Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 481508 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC
« Reply #570 on: June 11, 2014, 07:20:09 pm »

Why are you talking out of context in the out of context thread?

Also, where's wolfchild? I just need her action and I can update the combat.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 11, 2014, 07:21:10 pm »

Wolfchild sorta pops in and out when they want to. They aren't as obsessed addicted online all the time like us.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 11, 2014, 07:24:40 pm »

Why are you talking out of context in the out of context thread?

Because it was out of context for the out of context thread, I guess, seeing as Puella Magi stuff. Still silly though. :V

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 11, 2014, 08:06:58 pm »

Fun story: When I was doing Asuna's character sheet, I actually temporarily deleted Strength somehow. And then I was left wondering why my stats added up to less than 100. :V

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 11, 2014, 08:42:31 pm »

Btw, everyone's done an action.
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 11, 2014, 08:43:40 pm »

That's what you get for challenging a fire spirit to a drinking contest?
Wouldn't it more logically matter for an eating contest? I'd think the drinking contest would be bad for the fire spirit...

I've considered things, and decided that someone would get the bright idea of attacking Murder Night directly if I started a plotline around harassing her empire. So, I might as well stat her out and solidify why she's the scariest warlord in the world.

Spoiler: The Shadow Spirit (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Power Modifier (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Murder Night's Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Murder Night's Powers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Summary (click to show/hide)
TL;DR: She's a highly flexible glass cannon with a bunch of useful abilities, including immortality, regeneration, and a truly absurd level of mana regen.
Of course, this is all assuming that the Shadow Spirit doesn't personally intervene. Unlikely...but possible.

(Code word: Moordnag)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 11, 2014, 08:44:07 pm »

ROLLIN TIEM
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 11, 2014, 08:50:16 pm »

So out of curiosity, what WOULD happen if Murder Night was struck by a tungsten telephone pole at reentry velocities?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 11, 2014, 08:52:39 pm »

So out of curiosity, what WOULD happen if Murder Night was struck by a tungsten telephone pole at reentry velocities?
She'd die, and then come back once it got dark. At which point she would begin working on how to not have that happen again, possibly by triggering Kessler syndrome to destroy the thing.

"S-Sometimes I even try to kill myself..." she says in tears.
The other guy spat out the bullet? That's good, because it means Lizzie didn't die.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 11, 2014, 08:58:54 pm »

Ah, good to know.

I suppose the logical solution would be to lock her in a realm of eternal day, then? Theoretically, at least. Does the reincarnation thing depend on light level or actual day/night cycle or what?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 11, 2014, 09:57:13 pm »

Ah, good to know.

I suppose the logical solution would be to lock her in a realm of eternal day, then? Theoretically, at least. Does the reincarnation thing depend on light level or actual day/night cycle or what?
It depends on light not being present.
Yeah, you could shine a flashlight on her remains or something, but between her minions and the Shadow Spirit, good luck keeping it there.
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 11, 2014, 10:00:45 pm »

Bombard that spot for five years while also shining flood lights on the body and then dip it in holy water, have the pope consecrate it, have several good gods bless it, dip it in acid, set it on fire, zap it with lightning, pee on it, eat it, put it in a can, put that in a jar, throw it in a volcano, and then dip it in the ocean while hot lava drips off it.
Then nuke it.
It's the only way to be sure.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 11, 2014, 11:11:39 pm »

Bombard that spot for five years while also shining flood lights on the body and then dip it in holy water, have the pope consecrate it, have several good gods bless it, dip it in acid, set it on fire, zap it with lightning, pee on it, eat it, put it in a can, put that in a jar, throw it in a volcano, and then dip it in the ocean while hot lava drips off it.
Then nuke it.
It's the only way to be sure.
I'm pretty sure there would be several authorities knocking on your door before you managed five years. And that's assuming that the constant bombardment didn't kick up enough dust to let her regenerate, and that the Shadow Spirit doesn't intervene.
She doesn't even really need a body to come back. Heck if I know what happens if her body is destroyed. She probably comes back once night falls.
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 11, 2014, 11:16:28 pm »

If the body is destroyed then it probably should never be a problem again just for all the effort of that.

Or you can just launch her into space as even if she revived she'd be stuck.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 12, 2014, 09:01:55 am »

If the body is destroyed then it probably should never be a problem again just for all the effort of that.

Or you can just launch her into space as even if she revived she'd be stuck.
She has Unkillable 3. She doesn't need an intact body, and she'll get a new one somewhere reasonably safe.
And reading the rules carefully reveals that she doesn't need the bit-over-an-hour of darkness to be in one stretch...
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 685