Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

Author Topic: Jack's Simple BYOR: Game over! Town win!  (Read 50635 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [7/12]: Day 3 - A Normal Day on the Job
« Reply #390 on: July 14, 2014, 04:36:57 am »

While it's entirely possible that one scum was bussing on the 4mask lynch, it's unlikely that both scum were doing so (as if so, they could have saved Wolf by pressing a different case). The only people not voting yesterday were MOWE and TolyK. Looks like Toly is going to die today, and if they flip town then we lynch MOWE (or preferably NK her).

In fact, given their mutual targeting, it's unlikely that MOWE and Toly are on the same team, so given the certainty of at least one scum bussing yesterday, one might wish to look at the weakest or most sheepish vote on the Wolf-wagon. If town were doing there job in this game, that's what they'd be doing.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 14, 2014, 11:09:09 am »

One possibility that has crossed my mind is that there's merit in lynching NQT today to be sure he's what he says he is.  If we're wrong about TolyK (I doubt it, but hell I was wrong about Hapah) then Survivor NQT will be hammering at first opportunity since it'd be LYLO.  A thing to watch for would be scum putting people at L-1 to provoke a hammer out of him.  I'm okay with Plan A, though.

TolyK did nothing all of D1.  He just sat on his RV of me all day.  His last post was five days before the hammer fell on Flabort.

D2 he also does nothing except vaHe posts a few weak read posts, but never actually acts on any of them, and spends the entirety of D2 not voting.  His post two back is the first time he actually votes for real, and this is day three.  It takes being at L-1 for him to vote.  Is this the action of a townie?  He's been active lurking, noncommittal, scum.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 14, 2014, 11:25:45 am »

Not Varee, not 4mask. Deathsword has a block which I normally associate with scum, and his posts seem a little off, so I'll go on the record for a Deathsword lynch. Ideally I could cram about 4 more hours into the day so I could actually play the damn game, but there you are. At least now that I'm only in one game I can make a little time; better to play one properly than half-ass two.

If not Deathsword I'd go with you (Toaster) for sitting on that 4mask vote without trying to shake anything else loose from him (her? I don't know half these people), or MOWE for mostly metagame reasons.
That makes Deathsword a possible candidate for having been cop'd as mafia by Hapah. This was the most recent post I've looked at and remembered, more detailed analysis might give more information.
By me being a candidate for being "cop'd" by Hapah, you mean he might have done so in N1? In that case, why didn't he just claim when he saw someone else who he didn't see as scum on the lynch block?

First off, I'm a miller.
Why didn't you claim when the game started?

Off to work. If I have time I'll post more from there.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 14, 2014, 12:28:10 pm »

Toaster
One possibility that has crossed my mind is that there's merit in lynching NQT today to be sure he's what he says he is.  If we're wrong about TolyK (I doubt it, but hell I was wrong about Hapah) then Survivor NQT will be hammering at first opportunity since it'd be LYLO.  A thing to watch for would be scum putting people at L-1 to provoke a hammer out of him.  I'm okay with Plan A, though.
Yeah, but if you kill me then scum will kill again in the night and we'll be at Day 4 with two scum and three town: scum will be able to quickhammer as soon as a town player puts down one vote on town. Better to kill scum today and enter Day 4 with one scum and three town and me: in which you might even survive a mislynch if scum are blocked or protected against on N4. I can promise to try not to be a pain. Remember you're out to kill actual scum.

TolyK, I think it's probable Hapah got a town inspect on Varee:

So who is worth hanging?
Not Varee

Town

That said, it's quite likely Deathsword is the scum that bussed Wolf. His vote on Wolf only makes sense if your already believe Wolf is scum (and not for a moment entertaining the possibility that Wolf was asking for exactly what a Martyr would be asking for):

There's got to be someone out there with a vigilante power: why don't you just kill me tonight?  Frees up your lynch and works whether I am telling the truth or lying.
That seems like an excellent idea. Unless you are scum and one of your buddies has a protect, which would result in you still being alive next day. Nice try 4maskwolf

Further, his was the last vote on Wolf when it was already certain that he was going to be lynched. That's a pretty typical scumtell right there.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 14, 2014, 01:03:24 pm »

Strategic hammer, go! TolyK
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [6/12]: Night 3 - That Was Quick
« Reply #395 on: July 14, 2014, 01:28:05 pm »

Suddenly, Deathsword drew a handgun and shot TolyK in the head!  Unfortunately, TolyK was not a vandal.  Clearly, it was time for everyone to sleep.

Day 3 has ended!
Votecount:
*TolyK - notquitethere, Toaster, MyOwnWorstEnemy, Deathsword (4)
*notquitethere - (0)
*Varee - (0)
*Toaster - (0)
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - TolyK (1)
*Deathsword - (0)
*EPenguin - (0)
Not Voting: Varee, EPenguin

TolyK has been lynched!  TolyK was an Illegal Prime (Town).
Quote from: Jack A T
*(Auto) Illegal: You inspect as mafia.
*(Night) Protest [Target]: You send a group of protestors to harass your target, protecting said target from being killed.
*(Night) Distribute [Target]: You dump a really long prime number on your target, blocking them.

Night 3 ends 9:00 PM PST Tuesday, July 15th, or when I receive all night actions (whichever is sooner).  Remember to send in your night actions (or lack thereof) by that time.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 01:32:46 pm by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 14, 2014, 01:28:32 pm »

That was meant to be a preview.  Finishing post, but yeah, day's over.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [5/12]: Day 4 - What A Twist
« Reply #397 on: July 15, 2014, 11:26:03 pm »

Five volunteers returned to the main room, and discovered notquitethere's corpse on top of flabort's corpse.  His mission to get home safely and see his family had ended in failure.  He was no vandal.  He just wanted to stay out of the whole mess and survive.

This tragic moment was exactly the right time for the person formerly known as MyOwnWorstEnemy to announce that she was no longer her own worst enemy, and that she preferred to be called Silthuri.

Day 4 has begun!
Votecount:
*Varee - (0)
*Toaster - (0)
*Silthuri - (0)
*Deathsword - (0)
*EPenguin - (0)
Not Voting: Varee, Toaster, Silthuri, Deathsword, EPenguin

notquitethere has been killed!  notquitethere was Rhein II (Survivor).
Quote from: Jack A T
*(Night, 1-shot) Erase [Target]: You may remove the unsightly target from the perfect image of the room, blocking your target and randomizing all actions targeting them.
*(Night) Disorient [Target]: By erasing a landmark, you may disorient your target, randomizing them.

Day 3 ends 9:00 PM PST Thursday, July 17th, or upon hammer (3 votes).  3 votes are required to extend.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 16, 2014, 12:43:06 am »

Deathsword Do tell the reason for that hammer. It a bit .... odd.
Also NQT just got murdered...... I dont know why but i feel better but the town and mafia are almost equal now, i fear this will be our last day.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 16, 2014, 04:21:30 am »

What did I tell you? And you didn't listen.
Serves me right for playing my way. I guess?

Bah.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 16, 2014, 04:35:05 am »

Woo! Another loss! My loss:win ratio is untouchable!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 16, 2014, 09:55:26 am »

Thanks, scumteam!  That was a terrible choice you made, killing NQT!

In any case, with two surviving mafia, it's LYLO and time for a massclaim.

I am the Kardashev Scale.  I have two actions: a night action where I can check someone to see the type and count (but not names or effects) of powers someone has, and a one-shot kill.

N1 I investigated Persus.  He had two powers, one of which was auto.

N2 I intended to kill Hapah but got redirected to Persus.

N3 I'm withholding for a minute until I see the rest of the claims, so I can see if something matches up.

Claim up, people.  And don't vote yet, because we're in a hammer situation.

Deathsword:  Let me second the request that you explain your hammer.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 16, 2014, 10:03:31 am »

Toaster, Did your N3 action succeed?
Anyway , Am Invisible Women, my night action let me choose someone and see who he/she is with.

[size=0px]*Silthuri - (0) <- who is that guy?[/size]

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 16, 2014, 10:05:59 am »

[size=0px]*Silthuri - (0) <- who is that guy?[/size]

A ghostly voice from beyond the grave urges you to read the damn mod posts

This tragic moment was exactly the right time for the person formerly known as MyOwnWorstEnemy to announce that she was no longer her own worst enemy, and that she preferred to be called Silthuri.[/i]

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 16, 2014, 10:07:12 am »

I mean why is he/she is not talking, like i want him/her to introduce themself ......
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30