Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 475544 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Cado And Math Return!
« Reply #4215 on: August 04, 2014, 11:51:16 pm »

Empiricist, spoil one more thing and I'll beat the crap out of you, IRL and/or IC.

I put all this effort into semi-foreshadowing, and you have to go and ruin it  :'(

good luck with frontal assault, lel
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 11:54:12 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: August 04, 2014, 11:53:18 pm »

I kind of want the thing with Murder Night to go down like a mission in Payday.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: August 05, 2014, 12:00:03 am »

Artillery=a giant sign on the top of a nearby mountain with the words 'FUCK OFF BRO'.

Later you realize the mountain was a gigantic mortar.

Question for reference and ideastorming: What is Kaiser's current relationships status? It seems like it's tentative/breaking with Daliah.

Kaotaro's going to have at least twice as many issues as she did before, with this new shit added to the mix.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: August 05, 2014, 12:24:06 am »

Well, to sum up that relationship:
"It's complicated, okay?

Although it feels like a bit of a tsundere-off to me.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: August 05, 2014, 12:25:17 am »

Is it really spoiling if all I'm doing is speculation? After all, I may be right, I may be wrong and seeing as I have no idea about Murder Night aside from what has been given IC, it isn't so much spoiling as much as it's OOC analysis. After all, I may be nowhere close and those joking threats are just there as red herrings.

Still, she must have a lot of important guests if the spare rooms occupy nearly as much space as the main palace. Plus it's quite interesting that her soldiers don't mind her living in a palace, that normally would affect loyalty a bit, sleeping in the barracks, working in the defenses, knowing your commander has an entire palace.

Though I must say, what is far more interesting is that, in terms of being better defended, being closer to the escape route, being able to inspect the soldiers more easily, being able to ensure that food isn't being spiked, having efficient communication lines, being protected from airstrikes, and, having quick, easy access to the rather impressive sounding black archives which seem to also occupy the center of the summoning circle, assuming the hexagram-like design does indeed signify one, I would rather be a servant in that fortress than an empress.

The servant's room is surrounded by barracks, right ontop of the escape route, next to the barracks and kitchen, is more centralized than the throne room, has four sections above to protect from airstrikes and when one enters the black archives from it, they would be right in the center of the possible summoning circle.

Of course, that could all be what she wants one to think, so that people actually check the servants room and waste their time. After all, in some cases, being in the center of a circle is good, in others, bad. There is also no guarantee that this is indeed the true compound, illusion magic and whatnot do exist after all and either way, be it in the servants room or the throne room, the commander is likely to be in the center, the most protected area. The area near the center of the circle. Yet, what if she isn't there? What if this great and mighty Murder Night has left her palace unattended? Maybe the giant hexagram is for binding, but binding what? What is in the center? But what is in the center? Demons? Angels? Spirits? Or perhaps a well-known, rather powerful group of veterans who have just happened to have fought their way in as retaliation for some silly little strike that came out of the blue with no chance of succeeding?

Tell me, if this Murder Night is so powerful, why does she need to hide? If she is her organization's most powerful military asset and seeks to conquer, who better to do it than oneself?

Tell me, if Maria's house posses a godly antimagic field WHY DID THE LITTLE GIRL MAGICALLY REGENERATE SO QUICKLY? I don't remember making an Wall Street healing spells. I don't remember Fate having anything that saves life from death. I don't remember her summoning a persona.

Tell me, HOW DOES A SPIRIT POSSESS SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ANTIMAGIC FIELD?

Tell me, doesn't Murder Night have a spirit companion? Kind of like that little girl?

Tell me, who would have the confidence to just saunter into one of the most heavily defended households in the planet, incorrectly deploy three combat units incompetently and expect to win?

Tell me, how can you trust the prisoners so easily?

Tell me, why would a warlord busy conquering Africa randomly aggravate people who are neutral in the conflict?

Tell me, has anyone actually seen Murder Night? Does anyone even know what she looks like? How old? How young?

Tell me, isn't it a little convenient that the scouts know so much? I mean, you'd think someone like Murder Night would be more cautious.

Tell me, why would scouts even be needed? Half the damn world knows who lives there, it is abundantly clear what defenses it has and aren't scouts meant to, you know, scout? They barged in. They shot someone. They deployed constructs. What sort of scout does that? What sort of new intel would be gained? If a string of assassins could be sent, wouldn't they already have been without the need for that horrible excuse for reconnaissance?

Tell me, why did they take the job if they knew Murder Night already prepared so much for their failure?

Tell me, why did they take the job if the risks were so apparent?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: August 05, 2014, 12:35:11 am »

Tell me, if this Murder Night is so powerful, why does she need to hide? If she is her organization's most powerful military asset and seeks to conquer, who better to do it than oneself? {There's always someone more powerful, and always the chance someone gets lucky.}

Tell me, if Maria's house posses a godly antimagic field WHY DID THE LITTLE GIRL MAGICALLY REGENERATE SO QUICKLY? I don't remember making an Wall Street healing spells. I don't remember Fate having anything that saves life from death. I don't remember her summoning a persona. {Magical girl regeneration is more powerful than gods. It's powered by teenage angst, you see.}

Tell me, HOW DOES A SPIRIT POSSESS SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ANTIMAGIC FIELD? {It was a purely physical possession. There was no deeper relationship between them. A one-night stand, if you will.}

Tell me, doesn't Murder Night have a spirit companion? Kind of like that little girl? {I 'unno}

Tell me, who would have the confidence to just saunter into one of the most heavily defended households in the planet, incorrectly deploy three combat units incompetently and expect to win? {Golgo. But he would win.}

Tell me, how can you trust the prisoners so easily? {They have really good Sense Motive bonuses/Zone of Truth}

Tell me, why would a warlord busy conquering Africa randomly aggravate people who are neutral in the conflict? {Because warlords tend to be less than sane.}

Tell me, has anyone actually seen Murder Night? Does anyone even know what she looks like? How old? How young? {The answer to the last two questions in aggregate is: yes}

Tell me, isn't it a little convenient that the scouts know so much? I mean, you'd think someone like Murder Night would be more cautious. {Apparently she's a cowardly idiot.}

Tell me, why would scouts even be needed? Half the damn world knows who lives there, it is abundantly clear what defenses it has and aren't scouts meant to, you know, scout? They barged in. They shot someone. They deployed constructs. What sort of scout does that? What sort of new intel would be gained? If a string of assassins could be sent, wouldn't they already have been without the need for that horrible excuse for reconnaissance? {Why would half the world know that, and what good are defenses if they're all in plain sight? Particularly in worlds with magic and hyper-tech?}

Tell me, why did they take the job if they knew Murder Night already prepared so much for their failure? {Idiots. Idiots everywhere.}

Tell me, why did they take the job if the risks were so apparent? {Because that's what mercenaries do?}
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: August 05, 2014, 12:38:43 am »

Speculation is all good and fun, but people tend to meta-game with it, and I hate running something that's already been predicted.

Tell me, why would a warlord busy conquering Africa randomly aggravate people who are neutral in the conflict?

SERT has framed Akroma, Alice, Kaiser and Stella for killing off loads of her generals, after the PCs took out one of Murder Night's facilities in return for the ICARUS-05. Cheeky bastards.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: August 05, 2014, 12:43:58 am »

Speculation is all good and fun, but people tend to meta-game with it, and I hate running something that's already been predicted.
Yeah, that's why I'm trying to make my speculating more varied and shotgun-like, so that it won't have as much of an effect since it just sprays a myriad of possibilities.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: August 05, 2014, 12:46:43 am »

The original plot was extremely convoluted, and now with the sultanes joining in it's gotten even worse. This will be fun~
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: August 05, 2014, 12:56:56 am »

Gonna have to continue this in the morning or somethin', sorry. Gettin' late over here, for me at least.

I'm kinda waiting for something to scare her enough that her defenses go into automatic.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: August 05, 2014, 01:02:02 am »

CORE will not take too lightly to her blabbing information that shouldn't ever be revealed, so you'll get your moment.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: August 05, 2014, 04:16:43 am »

Just for the sake of more wild speculation on summoning circles:

Do they have to be drawn/carved, or can they be made as protrusions from something?
Do they have to be made of the same thing? Or can parts be engravings and other parts drawn?
Does the entity being summoned have to be able to fit within the summoning circle?
Does the entity being summoned have to be summoned in the summoning circle?
What effects does increasing mana input into a summoning circle do?
Are they affinity-locked? Or can any realm's power be used to run one?
Can a summoning circle still function if its form is being reshaped by another magic circle?
What happens if multiple copies of the same summoning circle are stacked and used at the same time?
Is velocity preserved? If something was moving at high speeds summoned, would it still be moving at high speeds?
What phenomena would indicate the presence of a summoning circle?
Does the circle have to be complete when used? Or could it have been broken to pieces?
Does the circle have to be complete when prepared? Or could it have been prepared as fragments that are placed together when they need to be used?
Can an entity summon itself via summoning circle if it had a unique summoning circle?
Does the size of the circle account for anything?
How does an entity get a unique summoning circle?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 04:23:53 am by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: August 05, 2014, 04:24:12 am »

Well, to sum up that relationship:
"It's complicated, okay?

Although it feels like a bit of a tsundere-off to me.
TSUNDERE-OFF
WHERE

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: August 05, 2014, 04:26:27 am »

Hey Elf, is the Ars Goetia's note about summoners having to be very careful about Marquis Andras' containment measures lest he break free and brutally murder them along with all their associates accurate? Also, I presume that his role as an officer is specialized in taking out organized crime, considering his ability?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: August 05, 2014, 04:27:14 am »

A. Nope.
B. Yes.
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 685