Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: Jack's Simple BYOR: Game over! Town win!  (Read 50255 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [5/12]: Day 4 - What A Twist
« Reply #405 on: July 16, 2014, 10:23:27 am »

Varee:
Toaster, Did your N3 action succeed?

Maybe.  I know where you're going with this, and I'll get there.

Anyway , Am Invisible Women, my night action let me choose someone and see who he/she is with.

With a mass claim, you need to claim your role as well as what you did each night- even if you've claimed bits before, it's extremely helpful to put it all in one big post.

Also, is that your only ability?  No auto abilities or one-shots?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 16, 2014, 10:27:46 am »

*Silthuri - (0) <- who is that guy?

*Points at sig* It's me, MOWE, but with a new name!  :D

I am a vampire. I can bite someone in the night and tell their role name. I can also revive one upon death.

N1: I investigated 4mask. He was my only successful investigation. I found his role name was indeed the Plagues of Egypt. I was inclined to believe him because he used his actual role name, but was inclined to not believe him because he claimed to have lied about the kill. This is why I was a bit on the fence on his lynch.

N2: I attempted to investigate TolyK, but he wasn't in the building. This is why I brought up the whole "you just don't want investigators to investigate you." When his information turned out to be just his logic, I wondered why he'd need protection. I thought about my failed investigation.

N3: I attempted to investigate NQT, but was blocked. Not much more to say about that one.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 16, 2014, 10:32:08 am »

Well i got a one-shot too. I got a feeling that the other as not posting though.
N1 it PTD with Hapah
N2 it NQT with toaster
N3 it someone with NQT, well he die so that someone is .....
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 16, 2014, 10:36:32 am »

Varee: Hang on, clear something up for me.  When you target a player, do you see whom they action or whom actioned them?  It's a very important difference.  (In other words, did you target NQT and see just ???? visit them or did you target ???? and see them target NQT?)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 16, 2014, 05:39:26 pm »

I'm an outsider. To win I need to take part in four successful lynches. TolyK was an easy lynch I couldn't pass up on, especially since PTDFun didn't vote for flarbot.

I got two abilities, one being a block, the other a (now-used) one-shot that makes me untargetable.

N1: I targeted 4maskwolf and ended up hitting Hapah
N2: I targeted EPenguin
N3: I used my one-shot
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 16, 2014, 06:29:54 pm »

@Deathsword ohbok so you are trying to win huh. What if we lynch you today and you vote yourself, you will technically win right?

@toaster i know you know that nqt is a very popular target so you should just go with that till the other show up

Also extend? We got 12 hour and penguin missing

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 16, 2014, 06:42:27 pm »

@Deathsword ohbok so you are trying to win huh. What if we lynch you today and you vote yourself, you will technically win right?
I need to be alive for that.

Also, yeah extend
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EPenguin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 16, 2014, 09:35:18 pm »

I'm an Emperor Penguin.

I can "fish" for someone's abilities each night. Target them, and I found out what one of their abilities does, chosen at random. I'm also a 1-shot watcher, flavor being I send a march of penguins to go scout out for me.

N1: I fished hapah. Found out he couldn't be roleblocked.

N2: I fished NQT, to make sure we didn't have an SK on  hand. I was blocked this night.

N3: I watched MOWE because I figured between Varee & MOWE, mafia would see MOWE as a bigger threat. However I was redirected to NQT & saw Toaster target him.

Toaster, why would you need to withold your N3 target, If the person in question is already dead? It looks like you're hiding something.

Deathsword, cannot be town after that hammer yesterday. His claim is outlandish and unlikely given we already had two dead self aligned.

Scum is unlikely to be Varee or MOWE for reasons outlined.

Whether by process of elimination or a direct look at their actions, Toaster & deathsword has to be the remaining scumteam.

extend

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 16, 2014, 10:00:56 pm »

EPenguin:
N3: I watched MOWE because I figured between Varee & MOWE, mafia would see MOWE as a bigger threat. However I was redirected to NQT & saw Toaster target him.

Toaster, why would you need to withold your N3 target, If the person in question is already dead? It looks like you're hiding something.

You're correct; I did target NQT (and the action was successful.)

Simple- because I neglected to mention one thing.  I also learn if any one-shots are used or not.  NQT's one shot was indeed used.  Why is this relevant?  Because going into LYLO, a survivor is the absolute worst target for a scum team's kill, because the survivor will gladly hop in bed with the scumteam and win the game for them.  I feel confident that NQT used his pseudo-jailkeep oneshot last night, and I wanted to see if anyone claimed being blocked.  Only MOWE did, so I can safely assume she was the intended target of the kill... which cements her townhood in my mind.

Ergo, the scumteam is you and Deathsword.  Deathsword's scummitude is further cemented by the fact that he doesn't come up with a scum team theory; since Varee and MOWE->Silthuri are obvtown, it'd have to be the other two... yet he didn't propose that (or anything else.)

Varee:  You watched the kill, right?  Which of the two did it?  Deathsword, right?  Also, see above for the answer to your earlier question.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 16, 2014, 10:08:55 pm »

I need to be alive for that.
And addendum: I only took part in two of three lynches so far. That leaves two still, so even then, that wouldn't be the case.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 16, 2014, 10:10:09 pm »

EBWOP:
N1: I fished hapah. Found out he couldn't be roleblocked.
Except Hapah himself said he was blocked.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 16, 2014, 10:25:38 pm »

Hapah has been killed!  Hapah was Juan Pujol Garcia (Town).
Quote from: Jack A T
*(Auto) Poultry Farmer: Your chickens will alert you if you are the target of any night actions. You will not know who carried out the action(s), but will know how many players targeted you.
*(Night) Spy [Target]: You access both German and British intelligence on your target, learning their alignment.

Where does it say he cannot be blocked? Oh wait...

Persus13 has been killed!  Persus13 was The Second Defenestration of Prague (Town).
*(Night) Defenestrate [Target]: You may throw another player through a window, blocking them from acting and being acted upon that night.
*(Auto) Angry Mob Powers!: You cannot be blocked.
Seems like you looked at the wrong one, EPenguin.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [7/12]: Day 3 - A Normal Day on the Job
« Reply #417 on: July 16, 2014, 10:26:01 pm »

Persus13 has been killed!  Persus13 was The Second Defenestration of Prague (Town).
*(Night) Defenestrate [Target]: You may throw another player through a window, blocking them from acting and being acted upon that night.
*(Auto) Angry Mob Powers!: You cannot be blocked.
Hapah has been killed!  Hapah was Juan Pujol Garcia (Town).
*(Auto) Poultry Farmer: Your chickens will alert you if you are the target of any night actions. You will not know who carried out the action(s), but will know how many players targeted you.
*(Night) Spy [Target]: You access both German and British intelligence on your target, learning their alignment.

Laugh.  EPenguin, nice try, but you bungled your fakeclaim.

BAH NINJA ALERT

I'm not afraid to vote any more; the scum team is painfully obvious.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [7/12]: Day 3 - A Normal Day on the Job
« Reply #418 on: July 16, 2014, 10:41:58 pm »

I'm not afraid to vote any more; the scum team is painfully obvious.
I have come to fear the hammer, but it is incredibly obvious that EPenguin is scum.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 17, 2014, 04:26:44 am »

well penguin screw up, deathsword if you want to you go ahead, am not hammering
Still am wondering about NQT dying so SOMEONE is lying .....
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30