relevant flaws and 150 in variable power pool Y/N?
That would give her 15 points to play with at any time. Balanced as a PC, but pathetic for the creator of the universe.

Soooo I'm making 682-chan.
Their advantages would be something like this:
Bloodlust -10
Enemies (IRIS or Midorikawa Group, @ Gm's Discretion) (Large Group, Hunter) -40
DR (Absorbtion, Semi-Ablative, No Armor) - 21 levels, 147 points
Sanitized Metabolism - 1 pt
Penetrating Voice - 1 pt
No Hangover - 1 pt
aight? :P
Hey, someone who wants to make their own character! Just keep in mind that this isn't actually GURPS.
DR is a bit...wonky. If you want to have it reduce damage, you halve the DR (ie, DR 21 would take 10 damage off of each attack). The reasoning for that can be found in my GURPSifying post about HP, FP, &c, but the short version is that attacks in RMG-3 tend to do a lot less damage than ones in GURPS. You might want to reduce it to 20 and save some points. Seven points...you can surely do something with that. Maybe tale Talons and have a natural Good weapon.
Or drop even more DR and add some Regeneration.

Ok, To be completely honest, No matter how 682 is made, statted, or otherwise written, it's just going to end up being another immortal being that no one can deal with IC or OOC. Rebooting the game was meant to get away from that. No offense, but please do not make such an OP character. And yes, Talia is OP. No matter how you fight her, all she does is get stronger. There is no winning against her.
Looking at her stats, she isn't that OP. Sure, she's tough, but she's not that tough. Enough bullets will wear down her armor, and big enough bullets will punch right through it. Plus, she doesn't have much else, and the Midiyorkas (I know I spelled that wrong) should show up in at least a third of her adventures to capture or kill her.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How would the trouble-makers find out?

The carapace armour is mainly physical in nature. Certain spells will crack her open like wet cement...
Certain spells? I'd say just about any spells would ignore her armor. And don't get me started on save-or-die. She's like...um...*factchecks Pokemon wiki* Dammit, Ferrothorn has excellent Special Defense. Um...pretend it doesn't, and she's like Ferrothorn. Sure, she's tough, but Special Attacks get past her defenses, and Fire(ing AP rounds) is super effective!

@KJ and @Ragnarok probably should post all relevant data on how their respective conspiracies acquired their funds, power, resources, etc. for all to audit. As I recall, PCs having access to the might of enormous conspiracies was an issue.

Aside from that, my involvement basically ends here. Good luck with the reset.
Indeed.
Thank you.

Anyway, one final note: if Will is still going to be used, then his rifle may actually end up with a negative bonus due to its nature.
Huh?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 685