Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 481044 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC
« Reply #1125 on: June 23, 2014, 12:36:44 pm »

Added drawbacks to abilities, statline hopefully done.

Oh, part of the way he does his magical/super-powered shit; he ages hyper fast during battle. It's not as efficient as "age twice as fast, move twice as fast" unfortunately, but it's only for short bursts, so hopefully it should be alright. His lifespan is cut fairly significantly though, by some 20 years at least.

Which is to say, Vital Surge is his Overdrive mode where he takes damage every turn in exchange for being badass as all hell.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: June 23, 2014, 10:45:00 pm »

Hai guis wass up

So is Spensir the goods now or should I work on the mecha-girl?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: June 23, 2014, 10:47:08 pm »

If you're going to do mecha girl consider that there is a race of monster people that enjoy making steampunk cybernetic enhancements and attaching them to themselves. It's very fashionable.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: June 24, 2014, 03:04:27 am »

So many pages... I was only gone for 2 days...
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: June 24, 2014, 03:35:33 am »

Spensir gets a green light.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: June 24, 2014, 05:18:57 am »

Submitting a sheet for review. Note that I do not intend to join right now, but rather in about four months or so when I'm not as busy.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:03:56 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: June 24, 2014, 05:30:09 am »

wait, what is the ability again? he changes reality to fit in whatever way he solves some maths problem?

with zero mag, hardly possible
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 24, 2014, 05:38:13 am »

Not a maths problem, a philosophical question. And I'm not sure whether or not I read the rules correctly, but from my understanding negligible is pretty much cost free. The ability is really just there so that they can maintain their weapon without violating it's integrity.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 24, 2014, 05:39:48 am »

eh?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 24, 2014, 05:42:27 am »

Yeah, I'm still a bit confused on how the ability actually works, and what it does. Any simple explanations for us?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 24, 2014, 05:44:32 am »

also, even for negliable tasks, remember that the average human still has a magic stat of 5. Having 0 in magic means your char is so utterly and extremely unmagic that he should not even manage negliable stuff. Yes, minmaxing to such an extreme has drawbacks

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: June 24, 2014, 05:54:37 am »

At the end of the day, the ability, considering that it cannot work on sentient or otherwise soul-possessing life forms and requires continuous physical contact is useless for most applications. It basically means that, by skewing it's answer towards something, it can replace an enchanted object, part-by-part until the entire object is replaced yet the enchantment remains. Of course, that is a slow and time-consuming process, assuming it is even able to replace parts of the enchanted object while still maintaining physical contact with it. Furthermore, that's assuming the enchantment would even need the ability to transfer it, rather than there being an inbuilt way just to switch the vessel, or there being an easier magical way.

Basically, you start with something enchanted. Say a muramasa blade.

The Ship of Theseus is the philosophical question that if you progressively replaced a ship, part by part over time, would it still be the same ship in the end?

By answering it via Null's ability as "Yes", you could then say replace some of the blade's material with something else, slightly altering it's form. The properties would remain the same as it is considered to be the same weapon.
You repeat that process.

Over and over again.

Until the entire weapon has been replaced with a machinegun.

As the current answer to the Ship of Theseus is "Yes", the machinegun and the original cursed katana are technically the same thing. That is, the bloodlust curse still applies to the browning machinegun. Thus the machinegun is supernaturally empowered but demands blood when unsheathed. Except machineguns are never unsheathed as they have no sheaths. Thus it has effectively removed the limitation whilst keeping the benefit.

The main usage now, seeing as the weapon has already been changed to a more useful form, is that repairing it and whatnot using a similar application of the ability means that the weapon is still considered the same, regardless of how many repairs it's undergone.

I interpreted negligible as having no cost and not necessarily requiring a magic roll. I thus limited the ability as much I could so that it would be unlikely to be useful for anything else so that it may qualify for that designation.

In that case, what is the minimum magic requirement to use that ability reliably enough to perform regular maintenance?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 24, 2014, 05:57:53 am »

None, just make it an enchantment that exists on the weapon and can't be used on anything else. Heck, make it RWBY style, no need for an enchantment, it's just some neat mechanism

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 24, 2014, 06:02:30 am »

Okay done. I just was worried that having additional magic integrated into it was more likely to cause issues.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: June 24, 2014, 06:15:15 am »

I do like that replacement ability. Null is in. Try and avoid turning people into weapons, please.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 685