Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Harvestcoast - A new, smelly surprise around every corner [Turn 9 complete!]  (Read 40327 times)

dwarobaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Harvestcoast - The Odd Little Fort By The Sea
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2014, 08:03:13 am »

Nice, can't wait to see what next yer will bring.
And it looks like Dhoor did quite well :D

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2014, 08:23:09 am »

yup.it's the most skilled dwarf we have(literally,that's his level).he has a bright future as a Urist mc Badass ahead of him,so i shall make some steel equipment for him and the rest of our troops.and since everyone hates rotting clothes,there are no negative thoughts about wearing armor and i play the fortress smith,i already know what my challenge will be...

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2014, 08:24:14 am »

Did I kill that goblin before or after my leg was broken? Also, give me a crutch and send me back in. It'll take more than a broken leg to take Beirus Graniteacts down! And could I see my dwarf's thoughts screen please?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2014, 08:29:22 am »

i lost your announcement.sorry :/ i will make some silver ones,because that way you can smash some gobbos with them.also,we have a legendary metacrafter and it's a nice way to pimp our fort.

Icecoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2014, 08:32:52 am »

Did I kill that goblin before or after my leg was broken? Also, give me a crutch and send me back in. It'll take more than a broken leg to take Beirus Graniteacts down! And could I see my dwarf's thoughts screen please?

Before.
You are still resting in bed. Don't worry, I'll patch you up. Muhahaha :D

"This is a well crafted billon statue of Urist McChickenlover.
The item is a well-designed image Urist McChickenlover the dwarf and a chicken in billon.
Urist McChickenlover is embracing the chicken."

Colony Alpha <<<Warhammer 40k, Squats, Orkz, Eldar and more... >>>

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2014, 08:33:56 am »

here's your kill list

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Icecoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2014, 08:36:24 am »

One more thing. I think I made a mistake. Benev has no centaur in his kill list. It had to be some other hunter.
"This is a well crafted billon statue of Urist McChickenlover.
The item is a well-designed image Urist McChickenlover the dwarf and a chicken in billon.
Urist McChickenlover is embracing the chicken."

Colony Alpha <<<Warhammer 40k, Squats, Orkz, Eldar and more... >>>

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2014, 12:54:55 pm »

A fantastic update indeed. I wasn't aware centaurs were... actively hostile. Whoops.

Also, Zaerosz would like to politely inform Crazyduck that taking everything of utility from the elven caravan is highly recommended. Giving them anything in return is optional.

EDIT: Also also, make some cages. Gettin job cancel spam for days in here.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 01:06:52 pm by Zaerosz »
くコ:彡

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2014, 01:17:53 pm »

good luck finding anything of utility in an elven caravan.fortunately,they visited at the wrong time and they all went insane.their stuff was mostly crap,but free crap is always nice.

as for the cages,i got us covered.

also,Beirus is dead.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2014, 01:20:15 pm »

How? Also, re dwarf as Beirus II, male Swordsdwarf or any other male military dwarf.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2014, 01:28:03 pm »

good luck finding anything of utility in an elven caravan.
Animals. Cloth. Plants. Booze. Shitloads of wood.
くコ:彡

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2014, 01:28:55 pm »

goblin hammermen.he had iron armor and a brand new steel helm,but he was somehow the first to fall.probably becaused he rushed alone in the enemy lines.

Ok,you are now a Skilled Axedwarf with first dibs on new armor(along with Dhoor and Benev,obviously)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 01:42:52 pm by than402 »

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2014, 01:30:44 pm »

good luck finding anything of utility in an elven caravan.
Animals. Cloth. Plants. Booze. Shitloads of wood.

i got two animals alright,but they were a lone wolf(which sucks in combat) and a muskox.they had no booze to speak of,we have so much wood i don't know what to do with it,and very few plants.but the cloth did help.very expensive,got some nice steel from the dwarven caravan.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2014, 02:35:11 pm »

goblin hammermen.he had iron armor and a brand new steel helm,but he was somehow the first to fall.probably becaused he rushed alone in the enemy lines.

Ok,you are now a Skilled Axedwarf with first dibs on new armor(along with Dhoor and Benev,obviously)
Damn hammergoblins and other blunt weapon users. Did I at least go down fighting? And can I the the thoughts sheet for Beirus II?

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2014, 02:54:52 pm »

Icecoon, nice work repelling the goblin invaders! You forget, though, that their intentions are basically good. After all, there are few worse fates for a child than being raised in a dwarven fortress. They're more righteous rescuers than kidnappers, when you think about it...they may teach children to hate and kill, but you never see a goblin so traumatized as to not care about anything anymore.

Houn, is there any chance of a widescreen version of that glorious fishfight? I most definitely want to add that to my wallpaper rotation. I'll happily use the square one if not.

All these new plants and animals added by the mods...craziness! Doubtless uses can be found for all of them, though...

~-~ Property of the Harvestcoast Research Division ~-~
Owner: Uzol "Escondida" Whirledurns, head of research
If found, please leave lying wherever you found it because the hauling of owned items by anyone but the owner would be a mockery of the sacred laws of property ownership, naturally.

[most of the book is a meticulous log of experiments and their results, interspersed with mechanical diagrams, but a few pages seem to have been used for personal reminiscence. -- ed.]
The new plant hybrids are growing surprisingly well. Luckily, the brewers have already managed to distill some of them, so overall I'd call them a rousing success. Glad I joined the expedition after all. I was worried they would mistrust me, since my area of expertise isn't exactly in vogue at present, thanks to the publicity the escapes from Hilltriumphs generated. Hell, most of the people here seem to take all the invasive species released from there completely in stride; they talk about centaurs like they've always been around! Maybe it's just that people out here on the frontier are more adventurous than the bourgeous city people back home, sitting comfortably in their ever-so-tasteful-yet-fashionably-modest statue gardens and sipping imported water (a filthy habit) like the decadent aspiring aristocracy they are. Yes, the frontier is the place for me, and if they're willing to fund my research and imbibe the results, all the better!

Unfortunately, despite being receptive to my botanical work, Icecoon, the current overseer, seems to have an aversion to mechanical engineering. He asked me to explain how cage traps work--apparently, he couldn't quite grasp how simple wood could contain a dragon, or how an arbitrarily large number of animals could be stuffed into a single cage--and by the time I was finished with just the basics--using wood or metal as a focus for a controlled, semi-permeable dimensional rift into hideous unknowable realities beyond our own, he looked ready to punch me. I can only imagine his reaction if I tried to tell him about levers or pressure plates.

Was saddened to hear about poor Beirus; he seemed like such a reasonable, down-to-stone fellow. Apparently, he even had family here; I'm told another dwarf has stepped up to take up the hereditary title of clan Beirus.

Hmm...I wonder whether I could combine an apple and an orange, to create a peelable apple? Very little utility, but unquestionably amusing at parties.
~-~
[Edit:] Note to self: proofread first, post second.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 02:57:23 pm by escondida »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26