Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: Harvestcoast - A new, smelly surprise around every corner [Turn 9 complete!]  (Read 40293 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile

A little cottage by the sea, a garden of my own, a few pets to keep me company... I've always wanted a simple, solitary life, you know? I had a location picked out and everything, so I went to ask the overseer if I could go, and joy of joys, he said yes!

Then he packed me up with these other nine prats and told me to start exporting gourmet foods. Dammit.

Got bored, figured a succession game might be interesting. Using vanilla DF plus SethCreiyd's Flora and Fauna pack and a few tweaks of my own, embarking with ten dwarves on a tropical ocean/temperate savannah via DFusion.

DA RULES:
  • Play one year, as per the usual, and document it in-character. With images, preferably.
  • Please try not to bugger up other people's projects? This isn't Failcannon, folks.
  • At the end of your turn, you can leave a challenge for other overseers to complete if you so desire.
  • Please no Shaft of Enlightenment unless we're in severe danger of getting completely sodomized by an invading force with more members than our entire fort. Danger rooms, sure, but the Shaft is a bit too much.
  • Dwarf Therapist is highly recommended, and DFHack tools digv, clean, fixdiplomats, fixmerchants, showmood and siren are permitted.
  • EDIT: DFHACK IS NOW REQUIRED, AND THIS FILE MUST BE ADDED TO THE SAVE'S /RAW FOLDER (NOT /RAW/OBJECTS, SPECIFICALLY THE /RAW FOLDER). FAILURE TO USE THIS FILE WILL RESULT IN 90% OF CREATURES BORN DURING GAMEPLAY NEVER INCREASING IN SIZE. THANKS TO PUTNAM FOR MAKING THIS FIX. FEEL FREE TO USE THIS FILE IN ANY OTHER SAVES AS WELL.
Claimed Dwarves:
  • "Zaerosz" Glovedinches, Unlucky Bastard, male
  • "Icecoon" Martyrwind, The Butcher, female
  • "Benev" Castledangles, captain of the guard, male d. 160
  • "Escondida" Whirlurns, Bio-engineer, female
  • "Houn" Castleplunges, Digsmith, female d. 157
  • (dwarobaki) "Dhoor" Ghostships the Ardent Trifles, militia commander, male d. 159
  • (than402) "Crazyduck" Crystaltempted, Metalsmith, female
  • (TALLPANZER) "Toll Dwarf" Boltssizzled, Rancher, female
  • "Beirus" Graniteacts, Suturer/Swordsdwarf, male d. 153
  • "Beirus II" Roadhushed the Lost Assembly of Curiosity, militia captain, male d. 160
  • "hostergaard" Coalsplattered, militia captain, female
  • "Kaz" Clashesbooks, Metalsmith, male
  • "snackfox" Windycudgels, Engraver, male
  • "Mr. Wiggles" Wheelsblushed, Surgeon, female d. 159
  • (Hounskull) "LonLon" Lanternclears, Milker, female
  • "sensei_shade" Basementlock, Engraver, female
  • "Lord_lemonpie" Fencesnake, Ranger, male d. 159
  • "N. Commander" Languagelashed the Friendly Speaker of Growths, swordmaster, male

Turn Order:
1/Year 151: Zaerosz [1] +save
2/Year 152: Icecoon [1] +save
3/Year 153: than402 [1] [save]
4/Year 154: Hounskull [1] +save in next post
5/Year 155: dwarobaki [1][2][3][4] +save
6/Year 156: Beneviento [1][2] +save
7/Year 157: snackfox [1][2][3] +save]
8/Year 158: sensei_shade [1][2][3][4][5] +save
9/Year 159 (+ Winter 158): Torgue [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10] +save
10/Year 160: escondida [1]
11/Year 161: Zaerosz
12/Year 162: hostergaard
13/Year 163: Iamblichos
14/Year 164: NCommander
?/Year 1??: CaptainArchmage

Art:
Crazyduck, Escondida, Icecoon, Zaerosz and Houn drawn by Hounskull
Dhoor, Toll and Benev drawn by Hounskull
Benev vs. the Grouper drawn by Hounskull (wallpaper version)
Centaur Attack drawn by Hounskull
White Queen drawn by Hounskull
The Werebear Cometh drawn by Hounskull
Snodub Menacedemon, General of The Chunky Malice drawn by Hounskull
Osta drawn by Hounskull
Night of the Werebull drawn by Hounskull

Challenges:
Zaerosz: To get Zaerosz and Toll Dwarf to Legendary Animal Trainer, and open a zoo filled with fully tamed exotic species. Please note that animals captured from sieges will still be hostile when "tamed", though their children can be tamed and will be safe to handle.
Icecoon: Build a magma execution chamber.
than402:
  • Easy: Arm all squads with steel equipment
  • Hard: Invite the queen and arrange an "accident" to befall both her and her court
  • Very hard: Arm with steel the entire fort
Hounskull:
    • Short term - Kill or capture the Goblin General Snodub. COMPLETE - Snodub Menacedemon was slain during the reign of Dhoor, in the year 155.
    • Long term - MINE THE SHIT OUT OF THE CAVERNS. (get me in there)
    • Extra long term - Capture a forgotten beast. Put it in the throne room. Make it the Mayor. ? ? ? ? ?. Profit.
    dwarobaki:
    • Kill Osta without loosing any dwarves. PARTIALLY ACHIEVED - Osta was slain during the reign of sensei_shade, in the year 158. However, it claimed the lives of several unnamed dwarves in the process, and several animals.
    • Make Houn and Dhoor married couple and let them have children. FAILED - Houn fell into a deep melancholy and took her own life during the reign of snackfox, in year 157.
    Beneviento:
    • 1:Kill Osta using only captured goblin soldiers. FAILED - Osta was slain by dwarven hands during the reign of sensei_shade, in the year 158.
    • 2:Further fortify the main keep.
    • 3:Continue building the resort.
    [/list]
    sensei_shade: Make it so every military dwarf has at least one VCC warbeast to his/her own.
    « Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 11:00:17 pm by Zaerosz »
    くコ:彡

Icecoon

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    Re: Harvestcoast - The Odd Little Fort By The Sea
    « Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 10:58:24 am »

Hey. Never played a succession fort, but I want to try.

Stodir "Icecoon" Martyrwind : Butcher: 1, Diagnostician: 2, Wound Dresser:2,  Suturer: 1

Since we are starting in a coastal region, I guess there will be an aquifer layer underground.
    "This is a well crafted billon statue of Urist McChickenlover.
    The item is a well-designed image Urist McChickenlover the dwarf and a chicken in billon.
    Urist McChickenlover is embracing the chicken."

Colony Alpha <<<Warhammer 40k, Squats, Orkz, Eldar and more... >>>

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 11:03:41 am »

that sounds interesting.

Mosus "Crazyduck" Crystaltempted:Brewer: 1, Armorer: 2, Blacksmith:2,  Furnace operator: 1

i don't have much experience on aquifiers,but it's worth a try

escondida

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 01:53:24 pm »

Hey, can I have Uzol "escondida" Whirledurns? Either planter/mechanic (profession: biological engineer) or mechanic/wrestler (profession: trappist monk)...or , y'know, whatever professions are needed to fill out the embark team.

I can take a turn whenever.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 04:44:59 pm »

Just checking, are Icecoon and Crazyduck intending to take a turn, or is Escondida at the top of the list?

than402

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 04:55:00 pm »

Yeah,give me a turn

escondida

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 05:01:32 pm »

Hehe, I hope so, because as much as I like utilizing aquifers for civil and military projects...getting *through* aquifers is a royal pain and I am lazy.

Hounskull

• Bay Watcher
    • draws stupid things
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 06:27:06 pm »

I'd like to claim a founding dwarf c:
    Female, if you please, and whatever skills you feel are necessary it doesn't really bother me.
    Just call her Houn or whatever ahah.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 11:15:41 pm »

That leaves five dwarves open, folks, we gotta have all ten accounted for before we start.

Icecoon

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 01:22:53 am »

Just checking, are Icecoon and Crazyduck intending to take a turn, or is Escondida at the top of the list?

Oh yes, I want a turn. :)
    The item is a well-designed image Urist McChickenlover the dwarf and a chicken in billon.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
    • Rocks and Blocks
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 06:25:42 am »

I'll take Sarvesh "Benev" Castledangles, with hunting skills perhaps? If not, whatever's needed would be fine.
    And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Hounskull

• Bay Watcher
    • draws stupid things
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 06:27:41 am »

aayyyy Zae and I decided it'd be cool to have some drawings of important dwarves and stupid things that happen, so I've drawn the five claimed dwarves so far. Will probably do more tomorrow when more are claimed.
    In order from left to right, Crazyduck, Escondida, Icecoon, Zae, and myself. Based it on the dwarf descriptions. Icecoon scares me a little why did she have to be a butcher AND a surgeon I feel intimidated. And I don't really know what happened to me. Apparently I was once thin, and then just got really fat so. Um. I'll try not to eat all your adamantine wafers I guess.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ALSO YOU ALL HAVE FUCKING SANDY TAUPE SKIN I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF SANDY TAUPE OH MY GOD
    « Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 06:32:28 am by Hounskull »

than402

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 06:46:31 am »

these look really cool,houndskull :)

got to love how genetics work in dwarf fortress.

Hounskull

• Bay Watcher
    • draws stupid things
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: June 10, 2014, 07:11:22 am »

thankyou! c:
    and yeah they all have sandy taupe skin and silver eyes. iwjeskd. at least there's a little variation with the hair. and there'll be more when migrants come!

Icecoon

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 08:10:55 am »

aayyyy Zae and I decided it'd be cool to have some drawings of important dwarves and stupid things that happen, so I've drawn the five claimed dwarves so far. Will probably do more tomorrow when more are claimed.
    In order from left to right, Crazyduck, Escondida, Icecoon, Zae, and myself. Based it on the dwarf descriptions. Icecoon scares me a little why did she have to be a butcher AND a surgeon I feel intimidated. And I don't really know what happened to me. Apparently I was once thin, and then just got really fat so. Um. I'll try not to eat all your adamantine wafers I guess.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ALSO YOU ALL HAVE FUCKING SANDY TAUPE SKIN I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF SANDY TAUPE OH MY GOD

Wow, nice. :o

Also she has to be a butcher, because she learned the majority of her healthcare skills from butchering animals. And .. it sounds cool :D

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26