Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fatherless dwarven child, other weird dwarven children in Masterwork  (Read 945 times)

irrationalmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First things first, this is in Masterwork mod, dwarf mode. I started my game at year 50, it is year 55.

I just happened to be looking at one of my leeches dwarven children and noticed that Rovod Udilrinal only has a mother listed under the relationships tab. He does have an older sister who also only has a mother listed. (I have found two more kids of single moms, and a child of a single dad, all 4 of them were not born in my fort.

Are single moms a new thing here? I mean, that's not a problem, but it is highly suspicious.

While trying to remember which child I was looking for, I noticed another weird child, Gamlatbecor ("Spewtemptations"), who apparently does not have a 2 part name like the majority of the members of my fort, though finding another one (a mason named Zardumed "Outrageousfortification" which is an AWESOME name) has not reassured me much. (And another one, Butcher, Zuglarzoden "Shiphoused".)

The kid's parents have normal names and so does his older brother. He is 3 years old. He is a legionnaire in his thoughts and preferences. He has not claimed a room for himself but his parents have and he sleeps there.

The Mason is married and has TEN kids. He is one of those weird dwarves appearing to be born before the world was created (my world is 55 years old, he has the appearance of someone 102 years old). He is a marksman in his thoughts and preferences. The mason has claimed a room for himself. NONE of his 10 kids or his wife are in my fort (this is really suspect).

The butcher is *not* married, and only has passing acquaintances. He has not claimed a room or property for himself. He is 38. He is also unquestionably weak (lol).

None of these single named dwarves have anything in common, aside from the fact that they don't have "last names" or whatever.

Is this normal? I mean, the kid not having a dad, is unexpected enough, but the one name dwarves have me REALLY paranoid. There is so much that can go fun in a fort, and I'm suspicious of these 4 dwarves. Suspicious enough that I might just decide to bury them and move on.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this? What happened with the odd dwarves?

irrationalmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fatherless dwarven child, other weird dwarven children in Masterwork
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 12:43:47 am »

Just checked all the suspicious dwarves in therapist and their names all match. Still not sure what is going on here.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fatherless dwarven child, other weird dwarven children in Masterwork
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 03:12:24 am »

I've seen one named dwarfs occasionally, they have never been a problem.  I figure they are just pretentious (or artistes), they think they are Cher or Prince...

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.