Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 480237 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #4575 on: August 09, 2014, 11:05:38 am »

fhyli
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 01:47:45 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: August 09, 2014, 11:08:34 am »

I'll just add it and see how smurf sees it
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: August 09, 2014, 11:25:21 am »

Walpurga Winterwald (alpha name?)

Backstory: A high ranking member of the occult thule organisation since 1915, Walpurga knew a different Hitler. Hitler the occultist and magus, who rose through the ranks of politics with the helps of arcane arts. Sadly, being a good mage does not make you a good strategist, so Hitler instead relied on Walpurga to bring him the lance of Longinus, until the bitter end. After finding that the arc of the covenant was indead just a box in which stone tablets were stored, a sacred relic, but ultimately mundane, and quickly being able to dismiss the christian version of the story of the lance of Longinus a lie, Walpurga soon stumbled upon legends of a so called god-killing-spear that went far beyond anything the bible would dare to write. To be able to reach it, she'd need a certain artifact, entombed in the ice of antarctica, or so certain contacts from "the great emptiness" had told her. Needless to say, the reality rewriting properties of the Nexus serpents let her spend the last few decades as a teddy bear made nof seagrass. Alucards recent...well, fuck-ups led to the end of the nexus serpent, returning Walpurga to her form. Being of sharp mind and resilient, she is now quick on the uptake on what she had missed.

Exp: 460

Stats: 116/116
Hea:  11 (+1) [36]
Man:  17 (+1) [36]
Spe:  15 (+1)
Skl:  15 (+1)
Str:   5 (+5)
Mag:  24 (+1+2)
Def:  14 (+3)
Res:  14 (+3)

Perk: Übermensch +1 to all rolls, also +1 to health and mana. It's in the genes guys.
Level-5-Perk: Hidden.

Equipment: Luger-08 +4 to damage
                ESP-meter, measures various sources of magic with a satisfying whuuuuuu
                Experimentalwaffe A-39: Gottes Hand. Gloves woven with various magical metals and leather from magical creatures, covered in nordic runes +2 to magic rolls

Bombs:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ability: Telekinesis, moving matter with ones mind. Requires initial vision on the object to be moved to get a grip on it, afterwards can be moved even without vision as long as concentration is
           maintained. Obviously if you don't see where you are moving it, accuracy becomes more or less guesswork.

Example acts:

Neglieable: Move objects approximately the size and weight of an apple, Telekinetic punches, tripping etc.

Minor: Move objects approximately the size and weight of a human, weaker grapples (speed and skill debuffs, scaling pending), small AoE shockwaves to throw people back (damage like negliable, possibly problems related to being thrown across the room), raising people into the air and dropping them, moving yourself in a flight-like manner for a short time, telekinetic shield (+2 damage reduction, 2 mana on activation, then 1 mana upkeep), telekinetic shotgun (more or less accelerating a handfull of gravel), fine manipulation that requires concentration.

Medium: move objects approximately the size and weight of a motorcycle, immobilisation of targets that rely on moving their limbs across a surface to move (by lifting them off that surface and more or less pinning them there), stronger shockwaves, stronger shield (+3, 4 mana start, then 1 upkeep), compression (for choking, possibly breaking ribs, etc). Same as above on 2 targets.

major: move objects approximately the size and weight of a car, even stronger shockwaves, even stronger shield (+5, 6 start, 2 upkeep), twisting motions (major damage, long lasting debuffs for almost guaranteed dislocated and broken joints, same as above on 2 targets, above above 3 targets. Drawback, take 1d3 damage, nosebleed.

enormous: move objects approximately the size and weight of a bus, yet stronger shockwaves, yet stronger shield (+7, 4 start, 2 upkeep), drawing and quartering (grab someone by the limbs, move them all in different motions. if damage is high enough, GM may decide on the actual result, guaranteed enormous damage (well, if the dice play along) and debuffs from fucked up extremities. Same as above on 2, above above 3, above above 4 targets etc. Large drawback: Immobile until next action.

even bigger: etc etc

if Walpurga has a good idea where something is, but can not see it, spell is raised two categories, if she is not even sure what she is doing, 4 categories
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:33:01 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: August 09, 2014, 02:27:36 pm »

+1 to all rolls is effectively +2 to all stats, in terms of the average roll.

However, I dislike the implications being put forth by the name of the perk and whatnot. *narrows eyes*

Also the fact that Kaotaro may find it difficult not to kill her. So would Spensir, though Mabarius wouldn't care as much as you might think. Leth would just find her annoying, on the other hand.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: August 09, 2014, 03:02:09 pm »

Bartimaeus will love her.

Alucard has someone to relate to, back in the times where he was called a genocidal nazi occultist.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: August 09, 2014, 03:10:25 pm »

Anima's going to hate her because reasons, Albrecht won't give a crap and anyway he looks pretty much like the perfect Aryan specimen, and [redacted].

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: August 09, 2014, 03:21:40 pm »

[redacted].

* Twi just finished an SCP marathon.

I'M ONTO YOU

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: August 09, 2014, 03:27:55 pm »

Rag has the 682 character, not me.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: August 09, 2014, 03:38:45 pm »

Depending on how vocal she is, Stella will have issues, neo-nazis were a thing that had to be dealt with back in her own world
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: August 09, 2014, 03:49:15 pm »

I think I'm going to make a 'normal'sword magic girl on my trip to California. She'll seek apprintecship with Maria and she'll speak Japense.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: August 09, 2014, 03:56:27 pm »

I'm pretty sure Alice will extremely dislike her as well

That sounds like quite a cool idea KJ
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: August 09, 2014, 03:59:26 pm »

She'll also read brail. Because it's surprisingly easy apparently.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: August 09, 2014, 04:02:52 pm »

Walpurga Winterwald (alpha name?)

Backstory: Work in progress, something involving the thule organisation, finding a super weapon for the endsieg and consequently getting frozen one way or another. Either that or moon-nazis (may or may not involve mahjong). May contain Hitler being a grand mage.

Stats: 100/100
Hea:  11 (+1) [36]
Man:  12 (+1) [26]
Spe:  15 (+1)
Skl:  15 (+1)
Str:   5 (+1+4)
Mag:  18 (+1+2)
Def:  12 (+1)
Res:  12 (+1)

Perk: Übermensch +1 to all rolls, also +1 to health and mana. It's in the genes guys.

Equipment: Luger-08 +4 to damage
                ESP-meter, measures various sources of magic with a satisfying whuuuuuu
                Experimentalwaffe A-39: Gottes Hand. Gloves woven with various magical metals and leather from magical creatures, covered in nordic runes +2 to magic rolls

Ability: Telekinesis, moving matter with ones mind. Requires initial vision on the object to be moved to get a grip on it, afterwards can be moved even without vision as long as concentration is
           maintained. Obviously if you don't see where you are moving it, accuracy becomes more or less guesswork.

Example acts: Work in progress

I'D like to see how powerful her telekinesis is before I can approve. Also, the +1 all stats seems fair to me.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: August 09, 2014, 04:16:00 pm »

Smurf, it's +1 to all rolls and +1 to Health and Mana, not just +1 to stats.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: August 09, 2014, 04:31:27 pm »

Oh, that's pretty powerful...but I'll allow it, because Nazi-Chan.

Also, how is that playtesting going?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 04:56:50 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 685