Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 475520 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Snorting Magic Swords
« Reply #2805 on: July 15, 2014, 04:44:58 am »

Cutscene for sure. I stayed up late for this specifically too.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: July 15, 2014, 04:47:38 am »

*7.45 in Australia right now*

Well, shit.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: July 15, 2014, 04:48:34 am »

4:50 in the AM. This is dedication right here. I haven't slept.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: July 15, 2014, 04:55:51 am »

That's when I usually get up. 19-hour days for the win.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: July 15, 2014, 04:58:25 am »

4:50 in the AM. This is dedication right here. I haven't slept.
...Shouldn't you just prepare the cutscene and give it to someone to post on your behalf in future? That doesn't sound very good for your health, or your studies.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: July 15, 2014, 05:12:29 am »

Out of school right now. No job. And insomnia.

Anyways, I'm not the bone doing the cutscene... You'll see once Akroma gets it going, how I'm involved.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: July 15, 2014, 05:26:53 am »

man, had I known about that, I would have gotten up earlier, sorry

edit: soooo...projeck offline now?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 05:49:05 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: July 15, 2014, 05:58:33 am »

I suppose so, can't really blame him.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: July 15, 2014, 05:59:31 am »

that puts the cutscene on hold for ..I guess at least 8 hours?

oh well, infodump time then
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: July 15, 2014, 06:22:51 am »

"Long before creation was as it is today, the chaos behind the stars was the realm of a great Caliph. His true name is unknown, nor are *any* of his names known, for they are damnation and fire, a single letter enough to shatter the existance of a lesser god. He ruled over his Caliphate within the endless void, and kept it safe from harm for twelve times twelve ages. One day, a Djinn said "Let it be", and what is was was creation. The Caliph was not pleased with that, and went to shatter reality He thrust his spear into the shining hull, deep into the world, and surely would have pierced it's heart, as the Djinn was not strong enough to fend him off. But the djinn was wise, and knew that within the spears point laid the Caliphs power. He cut off the shaft, and the power of creation beat back the Caliph with the same intensity as he had assaulted it. Gravely wounded, the Caliph retreated into his palace to die, a slow death that would take 13 times 13 ages. And drawing the first of his last thirteeh breaths, he cursed creation. His hatred became 12 sultanes, each of them a veritable lord and conquerer, to lay siege to creation. Whenever the watchful eyes of the Djinn were distracted, they were to steal from creation it's greatest treasures, until one day the Caliph may forge a shamshir from it, and drawing his last breath, cut creation into pieces." - old Babylonian fairytale 1800 BC.

"Doing as the instructions in the tome told me, I had drawn the circle of the gate, bearing the name sigil of [blackened] and the symbols of [blackened]. The moon stood in the house of [blackened], the polar star on the highest point. Seven candles of wax and[blackened] lit the room, filled with the smoke of burning [blackened]. I said the words, and the gate to the void opened. But it was not empty. Was it that the cosmos attracted the beings behind the stars light fire does a moth? Or was it that the unformed shadows merely took from through the illumination of my eyes, I did not know. Twelve thriving nations erected on the outer shell, as if the cosmos was a juicy peach, and these entities the soft fuzz. Or where they the flies, laying eggs that give birth to the maggots to drill holes into the world? Immediatly I understood. All the summonings that I had perfected over the years, I had come to the land these creatures hail from - would I be welcome here?" - Francis of Madrit, walker behind the stars.

"A place where power may mend your empty mind. But you will lose everything...once branded. The symbol of the pact. And augur of your end. Your past. Your future. Your very soul. None will have meaning, and you won't even care. By then, you'll be something other than human. A being of demonic powers beyond what you have asked for - but a puppet. In a walled of land beyond the stars, a great king built a great kingdom. I believe they called it...I can't remember. I am an old man, forgive me. But one day, your pact will lead you to it's rotten gates, and you will know fully well why. Because you can no longer go neither to heaven nor hell. Like a moth drawn to a flame, you were drawn to the power they had offered you - and the wings they have given you will burn - time and time again." - unknown source, on the nature of a pact with the uncreated.

You ask, what is the form of the uncreated? What is their flesh? Can you not distinguish them by their horns? Do they not have many arms? Is their blood not acid? What house to you build from disease? How heavy is the grind stone of the soul mill? I tell you however, the form that you associate with them is not. Because where you say they are, they are not. What we see, feel and smell is veil and and mantling. And where there is a will, there is a look behind the veil. Understand that it is sheer will, that calls the unformed into being, that greates a mold for the unformed chaos. A limitation of their form is just a limitation of your mind.
The priest sais: Sultanes there are 12, and each of them follow 12 kings, and each king follow 12 servants. The demonologists sais, their number is 365, as the days of the year, and the demon of the first day is weak, for it is the day of creation, and the demon of the last day is above the LORD, for it is the day of the end. I tell you, their number is so big, that the arabic numbers can not capture them, for in algebra there is no number big enough to pull it in for a description. That may be as all the uncreated that we have described are just categories of infinite chaos. But what is infinite times the infinite?
- metaspekulative demonology, unknown author, ca. 1600.

Summoners distinguish between 12 domains in the region of the void that they call "the fringe", from where beings with certain attributes can be summoned from, and from where through a pact, great powers can be attained. They are named after the entities that rule these domains. Their exact nature is unknown, though the comparison with demons are most commonly used to describe them.

Blakharaz, that summoners call Tyak'raman.

"As you enter the realm of Blakharaz, be certain that every law that you do not know will be written again in your own blood. Be prepared for pain and torture. Grow a third eye on your shoulder, for here everyone is in pursuit of everyone, damned to the eternal hunt for his own kind, perhaps even himself, that he yet can never bring to an end. The realm of the black man knows laws, and the signs of these laws are everywhere: A wheel of fire, unto which thieves are braided, beheaded philosophes that thought too much, judges in the form of a serpent and pig like lawyers, and stretching banks several miles in length, where criminals are not only bound, but formed into ropes to hang their own kind with. In the heart of his domain, you will find a fortress of insurmountable black flames, into which the souls of the damned are cast, feeding them eternaly. And Tyak'Raman is seated on a judges throne, holding the staff of a thousand eyes that can see into the deepest depths of your soul, to force you under his judgement. Not even a newborn can be pure enough for the black man not to find any stain."
- from a vision of a madman, 15th century, Denmark.

Blakharaz main aspects are domination, the will to rule, hatred, revenge, pain and pursuit. As the oldest and strongest of the sultanes, the other fear and follow him.
Like no other, he knows how to manipulate someones heart, be it through subtle means, or through sheer force, and as such, many cults follow him. His powers are laws, and the ability to rewrite them. It is said an entire city was razed when he passed a regional ban on oxygen. Most gods fear him for his ability that may be unique within the cosmos - to bend the laws enforced by the twilight.

Belhalhar, that summoners call Xarfai

"Belhalhars realm is slaughterhouse and battlefield, where severed body parts litter the ground like hay, to tear apart the damned that can not die, and must suffer each and every wound. From the eternal smoked filled sky come 5-headed birds to pick out your eyes, and from the waters that are burning oil come arms like serpents to make you their pray. And there is no place that knows not murder and slashing and maiming, for if you believe to have found rest, lighting will strike to burn you, or a rock will fall to grind you. And they will ridicule you for your cowardice. And in the center of the slaughter, in a lake of blood stands a tower of black iron reaching into the sky, the stronghold of Xarfai, ruling in all his glory in a room full of glowing weapons. And if you served him well in live, he will name you a Zant, which is a soldier, or a Shruuf, which is a centurion." - the Daimonicon, original copy, page 26.

Belhalhar lacks any and all sublety. He is carnage and mindless slaughter, and possibly the oldest of the uncreated that was selling his power for souls. Long before humanity ever had any interest in riches, there was always the rule of the strongest...Knowing neither friend nor foe in his bloodlust, Blak'haraz chained him down to do his bidding.

Charyptoroth, that summoners call Galk'Zuul

"In the deepest depth of the ocean lives the deep daugthter, for the black waters of the void reach all the way into this world. Everyday she gives birth to new serpents and monsters with many arms to fill the legions under the sea, in eternal fight against the elements. From black gold is her domain, in which her many armed smiths form weapons against those that dwell above. The heart of the domain is the maelstrom at the deepest depths, where poisonous eels are the nurses and living but undying food for her children. So you enter this realm, be prepared to never see the light again, and yet be drawn by it towards your doom." - the daimonicon, original copy, page 29.

Charyptoroths apsects encompass, well, water, and the darkness found beneath it.

Lolgrammoth, that summoners call Thezzphai

"No matter how long I searched beyond the stars, I did not find the domain of Thezzphai, However, in the corners of my eyes I saw many shadows, moving from one place to another, without home or rest. And whom I asked lied and betrayed me, if i did not force them. Truely I tell you, Thezzphai knows no home, yet is found everywhere, for no gate is closed to him" - Francis of Madrit, walker behind the stars.

Lolgrammoths aspect is movement, endless, restless movement. This also means the entire lack of loyalty, in fact, he is known to cause the exact opposite, driving families and friends apart, causing unrest and never ending solitude.

Targunitoth, that summoners call Tijakool

"There is always shrieking in the winds of Targunitoths domain, where the damned souls are at home. Night is eternal, and endless grey mist surrounds the cursed with the stink of death. Everywhere you can sense the silhouettes of the damned, trotting about in their bloated husks, for this is the only place where they will never die, which is forbidden to them in the world of the living. They brain is corroded and sunkedn into deep lunacy, and from the depths of darkness may occasionaly raise a nightmare to take them even deeper into the night. In the center of the domain stands the mausoleum of the night, homestead to the soul mill, where the souls of the damned are ground for an eon, to finaly arise from it as something entirely different. If you listen quietly, ever so quietly, there is no place in the void where the grinding of the heaviest of millstones can not be heared, a harsh reminder of your fate." - the daimonicon, edited version, page 40.

Targunitoth is the lady of undeath, the night, nightmares and possession. It is said that neither her servants nor herself can ever take a fleshly form, making them dependant on host bodies.

Amazeroth, that the summoners call Iribaar

"Amazeroth is his name, madness and and deception are his left and his right feet, but his hands are Qok'Maloth the witchcraft, and Xamanoth the forbidden knowledge. And the Hand Uridabash wields the staff and the hand Beel'Ymash the blade. And he holds the key to Gnap'Caor the compendium. And one tounge speaks true and one speaks false. And his eye is called Mhek'Thagor, and it's blind and yet sees everything. And it's the third tounge that speaks death." - the daimonicon, first edition, p.34

Amazeroth is the master of forbidden knowledge - you could say he is the ultimate information dealer - at a price. He knows the deepest secrets of magic, madness and things that may end the world. Oppenheimer was his latest "customer".

Belshirach, that summoners call Nagrach

"As in Blakharaz domain, the damned in Nagrachs realm know the curse of eternal pursuit, then see, always there is an arrow aimed at them, always a snare set for them, in a land that knows no safety and escape. Eternal ice reigns here, for it is the elemental power that Nagrach stole from Widarc'hal. Pure, eternal whitness blinds your eyes and frost creeps into your bones and your heart, hailstorms shatter the wanderers behind the stars and their remains are found everywhere, encased eternaly. No fortress calls Belshirach his home, all he knows is the back of his horse and his hunting party, hunting the damned, their bretheren, themselves." - the daimonicon, modern version, page 90

Belshirachs domain is simple, all it's aspects are explained above. It is said there is nothing that can escape the wild hunt.

Asfaloth, that summoners name Caljinaar.

"It's pointless to describe this domain, for as you find it today, you will not find it tomorrow. Where once the mountains of living, screaming flesh, and the beings of dead stone, there is now the skies of blood, and the above below for nothing remains in this world, where everything dies and is born again under pain." - Francis of Madrit, walker behind the stars.

Asfaloth embodies chaos, in every sense of the word. She once usede to be a creator-god - just like Shym'Caes - but losing her ability to create things on her own made her lose her mind. She would be by far the strongest of the sultanes, if she had the mental capacity to put her attention towards an actual goal. Thus nowadays, people mostly rely on her power to create chimeras and mutations, in a mockery of the act of creating life.

Zholvar, that summoners call Tasfarelel.

"Golden splendour is the sign of Zholvars halls, which are built in it's entirety from stolen treasures, designed by damned dwarves in unending maginfiscence. You however are nothing and own nothing, you are the thief who was robbed, the traitor who was betrayed, the liar who was scammed. Tasfarelels citadel does not have to fear comparison to the palaces of the gods, made entirely of diamonds and mirrorclear crystal, with windows of bloodred ruby and towers of finest jade. On a throne made from a single sapphire sits Tasfarelel the dragon that is only a mouth, and he may be very generous, should your offer please him. If not, he may turn you into a statue of pure gold or the whitest marble, and give you a place in his treasury, which stretches into dimensions that no unit of length can be drawn for a description." - heared from a cult leader of Zholvar.

Zholvar, the incarnation of greed. He knows what you want, and how to get it, and in the end, he wants it all and gets it all.

Bhelzorash, that summoners call Mishkara

"There is a swarming, seething chaos in Mishkaras swamp. Lives only exists in it's most abomidable form, in the lakes of acid and the trees of puss under the rain of brine. And no plant stays plant, and no mountain stays mountain in the heart of this domain, where she lies like a queen of termites, laying eggs that are skulls that hatch nothing but death and pestilence, and she watches the chaos with her manyfold eyes and smiles." - Unknown source

Bhelzorash is the bringer of pestilence and decay, simple as that. While being relatively weak, one should avoid combat at all costs - unless you are immune against highly accelerated ebola.

Agrimoth, that summoners call Widarc'hal

"The wild Magrhamak lies under endless stormy skies, in searing ash and fire rains, between endless black thornwoods and black earth, where there is not ice, not water not steam - this world is eternaly dry. The earth is cursed as is the wind, that is never less than a hurricane, and the fire that does not bring warmth, only burning pain, and the metal that can only be formed into death. And the heart of the domain, the splintered mountain is not majesty but nightmare, that wanders the earth, sundering it apart with each step. And the highest peaks lead to Nagrach, as the farthest reaches of the dry beaches will lead you to Charyptoroth, his eternal enemies for their theft." - the daimonicon, original edition, page 67.

Agrimoth rules over the elements fire, air, earth and wood. He is a natural catastrophe, the forces of nature unleashed. None of his servants are less than a disaster.

Belkelel, that summoners call Dar'Klajid

"Not a hint of life can be found in Dar'Klajids domain, yet in the towers that betray every law of nature and architecture, there is movement manifold. The damned toil in their clockwork bodies, working on constructs and tools that turn against viewer, visitor and user. And the will of the spoiler of the craft brings movement where there is no life, life where there is no warmth, breath where there is no breath, and the rocks rise and walk to earth. Connected to tubes and wires, cogs and levers is the unliving machinery that is called Belkelel, and it knows not sleep and it knows not rest." -Francis of Madrit, walker behind the stars.

Belkelel's aspect encompass putting things to life that are not life. Golems, gargyles, constructs, robots, all brought to movement through malicious intent alone. Like the beings of Targunitoth, Belkelel and her servants can not take fleshly form - relying on host constructs. Through the age of automatisation, Belkelel made a huge leap in power, because if robots are anything, they are easy to move around. Where a robot has proper joints, and servos to move them, making the amount of force needed to move them negliable, a golem has...well...rock?

estimated power levels:

beyond the gods:
Blak'Haraz, Belhalhar(unchained), Agrimoth(should the elements be overcome), Belkelel(though highly dependant on host construct)

on par with gods:
Agrimoth, Charyptoroth(should water be overcome), Belshirach(should ice be overcome), Belhalhar, Asfaloth

on par with arch-angels:
Charyptoroth, Belshirach, Lolgrammoth, Targunitoth(though dependant on host body)

still above any mortal:
Amazeroth, Belzhorash, Zholvar
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:27:06 am by Akroma »

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: July 15, 2014, 07:27:58 am »

((Sorry, was cleaning around the house.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: July 15, 2014, 07:29:50 am »

cleaning the house at 5 am? okay...

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: July 15, 2014, 07:36:06 am »

Eh, it was messy and my mom stresses a lot. Thought I'd do something nice and clean as much as I could so she didn't have to.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: July 15, 2014, 08:08:51 am »

Fuck, so Azzy was the weaker one.

Guys, Lolgrammoth is going to be a pain in the ass. I imagine that his SPEED is uber high.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: July 15, 2014, 08:25:36 am »

Debuffs for days.

Also, why do I think this will end in a slapfight between Not!Ashley and Ashley?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 685