Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Things that will NOT make me buy your Alpha Game  (Read 14192 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that will NOT make me buy your Alpha Game
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2014, 06:14:30 pm »

20mil number includes forced starvation. Knowing no context of this conversation, how did we get to this point?

Things that will NOT make me buy your Alpha Game:
  • DF is being updated

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2014, 06:32:37 pm »

20mil number includes forced starvation.
Uh, what forced starvation, exactly? If you're referring to the Holodomor, it was not an intentional policy, as shown by the Soviet government actually providing famine relief. It could in no way account for that number anyway, since "only" about 4 million people died. For comparison, the Bengal famine in British India killed ca. 3 million.

I realize this isn't the thread for this, but I'm tired of people confusing ignorance/propaganda for historical truth.
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2014, 06:59:30 pm »

Uh, what forced starvation, exactly? If you're referring to the Holodomor, it was not an intentional policy, as shown by the Soviet government actually providing famine relief. It could in no way account for that number anyway, since "only" about 4 million people died. For comparison, the Bengal famine in British India killed ca. 3 million.
I realize this isn't the thread for this, but I'm tired of people confusing ignorance/propaganda for historical truth.
Right, because Stalin, a man renowned for his humanitarian efforts and in no way known for his totalitarianism and easy use of anything from secret police to mass starvation as a weapon to destroy nationalism did not premeditate any famines from his position of power at all. Oh they sent aid, how thoughtful of them as they exported all of Ukraine's grain.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I mean with the Holodomor you'd have to be nuts to say it was an unintentional famine when Stalin had been deporting and killing millions of Ukrainian farmers well before that and during the actual Holodomor the hungry were refused to leave and were denied their own grain. The East India company caused the Bengal famine through avarice and the pursuit of profit, Stalin wanted to break the Ukrainians. You talk of ignorance and propaganda whilst supporting Josef Stalin with soviet propaganda. Confusing.

Should we make a new thread for this? I wouldn't know what to call it as I don't really have much context on it, but three posts is a party that can derail a thread off to the forced labour camps.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2014, 07:12:07 pm »

pls no

the shitstorm would be bigger than ukraine thread
._.

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2014, 01:53:12 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2014, 02:28:43 am »

This thread has a very steep derail curve.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2014, 07:17:40 am »

pls no

the shitstorm would be bigger than ukraine thread
Ha, yeah that's true.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile