Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 475509 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Cado And Math Return!
« Reply #4245 on: August 05, 2014, 10:16:07 am »

Hnnng, Skywrath Mage is so gooood
Hard countered by Anti-Mage Mid game.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: August 05, 2014, 10:21:44 am »

Since I am apparently one of the expertscon magic circles, I figure that I might as well answer this.

Just for the sake of more wild speculation on summoning circles:

Do they have to be drawn/carved, or can they be made as protrusions from something? Protrusions work perfectly fine for a magic circle.
Do they have to be made of the same thing? Or can parts be engravings and other parts drawn? Technically they can be made out of different materials, but it's usually too much effort, since you'd have to made a more complex magic circle to accomindate the change in materials. So unless your circle is very simple or you have a ton of space/time to make it, it is generally not worth the effort.
Does the entity being summoned have to be able to fit within the summoning circle? No. The circle is just a conduit for magic power. As long as it works its size relative to the entity doesn't matter.
Does the entity being summoned have to be summoned in the summoning circle? Nope. But the complexity increases by a lot if you try to do that. And anti-magic fields and similar things at the destination can stop your circle from working.
What effects does increasing mana input into a summoning circle do? Nothing, unless you designed the circle to accept and use extra mana input. Though changing a summoning circle to accept more mana seems rather silly, unlesd you're trying to overpower wards/anti-magic fields/whatever. A stronger summoning circle doesn't givr you better results if you're summoning a specific entity.
Are they affinity-locked? Or can any realm's power be used to run one? I'm going to say no, different realms can make/operate different circles. But that's probably something for everyone to talk about. Though a circle designed for Creation magic will never run on Void magic, if that is what you're asking.
Can a summoning circle still function if its form is being reshaped by another magic circle? No. Once a circle is broken it doesn't work anymore. Or at least doesn't work properly.
What happens if multiple copies of the same summoning circle are stacked and used at the same time? I'm going to need a clearer example to answer this. Are they stacked on top of each other or what?
Is velocity preserved? If something was moving at high speeds summoned, would it still be moving at high speeds? Velocity is definitely not preserved in a normal summoning circle, though nothing stops you from altering one to preserve it. A summoned creature usually has the same velocity as the circle that summoned it. At least for the instant when it appeared.
What phenomena would indicate the presence of a summoning circle? The same as any other magic circle. Which is to say you'd need a magic detector to find it.
Does the circle have to be complete when used? Or could it have been broken to pieces?
Does the circle have to be complete when prepared? Or could it have been prepared as fragments that are placed together when they need to be used? I thought I already answered this. The circle must be complete when it is used. What happened to its individual parts beforehand is largely irrelevant. So a modular circle or one made out of prepared pieces is entirely possible.
Can an entity summon itself via summoning circle if it had a unique summoning circle? Yeah. After all, a summoning circle is basically just a teleporter that can find its target anywhere in the universe.
Does the size of the circle account for anything? Not really, but it's obviously easier if you make a circle in dimensions that are comfortable for you.
How does an entity get a unique summoning circle? No clue. There's probably some spell or test to figure this kind of thing out however.

Also, Rolepgeek, it's definitely Dalia without the h. Dalia and Daliah are both proper names, though obviously one is more common/popular than the other.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: August 05, 2014, 10:47:52 am »

((a shame anti-mage spends midgame in the jungle punching creeps for money, usualy for an extended period of time, to make up for all the money he lost from feeding first blood to sjywrath mage))

the way the GM describes the attacks is up to him, problem is if you go into detail, you are also eventually forced into realism. I for one do not care at all for any sword vs halberd vs gatling gun debates in ooc, extended the combat speed to a turn per week
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: August 05, 2014, 05:19:56 pm »

So, looked over GWG's sheet for murder night.

UNLEASH THE NERF GUNS
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: August 05, 2014, 05:23:59 pm »

can we see the old sheets?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC
« Reply #4250 on: August 05, 2014, 05:26:11 pm »

That's what you get for challenging a fire spirit to a drinking contest?
Wouldn't it more logically matter for an eating contest? I'd think the drinking contest would be bad for the fire spirit...

I've considered things, and decided that someone would get the bright idea of attacking Murder Night directly if I started a plotline around harassing her empire. So, I might as well stat her out and solidify why she's the scariest warlord in the world.

Spoiler: The Shadow Spirit (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Power Modifier (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Murder Night's Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Murder Night's Powers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Summary (click to show/hide)
TL;DR: She's a highly flexible glass cannon with a bunch of useful abilities, including immortality, regeneration, and a truly absurd level of mana regen.
Of course, this is all assuming that the Shadow Spirit doesn't personally intervene. Unlikely...but possible.

(Code word: Moordnag)

Still in GURPS. Many tears.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: August 05, 2014, 05:30:24 pm »

soo...Rubik?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: August 05, 2014, 05:57:46 pm »

Sounds like Rubick, combined with Death Prophet in a way.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: August 05, 2014, 07:37:22 pm »

What happens if multiple copies of the same summoning circle are stacked and used at the same time? I'm going to need a clearer example to answer this. Are they stacked on top of each other or what?
Nevermind, the other answers already removed the chances of that question having any interesting answer.

Did GWG stat up the Spirit? Or is it not meant to be fought?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: August 05, 2014, 08:03:21 pm »

Not telling!  :D
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: August 05, 2014, 08:56:48 pm »

If Sen gets the chance, She's going to steal it's knowledge and it's soul.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: August 05, 2014, 09:25:54 pm »

Well, it is kind of a demon (by definition), so does it even have a soul? I don't know these things.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: August 05, 2014, 09:35:06 pm »

Well, it is kind of a demon (by definition), so does it even have a soul? I don't know these things.
Most things and most demons have a soul. However, as stated by Abraxas, sentience and sapience do not require a soul. Also, some entities have something similar but still functionally different to a soul.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: August 05, 2014, 10:09:09 pm »

RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: August 05, 2014, 10:16:40 pm »

If I recall correctly, things like microbes, viruses and whatnot have no souls due to not really needing or caring about them. Also, Wall Street Entities lack true souls due to having an incredibly weak sense of identity and psyches that change more readily. Fate Aspects vary, the ones that once had souls now just have prophecies of their new soul which have yet to exist, most do not (since a lot of them wouldn't even be alive by human standards).
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 685