Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 481346 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC
« Reply #1155 on: June 24, 2014, 09:29:25 am »

Good luck ladies and gents. I'm busy doing my own, non-climactic tests that contribute nothing to our final grade.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 24, 2014, 10:55:17 am »

I only have one more examine, scheduled tomorrow.
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 24, 2014, 10:59:13 am »

I'm on summer break! Yay!

So hows does the news characters be's the introductioned?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 24, 2014, 12:18:17 pm »

I'd advice reading the last what, 25 pages of the game to get an idea of what is going on and making something up
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 24, 2014, 08:37:07 pm »

So for character creation with the disabilities, perks & advantages do we draw straight from the GURPS rulebook?
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: June 24, 2014, 08:55:39 pm »

If you want to. It's optional.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: June 24, 2014, 10:55:28 pm »

So when's the last time you updated the char list? :p
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: June 24, 2014, 11:07:37 pm »

Not just a minute ago. Heh.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: June 24, 2014, 11:19:16 pm »

I actually only asked because I saw HK-47 while reading the last 30 pages or so and got really confused.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: June 25, 2014, 12:07:06 am »

Name: Kaotaro Kanemoro

Description: Kaota (usually) looks like a guy. A very pretty guy, but a guy. She is quite tall, yet has tiny breasts, making it easy to mistake her for one combined with her outfit, and very few people, if any, can guess her real gender without assistance. No, really. Silvery-white hair, cut short(yes she dyes it and you won't judge her), wearing simple suits or what would appear to be a boy's school uniform, but there's also sometimes something...odd. Sometimes, she'll try to stand and find herself unable to, or her arm won't respond for a moment. She tries to ignore these incidents, but they also make her look worried or anxious. The truth is, she has a progressive nerve disorder, and only an electronic system that runs along her spinal cord and nerve clusters along her body allows her to walk, or even talk. She keeps her hair short to prevent it getting tangled up with the devices, and the clothing helps keep it all hidden. It also serves as the basis for her combat suit, growing over her body as armor and weapon all in one. The hand she's played in it's creation is unknown, though with her typical rate of invention, it's likely she served in large part as to it's current design. However, this mechanical system is now integrated into her body, cannot truly be removed, and seems, sometimes, to have a mind of it's own. The girl is mostly very cheerful, always trying to help people, typically fairly charming, and very geeky, but also rather depressed and anxious, internally. Harbors an internal rage about her condition. Has no real clue about romance. Kaota likes Clothing(just, usually masculine), science fiction, books(especially classic plots), games, tinkering, and cooking. Also enjoys most music, though she's practically tone-deaf. She dislikes certain large animals, motor vehicles, unnecessary violence, being rescued, and sports.

Stats: 100/100
Health: 9 [27]
Mana: 14 [14]*
Speed: 14
Skill: 23
Strength: 7
Magic: 15
Defense: 7
Resistance: 9

Perks:
Precision Strike: Kaotaro's attacks deal additional damage based on how much over the target's speed she rolled. She deals extra damage equal to 1/3 of the difference, but this does not work for AoE attacks.

Equipment: QV-9 Nerve Stimulation Support Chassis (the technical classification for the thing attached to her; +2 Strength & Defense)

Ability: Kaotaro uses a unique mana resource system: Power. She has a flat amount of Power available, and many abilities take up a certain amount of that Power, while others requires a certain amount of free, or sometimes, Stored, Power. Kaotaro starts any given fight with four Power available, which can be improved by her abilities up to a maximum of 14.

Negligible:
Disengage: Kaotaro allows a piece of equipment or software to be abandoned, losing any benefits and detriments it may have given her, as well as no longer needing to pay it's Power cost. This can be done along with any other action, allowing for fast switching between sets of gear.
Eject: Kaotaro disengages everything, launching herself away from the suit in a last ditch attempt to save herself. Other than a basic protective suit which cushions her against damage from falling, she cannot use any abilities for two turns afterwards.
Battery Pack: Any time Kaotaro is not using or does not use all of the power she is generating, the excess is stored for use with abilities that require Free Power. She can store up to 2/5/9/14/20 Power in this manner, with each given Power-boosting ability. More Stored Power, however, is not always a good thing, and she can take damage from it if there is too much. Stored Power can also be consumed for powering continuous abilities, though this requires twice as much Stored Power each turn as the ability normally requires.

Small:
Engage Combat Mode: Kaotaro constructs her basic combat suit around herself, protects her from harm, to a degree. Required for all other abilities(at first; if replaced by another mode, she can continue to use abilities). Grants 2 Damage Reduction. Uses 1 Power.
Engage Thruster Jets: Kaotaro constructs maneuvering jets and anti-gravity nodes across her suit, granting her +3 Speed and allowing flight. May be used alongside any Engage ability. Uses 1 Power.
Engage Targeting HUD: Kaotaro enables the chassis to designate a portion of it's power to range-finding, trajectory analysis, and tracking movement patterns, granting her +3 Skill and reducing penalties for long-distance combat. May be used alongside any Engage ability. Uses 1 Power.
Engage Self-Defense Armaments: Kaotaro constructs some basic weaponry for herself, giving her access to Light +3 Ranged or Melee weaponry. This weaponry can have one additional ability, chosen from the following: Defensive(Kaotaro gain +1 to Speed rolls to avoid being hit by attacks of the same nature as the weapon whilst wielding it); Spread(the weapon has a small AoE and ignores cover, but a shorter range); Powerful(The weapon is Medium, instead of Light, and gains +1 to damage on top of that); or Precise(the weapon has an additional +1 bonus to hit, and can target some weak points). Once constructed, these weapons can be reconfigured very quickly, due to their adaptable and integrated nature, often requiring only for the weapon to be turned around; for this reason, she can change the ability of the weapon she's using(and thus, the weapon available to her) and fire at the same time, though she does not gain the benefit of either ability the turn she does this. Uses 1 Power.
Engage Hyper-Metabolic Drive: Kaotaro takes time to improve the processes generating power for her suit and equipment, increasing the efficiency and giving herself 2 additional Power. The cooling process means her suit grows additional spines. Requires two free Power.
Construct Custom Gear:

Medium:

Engage Strike Mode: Kaotaro's armor thickens and hardens, covering more area with more powerful armor, giving her 4 Damage Reduction, and regenerating her health by 1 per turn while Engaged. May be used alongside any Medium or higher Engage ability. Uses 2 Power. Replaces any previous Mode
Engage Boost Mode: Kaotaro's suit streamlines itself and grows wheels, growing more sleek and angled, giving her a +2 bonus to Speed rolls, as well as giving her 3 Damage Reduction. May be used alongside any Medium or higher Engage ability. Uses 2 Power. Replaces any previous Mode.
Engage Basic Arms Suite: Kaotaro constructs more advanced, but still comparatively small weaponry. This gives her access to Light +5 Ranged or Melee Weaponry. This weaponry can have one additional ability, chosen from the following: Piercing, Heavy, Rapid-Fire, Explosive, Homing, Shielded, or Multi-Role. Once constructed, these weapons can be reconfigured very quickly, due to their adaptable and integrated nature, often requiring only for the weapon to be turned around; for this reason, she can change the ability of the weapon she's using(and thus, the weapon available to her) and fire at the same time, though she does not gain the benefit of either ability the turn she does this. Uses 2 Power.
Engage Defensive Countermeasures:
Engage Ablative Shielding:
Engage Heavy Lift Capacity:
Engage Cold Fusion Sub-Reactor: Kaotaro constructs a miniature cold fusion reactor, generating even more power. Requires three free Power, Hyper-Metabolic Drive to be engaged, and generates 2 additional Power. The spines and fins required to ensure the cooling process means she takes a -1 penalty to Speed whilst this is active.
Construct Unique Equipment

Big:
Engage Assault Mode:
Engage Support Mode:
Engage Stealth Mode:
Engage Hunter Mode: Kaotaro's suit further enhances it's capabilities, subsuming many of it's functions to the integrated AI in exchange for offensive abilities and taking on a feral, predatory experience. While so engaged, Kaotaro has 3 Damage Reduction, gains a +3 bonus to Speed and Skill rolls, deals +1 damage with all of her weapons, and suffers a -2 penalty to Defense and Resistance. Weapons manifested while in this form gain the 'Bloodlust' ability. Uses 3 Power. Replaces any previous Mode.
Engage Advanced Weapons Suite:
Engage (Psychic Antenna?)
Engage (Super Computer?)
Engage Vacuum Flux Engine: Kaotaro constructs a small device that generates energy from a vacuum, sometimes known as zero point energy, to succor her energy needs. Requires four free Power, Cold Fusion Sub-Reactor to be engaged, and generates 3 more power.
Construct Purpose-Built Enhancement

Enormous:
Engage Siege Mode:
Engage Constructor Mode:
Engage Infiltrator Mode:
Engage Predator Mode:
Engage Heavy Weapons Suite:
Engage Anti-Matter Super-Reactor: Kaotaro gives in to the power of the being supporting her, and constructs the
Construct

Gigantic:
Self-Destruction Sequence: Kaotaro goes boom.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 11:55:40 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: June 25, 2014, 01:27:28 am »

*sigh* So... my mom's 'boyfriend' finally drew the last straw... just spent over 2 hours in the basement holding a microphone stand at the ready while listening to yelling and thumping of a suitcase being banged against walls...

Nothings broken, we're all fine... But in about 7-9 hours when I wake up, I'd like someone to talk to... I'll be on the Forum, and on Steam.

Thanks guys. I'll talk in the morning.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: June 25, 2014, 01:29:39 am »

*sigh* So... my mom's 'boyfriend' finally drew the last straw... just spent over 2 hours in the basement holding a microphone stand at the ready while listening to yelling and thumping of a suitcase being banged against walls...

Nothings broken, we're all fine... But in about 7-9 hours when I wake up, I'd like someone to talk to... I'll be on the Forum, and on Steam.

Thanks guys. I'll talk in the morning.
*glomps, crying*

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 25, 2014, 01:37:47 am »

*Cries as well but leaves the glomping of Cado to Elf*
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: June 25, 2014, 04:32:19 am »

sigh, families are difficult. Wish you good luck Cado
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 25, 2014, 04:47:55 am »

I hope things get better for you Cado
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 685