Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventures in hybrid modding.  (Read 1468 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Adventures in hybrid modding.
« on: June 08, 2014, 03:46:20 pm »

Thought I'd share my story of playing a whole bunch of mods at once.

The world was a island, inhabited by kobolds, fire imps,glassmen, and various tribes of animal men.There was also a isolated island of beer barrel men. My outsider dalek adventurer started his career wielding a quickly abandoned atgeir and copper training dagger in a village of kobolds, and was immediately attacked by one. I exterminated it, then exited the village, in search of creatures that could tell me about things worth fighting.

On the way, I found many ruined towns, and killed various animals and some eldjotunn (norse fire giants) bandits. Finally, I found a (barely) surviving town and learned about my surrounding area from an albatross man merchant. I decided to go after a nearby camp, which turned out to be inhabited by a tribe of eldjotunns who, like every other enemy, as I was to discover, used Mario taunts,After a long battle, the chief dodging and blocking my shots for a while before being dropped by a headshot from the side, they were all killed, but an axe wielding eldjotunn severed my plunger. I couldn't even find it after the battle.

I moved on, eventually battling a tribe of glassmen bandits. The sand exploding out of them from my gunstick shots was fairly impressive to watch. Intrigued by the exploding sand people, I visited the local fortress, finding it inhabited by a mix of glassmen and sand tortoise men. I broke into a tomb, confident I could I take the undead. Unfortunately for me, although I severed all its limbs, I could not kill the mummy, a dwarf general who had been killed in year 3 by an elephant. When I retreated from the tomb, it seemed to disappear when it went into the light, so I went back and finished off the remaining skeletons.

Heading to the next bandit camp, I was attacked by more glass bandits, followed by more satisfying  sand explosions, starting with their leaders head. A swarm of dingoes and acheroraptors appeared, which slaughtered the bandits and gave me trouble finishing them all off. I then met a group of fire imps, having circled the island almost completely, and attempted to kill off some more fire giants, but then reconsidered and retired, as my missing plunger was getting annoying.
Mods used
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mod links.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 07:06:09 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures in hybrid modding.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 04:35:13 pm »

Add in MLP mods for additional fun. Nothing makes crazy overmodded worlds better then ponies.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 07:03:44 pm »

Probably going to get to adding those eventually, currently working on superheroes, Cthulhu, and the modern mod.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 07:41:47 pm »

PTW for Blood for Armok.

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 08:09:53 pm »

This was epic! Just epic. I imagine this is what a dwarf sees when they go insane.
We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.