Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30

Author Topic: Jack's Simple BYOR: Game over! Town win!  (Read 50803 times)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [7/12]: Day 3 - A Normal Day on the Job
« Reply #375 on: July 11, 2014, 11:24:25 pm »

NQT act on you toaster, it he redirect i believe he is a scum.
mind explaining that NQT?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 11, 2014, 11:28:06 pm »

Bah.

On another note, the Second Defenestration of Prague is probably the coolest name of a historical event, since it uses the word defenestration, and it means there were two separate defenestrations that took place in Prague.

So when Jack sent in Wikipedia articles, I instantly thought of this.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 11, 2014, 11:28:58 pm »

BAH! MEDIC!

Best of luck folks!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 11, 2014, 11:30:13 pm »

I had a nice tidy read post all done up and ready to throw out today, but seeing both Persus *and* Hapah flip town screwed it up.  I will post two things, though:

Varee is not mafia.  This I'm extremely sure of.  Why?  Two reasons.  First, read his first two days of play.  He clearly is bumbling around, trying to figure out how to play.  Does his play read like someone who has a scumteam to teach him how to play?  It sure doesn't to me.

Two, and here's the massive massive biggest towntell I've quite possibly ever seen:

well maybe his buddy dont really know who he is?
or maybe the scums are cutting loses

He has no idea scum has a chat!  It's like 4mask's and Flabort's slip, except a bit more subtle and a LOT more concrete.  This is NOT a line a newbie mafioso would come out with, full stop.  There's no way he is mafia.

MOWE is also not mafia.  This I'm reasonably sure of.  Why?  Because Flabort claimed she was his Lyncher target, and Lynchers almost always target town.  I don't think I've ever seen a Lyncher target mafia.  I grant that requires we believe Flabort (we don't have any proof of his claim) but I accept it for now.

NQT act on you toaster, it he redirect i believe he is a scum.
mind explaining that NQT?

O RLY?

Let's hear about that, Mr. NQT.

On another note, the Second Defenestration of Prague is probably the coolest name of a historical event, since it uses the word defenestration, and it means there were two separate defenestrations that took place in Prague.

Sorry!  For the record, though, you're correct in your statement there.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 12, 2014, 12:12:33 am »

Bah. The WIFOM almost worked in my favor.

Hail Hydra.

(Oh, and to all of you who believed the survivor claim, I still claim moral victory there)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 12, 2014, 04:52:30 am »

Sure, I randomized Toaster. Mystery solved. I had a hunch he had a kill and it was my only tool for not being killed, so I was going to try to make use of it. That sucks for Persus, of course, buy he can still win when dead.

The reasoning goes like this: either I do nothing in the night and hope I don't get killed, or I do something and hope it helps in some way. I've got to play to my wincon.

But look, I think Toaster is probably right: scum is two of Epenguin, Deathsword and TolyK. (Though I don't think Lyncher target has to be town, it's just more likely so perhaps I wouldn't rule out MOWE). I'm inclined against Deathsword as that's who Wolf was setting up as an alternative to lynch.

TolyK, why didn't you press a case at end of D2? We certainly had enough time.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 12, 2014, 06:32:08 am »

PPE: Rolecop I mean as aligncop, it's morning for me (as in I just woke up).

I'm surprised Hapah is town.  I was sure enough he was scum that I targeted him with my one-shot kill... which someone redirected to Persus.

That said, there aren't a lot more scum possibilities left, especially if we buy NQT's claim.  Speaking of claims, TolyK, didn't you have something for us today?

Yup.

First off, I'm a miller. Thus my beginning-game post. Secondly, I've been blocked these two nights, based on flavor it was Persus who was doing it.
I can protect people, and one other ability which I'll hold off claiming.

Thirdly...
We have cops, and probably two. It'll be a good idea to post results tomorrow.
We have roleblockers and redirectors. Probably a total of 3.
The fact that 4mask claimed miller as well made me suspicious, but I wasn't certain it couldn't be true. Why?
We've seen that some people are unblockable or unredirectable. NOBODY who was dead yet (until N2) had an inspect.
Given that this is a "simple BYOR" and given this system of checks and balances, it wouldn't rule out the fact that two millers could be if there were two cops. After all, there were (if I'm not mistaken) two roleblockers.
But I definitely didn't mind 4mask's lynch, given that it would check my hypothesis.

With his miller claim false, however, that means we might have had only one rolecop - Hapah. (Unless another claims miller and/or rolecop, but eh).

Hapah's death shows that this gives info:
Not Varee, not 4mask. Deathsword has a block which I normally associate with scum, and his posts seem a little off, so I'll go on the record for a Deathsword lynch. Ideally I could cram about 4 more hours into the day so I could actually play the damn game, but there you are. At least now that I'm only in one game I can make a little time; better to play one properly than half-ass two.

If not Deathsword I'd go with you (Toaster) for sitting on that 4mask vote without trying to shake anything else loose from him (her? I don't know half these people), or MOWE for mostly metagame reasons.
That makes Deathsword a possible candidate for having been cop'd as mafia by Hapah. This was the most recent post I've looked at and remembered, more detailed analysis might give more information.

TolyK, why didn't you press a case at end of D2? We certainly had enough time.
I think I just explained that, didn't I?

That's all I can post for now.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 12, 2014, 07:01:03 am »

Quick post - question for Jack A T:
4maskwolf has been lynched!  4maskwolf was the Plagues of Egypt (Mafia).
Quote from: Jack A T
*(Night) The First Plague [Target]: You turn all the water in one player's sweat into blood. That player will show up as mafia if inspected that night.
*(Night, 1-shot) The Ninth Plague: You bring darkness upon the building, randomizing all players.
Would 4mask's First Plague alert the target that they were a temporary miller?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 12, 2014, 12:02:17 pm »

NQT:  I'm curious how you made that determination that I had a kill.  In any case, I shot it sooner rather than later because I was confident Hapah was scum, and I didn't think I'd last through the night.  I would have shot 4mask if he hadn't been lynched.

(Also I can't blame you because I did consider shooting you)

TolyK:  So you don't actually have any info?  Yeah, you're probably scum.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 12, 2014, 02:28:50 pm »

Please note that a hammer is 4 votes. If it happens that you are both town, I could easily be quicklynched.

TolyK:  So you don't actually have any info?  Yeah, you're probably scum.
I'm probably scum - heh. Wait, when was it ruled out that you could be scum?

What kind of info were you expecting? "A and B are scum"? That's all the info I could have had, being blocked two days in a row. Well, most of it.

What makes you so willing to lynch me?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 13, 2014, 01:17:15 am »

Would 4mask's First Plague alert the target that they were a temporary miller?
TolyK: No.

Votecount:
*TolyK - notquitethere, Toaster (2)
*notquitethere - (0)
*Varee - (0)
*Toaster - (0)
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*Deathsword - (0)
*EPenguin - (0)
Not Voting: TolyK, Varee, MyOwnWorstEnemy, Deathsword, EPenguin

Day 3 ends 9:00 PM PST Tuesday, July 15th, or upon hammer (4 votes).  4 votes are required to extend.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 13, 2014, 04:43:46 pm »

I wonder why no one is voting. Are scum confident in a mislynch today? I'm sure if one were to look back at Wolf's interactions, rooting out his allegiances might be possible.

Toaster
NQT:  I'm curious how you made that determination that I had a kill.
Just a hunch. Also I thought you were the one to kill me the last time I played a survivor, but I double-checked and that was Wuba (in Vector's Princesses game).

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 13, 2014, 07:07:43 pm »

MOWE and Penguin is awfully quiet, i want to hear feom thwm before deciding
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 13, 2014, 08:51:53 pm »

Sorry... I've been out visiting for the past couple days.

TolyK: You mentioned in the beginning that this would be a hard game for you and you wouldn't say why. Could you explain that now?

I find it incredibly suspicious that you weren't even targeted by the scum last night (unless we have someone else with a kill), so either the scum didn't want to waste their time if you were going to be protected or they had no reason to go after you in the first place. In that case, you're trying to tie up the protects so no one else can be protected or seeking to prevent those with investigative powers from investigating you. You decided to claim miller because no one's buying your crap anymore since you failed to deliver on what we all thought was some sort of insight aside from your own logic. Why would you lead us on like that? It makes no sense, TolyK.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 14, 2014, 04:10:24 am »

TolyK: You mentioned in the beginning that this would be a hard game for you and you wouldn't say why. Could you explain that now?

I find it incredibly suspicious that you weren't even targeted by the scum last night (unless we have someone else with a kill), so either the scum didn't want to waste their time if you were going to be protected or they had no reason to go after you in the first place. In that case, you're trying to tie up the protects so no one else can be protected or seeking to prevent those with investigative powers from investigating you. You decided to claim miller because no one's buying your crap anymore since you failed to deliver on what we all thought was some sort of insight aside from your own logic. Why would you lead us on like that? It makes no sense, TolyK.
Thank you for voting me, it's hammer-1, and good luck on the wagon.

I said it would be harder for me to play due exactly to the miller ability. I have no information whether I was protected or not. I wished to find out something that would be important today (I tried to visit Toaster) but I was blocked. Also, I claimed miller before other people "weren't buying my crap anymore".

Also, this:
Quote from: MOWE
I find it incredibly suspicious that you weren't even targeted by the scum last night (unless we have someone else with a kill), so either the scum didn't want to waste their time if you were going to be protected or they had no reason to go after you in the first place.
Oh wow, such logic. The scum could've specifically not targeted me because of this logic. Or they could've thought further.
This is devolves into WIFOM, doesn't it?

What is really interesting is that you specifically made it hammer-1. When you could've FoS'd.
You also have some suspicion from me from before, so I'll vote MOWE specifically for bandwagoning.

Does ANYBODY have any more information at all? If we keep on with this, it's mylo (given 1 nightkill). I really find it strange that nobody has any other suspicions other than me.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30