Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 481377 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Snorting Magic Swords
« Reply #2490 on: July 13, 2014, 01:03:41 am »

In that case, you could go create an American flag with the red parts being magma. Then, you can introduce any noble too caught up in their feudalism to the concept of democracy by throwing them into your giant American flag of magma :P

@SmufingtonTheThird: are any organizations (particularly commercial or military) able to mass-enchant objects? If so, it may be possible for nuclear isomer-based weapons to be created.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:28:01 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: July 13, 2014, 01:53:49 am »

((MvM is still good fun, even after all these years.

In that case, you could go create an American flag with the red parts being magma. Then, you can introduce any noble too caught up in their feudalism to the concept of democracy by throwing them into your giant American flag of magma :P

@SmufingtonTheThird: are any organizations (particularly commercial or military) able to mass-enchant objects? If so, it may be possible for nuclear isomer-based weapons to be created.

Make sure you catch a whole bunch of magma crabs and use them as machine guns to keep out "illegal immigrants".

Erm... I dunno about IRIS, I think maybe only Murder Night, although only at a single hidden facility (that'll make a nice campaign mission) and possibly SERT.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: July 13, 2014, 01:56:02 am »

Most companies should be able to due to 'advancements' by IRIS.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: July 13, 2014, 02:17:43 am »

Right. It's unlikely for IRIS to possess the capability to do so. Likewise, SERT itself probably won't though one of it's member nations might. Not sure about Murder Night. This is because nuclear isomers generally require a nuclear reaction to produce. Needless to say this sort of stuff would be heavily restricted.

I shall for now assume it is the use of hafnium-178m2 as there are actual figures on it and it can actually be stabilized by magic (most other isomers tend to decay in less than a second, even if you have magic, I doubt you'd be able to magically stabilize it on time), though with a half-life of 31 years, that is optional anyway.

Hafnium-178m2 would be capable of releasing approximately 1.330x109 joules of energy. Note that it releases this energy in the form of gamma radiation. However, it is rather impractical for any real application because as stated, it has a half-life of 31 years. Of course, if magic were to cause a sample of it to fully decay instantly, then it is fully usable as a power source.

Should such a mechanism be paired with a mechanism that focuses the gamma radiation, it would be possible to create a laser rifle that fires gamma radiation bursts of significant power with each energy cell being a lump of hafnium-178m2. I doubt it would be easy to produce hafnium-178m2 in enough quantities to mass produce such firearms without drawing unwanted attention. However, using a similar principle it could be possible to create a laser-based missile defense unit or weapon for elite units. Either way, a single shot would be rather potent seeing as it would essentially be a nuclear bomb-pumped laser.

Consider this instead: the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty restricts the creation of nuclear weapon. A nuclear weapon by definition uses nuclear reactions such as fission or fusion. A Nuclear Isomer Bomb does NOT come under that definition. Hence it's deployment does not violate such treaties. See the implications?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: July 13, 2014, 02:31:09 am »

((It is nuclear. It is a weapon. Nuclear weapon. None for you.

Still, Murder Night's probably still making a nuke or two either way.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: July 13, 2014, 02:32:44 am »

It technically isn't. I doubt Murder Night would have one seeing as she probably doesn't care too much about international laws anyway. But it does mean that one of the nuclear five could be arming their allies with such weapons. Or a nation may be developing one by itself...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: July 13, 2014, 02:59:12 am »

Oh, I didn't notice you were talking about nukes.

In that case they don't even have them.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: July 13, 2014, 04:38:38 am »

Oh, I didn't notice you were talking about nukes.
More of an energy storage means. It can be used in both explosives and lasers.

When an electron in an atom gets excited, it falls back to it's ground state after a while, releasing a photon. You can do that to nucleons as well, thus forming a nuclear isomer. It allows a significant amount of energy to be stored. Only issue is, if it's magic-operated, it can be weaponized rather easily.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: July 13, 2014, 04:44:28 am »

Yes well Icarus referred to Lucifer as the overlord of Hell and Akroma never corrected it.

why would I correct that? Icarus does not know any better.

edit: also curses upon Spensir, keeping all those buffs and debuffs in mind makes turns take ages
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 05:04:19 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: July 13, 2014, 05:44:38 am »

yeah, magic really needs a nerf. 8 Mana for an attack that is likely to one-shot most things?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: July 13, 2014, 05:56:59 am »

Long ranged glass cannons. Fun, until they teleport behind you. Yeah, mana cost probably needs to go up.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 08:02:05 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: July 13, 2014, 08:02:18 am »

Spoiler: You see nothing (click to show/hide)

Time for nerf. And with this, I go sleeps, because I have school tomorrow  :'(
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:29:42 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: July 13, 2014, 08:04:40 am »

So, what roll determines whether or not an attack knocks him off a dragon?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: July 13, 2014, 08:08:29 am »

Why cant he use a modern weapon instead of a sword?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: July 13, 2014, 08:09:06 am »

more and more characters, geez, when does it ever eeeend
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 685