Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Multiple Timeline Succession ("Sculptedpaddle")  (Read 8805 times)

Gorgulak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Timeline Succession ("Sculptedpaddle")
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 04:55:12 pm »

Here we are:
Zon Rakustostar, Miner (Adequate Miner and Axedwarf)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urvad Sodellotol, Woodcutter (Adequate Axedwarf, Brewer, Fisherdwarf)

Urvad Kolzithis, Mason (Competent Mason, Adequate Woodcutter, Brewer, and Grower)

Dodok Berulkeskal, Mason (Adequate Axedwarf, Mason, and Building Designer)

Doren Zonil, Miner (Adept Miner)

Tulon Cerolom, Carpenter (Competent Carpenter, Adequate Animal Trainer, Adequate Trapper)

Me: 'Gorgulak Oltrathser, expedition leader (Adequate Biter, Woodcutter, and Negotiater)

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 05:38:26 pm »

Cool! Can I have Dodok "Escondida" Berulkeskal, profession "Feng Shui Consultant" (since she's an architect and mason and axedwarf...)?

Gorgulak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 05:56:14 pm »

heh, absolutely.  nice title, I was mulling over 'godking' for me.

Gorgulak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 06:42:51 pm »

20th of Felsite
Beginning work on the well and farm.  I'm going to tap into the river and knock them both out at once.  Time is crucial, the days past fast.

A flock of storks majestically fly by as I'm writing.

Hematite
I feel foolish for not having noticed this before.  The river from afar looks like it just goes on into the distance but as you walk up to it the river suddenly plummets a great distance leaving a river shaped hole in the land.

[9 z-levels later !]

Gorgulak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2014, 06:48:28 pm »

I've never seen anything like this in dwarf fortress.  I don't have enough time but if someone has that isometric viewer for dwarf fortress I'd like to see what it looks like.

Not sure what to do with it.  My first thought was to drop goblins off of it, but that doesn't seem like the most fruitful use of it.  I was also thinking about some kind of megastructure that strings bridges above the river.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2014, 07:49:48 pm »

A waterfall in a stream? That's really cool, because it (hopefully) means dorfs won't be swept over the edge, since they can walk on top of the special stream tile!

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2014, 07:52:05 pm »

Cool idea. I'll take a turn.

Gorgulak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2014, 09:53:22 pm »

10th of Malachite
I forgot to mention there is loads of different minerals here.

Its difficult to be a hard-hearted dwarf here:
(Storks flying majestically over the river.)

(An eagle at the bottom of the waterfall before shooting back up to ground level)

*Although I have laid many cage traps in hopes of starting some sort of eagle/reindeer/chinchilla army/feast.

17th of Malachite
6 migrants have arrived.  I'm still trying to get a feel for them.  I think this will give you a good idea: one of them on arrival to our idyllic paradise immediately got out a crossbow and began shooting a peregrine falcon, he's a terrible shot, or possibly sadistic.  He struck it in the leg and took a few more shots before, I don't know, getting bored?  Walked off leaving the falcon injured trying to take flight but only managing to get 10 ft. into the air before crashing to the ground.  The dwarf after sometime of this, came wandering back and hit it through the chest, killing it and leaving blood to trickle into the river. 
He later would tell me his profession is Clerk. His name is Stinthad.

Update: Stinthad just killed a mountain goat.
He's also spent all of his ammo.

1st of Limestone
Autumn is here we're running very low on supplies.
Work is now going very quickly before the water freezes.

7th of Sandstone
More migrants have arrived. we number 21.

One of the cages had a chinchilla in it.  However Urvad informed me he can't train it for war, I insisted he wasn't trying hard enough.

Fishery is up and working, producing most of the food that the dwarves have been having for some time now. Although the farm is finally up and so is a well.

17th of Timber
I heard shouts coming from the main hall today however in the short time it took me to go from my bedroom there the problem had already been solved and was lying in a bloody mess.  A kobold thief's head was bashed in by one of the new migrants, Erib Lolordesis.  What did he use to bash the thief's head in?  A crossbow.  Apparently there was no more ammo.

Also, an eagle was in one of the traps today!

25th of Timber
The caravan has arrived.  I had already appointed myself as broker however I needed a bookkeeper.  Referring to the list of candidates I was dismayed to find that there was only one person with record keeping experience: Stinthad.  On hearing about his new position he immediately had demands: an office.  He seemed smug about it but whatever it makes sense and whatever keeps him away from torturing animals.

I traded for some barrels of ale and rum, some extra food, and since it looks like we could have a kobold problem some weapons and armor.           

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2014, 10:44:06 pm »

I've never seen anything like this in dwarf fortress.  I don't have enough time but if someone has that isometric viewer for dwarf fortress I'd like to see what it looks like.

Not sure what to do with it.  My first thought was to drop goblins off of it, but that doesn't seem like the most fruitful use of it.  I was also thinking about some kind of megastructure that strings bridges above the river.

Are you talking about Isoworld, Stonesense or Fortress Overseer?
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

Gorgulak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2014, 08:23:08 am »

not sure, whichever one you have or think is best.  I'm not sure how those viewers work but it might be difficult to get a good shot of the waterfall since it's wedged  between two cliffs.

Gorgulak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2014, 12:15:30 pm »

Today will probably be the end of my year so if anyone wants a dwarf say so.  I'll also look at some of the newcomers, Erib seemed pretty cool.  He did bash a kobold thief's head in with a crossbow.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2014, 06:35:46 pm »

I'll take Urvad "itg" Sodellotol, tree butcher. Please let him make one stack of metal bolts, and don't let him do any other moodable skills, like mining or masonry.

Edit: Whoever sees the outpost liaison next, please order some platinum from the dwarven caravan.

Gorgulak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2014, 06:48:59 pm »

You broke my heart Urvad 'itg'

Gorgulak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2014, 07:34:49 pm »

28th of Obsidian
As the year comes to a close I wonder what will become of the fortress.  There are 21  dwarves: 4 couples and 2 children.  Stinthad(the dwarf who compulsively kills moving things) and Erib(the one who bashed the kobolds head in) are married and are oddly right for each other.  They spend all day killing things, littering the area with corpses.  They kind of freak me out but they are also very happy so who am I to judge.

And then there is Mebzuth who is married to Rita.  Rita a few weeks ago just went mad, stripping off all her clothes and wandering aimlessly outside with her pet rabbit following her every move.  We just let her be thinking she needed some space.  She died a week ago from dehydration, her rabbit still stays by her side while we work on a coffin and burial place.  I recently found out what was wrong:

I feel tired now. Maybe it's the stress of running the fortress, or the recent events, or maybe it's the troubles with my own romantic affair that has got to me.  I haven't said anything about it to you yet, but I won't say anything more.

Gorgulak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2014, 07:38:47 pm »

2real4me

Also, here is the fortress as it is now.

I'll post the save game later tonight
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5