Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30

Author Topic: Jack's Simple BYOR: Game over! Town win!  (Read 50257 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [5/12]: Day 4 - What A Twist
« Reply #420 on: July 17, 2014, 10:29:18 am »

well penguin screw up, deathsword if you want to you go ahead, am not hammering
Still am wondering about NQT dying so SOMEONE is lying .....

Last night's events, as I see it.

Deathsword (I'm 95% sure) tried to kill MOWE.
NQT targeted MOWE with his block/redirect one-shot.
Deathsword got randomized to NQT
NQT dies.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 17, 2014, 01:39:35 pm »

Votecount:
*Varee - (0)
*Toaster - (0)
*Silthuri - (0)
*Deathsword - (0)
*EPenguin - Toaster, Silthuri (2)
Not Voting: Varee, Deathsword, EPenguin

Extension Requests (3/3): Varee, Deathsword, EPenguin

The day has been extended.

Day 3 ends 9:00 PM PST Monday, July 21st, or upon hammer (3 votes).  3 votes are required to extend.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 04:15:58 pm by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 17, 2014, 10:11:14 pm »

Eh, we lost thanks to that slip. I guess i'll just hammer EPenguin and someone can kill me in the night.

The plan itself was that I would act as super-scum and EPenguin would call me out on that. Sadly, he took too long to post and made a fatal slip. Oh well. Also, he was the one who made the kill.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR: Game over! Town win!
« Reply #423 on: July 17, 2014, 11:11:14 pm »

With Toaster and Silthuri preparing to kill EPenguin, Deathsword broke down.  "I give up!  I GIVE UP!  EPenguin and I are the vandals!  It was his idea!  He wanted to put all of Wikipedia on wheels!  Please don't hurt us!"

This plea for mercy was undermined by Deathsword's immediate accidental shooting of EPenguin.  After that, the final vandal was quickly detained and was soon handed over to the police.

Of the twelve volunteers who had arrived just three days back (three very long days, but three days nonetheless), only three remained.  Flabort, Jiokuy, 4maskwolf, Persus13, Hapah, TolyK, notquitethere, and EPenguin were all dead.  Deathsword was in police custody.  Only Varee, Toaster, and Silthuri remained, and they were forever scarred by what they had seen.

The Wikimedia Foundation never allowed volunteers to join without having gone through a thorough vetting process again.

Day 4 has ended!
Votecount:
*Varee - (0)
*Toaster - (0)
*Silthuri - (0)
*Deathsword - (0)
*EPenguin - Toaster, Silthuri, Deathsword (3)
Not Voting: Varee, EPenguin

EPenguin has been lynched!  EPenguin was an Emperor Penguin (Mafia).
Quote from: Jack A T
*(Mafiakill) March of the Penguins [Target]: Your imperial penguin army kills your target and tells you the name of one of the other players (if any) who acted on the target. If your target is protected successfully, you will still learn about one of the players who acted on the target.
*(Night) Fish [Target]: You fish for roles. And fish. You learn a random one of your target's powers.

Due to there being absolutely no possible way, aside from outright sabotage, for anything but a town victory to occur, I'm calling this game for the town.  Town wins!

Here's the scumchat and the deadchat.

Roles, actions, and some comments shall be posted soon.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 17, 2014, 11:13:26 pm »

SCUM TEAM, YOU DISGRACE MY MEMORY, YOU SHOULD HAVE FOUGHT ON IN MY MEMORY....
Oh who am I kidding, good job guys. But penguin, remember who you are talking about. You inspected Persus, which was the truth.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 17, 2014, 11:13:40 pm »

Congratulations to the town!

Roles please?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 17, 2014, 11:14:38 pm »

Setting them, and the night actions, up right now.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 17, 2014, 11:27:59 pm »

Interesting game, there.  I knew there was no way Varee was scum; he'd have gotten some coaching.  Reply #360 cinched it.

Quote from: Jack, deadchat
And yes, at least one of the third party claimers is lying. There's no way I would have made half the players scum.

Yeeeep.  There are some cases I'm willing to second-guess the mod, and that's one of them.

I didn't expect to catch out two non-town with that wincon question to 4mask.  I made up for it by being seriously off-target until the end, though.  Hilariously, my first read of the responses was to believe 4mask and not Flabort.  Also hilariously, I would have shot you (4mask) after telling you to shoot Flabort; I also would have shot you if you hadn't been lynched.

Enjoyable!  A slow start, but it got interesting.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 17, 2014, 11:35:04 pm »

Also, I'd like to add the disclaimer that all of my actions and claims were actually significantly more thought-through than they seemed.  I knew the martyr claim had no chance of success, my only role from then on was to cause as much WIFOM and chaos as possible. And it would have worked too, if it hadn't been for those meddling kids...

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 17, 2014, 11:44:59 pm »

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Night Actions (click to show/hide)

Overall, not a perfect game, not a Webadict-quality game, but not a bad game either, I think.  Some inexperienced mod mistakes were made (see the wincon issue, or flabort's target's powers) (I should have checked the target's powers after the roll), but the game seemed to go well.  Most of the roles worked out pretty well, I think.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 18, 2014, 12:07:53 am »

Sorry, TolyK, I feel responsible for causing your lynched. I blocked you so I could protect you, but that backfired.

Also, town was kind of moronic for lynching you. It was fairly obvious that I blocked you, but no one seemed to notice that.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 18, 2014, 01:11:36 am »

well cool new experience for me, i did some not so legit mistake too :P i was wondering how people deal with newbie, and i post about not knowing the mafia chat on purpose to see the reaction. I dont think i can get away with something like that again anyway :P
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 18, 2014, 03:04:41 am »

Sorry, TolyK, I feel responsible for causing your lynched. I blocked you so I could protect you, but that backfired.

Also, town was kind of moronic for lynching you. It was fairly obvious that I blocked you, but no one seemed to notice that.
's all right. I'd preferred it would've happened only one night, though.

But seriously, that was the quickest I was ever lynched and for such silly reasons. Just a "fail to deliver" based on peoples' expectations.
And I turned out to be (mostly) right. Minor moral victory as well. :)

GG.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 18, 2014, 03:40:14 am »

I should have known better when to do nothing. Gotta work on my neutral jing.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 18, 2014, 07:50:20 am »

I thought it was pretty good, Jack.  I liked my role- it could catch out liars in a mass claim, and I had one chance to eliminate a suspect as well.

i post about not knowing the mafia chat on purpose to see the reaction.

That was an incredible move on your part, then.  If that's true and you were scum, you would have singlehandedly won the game from that.

I'll never trust you again!

I should have known better when to do nothing. Gotta work on my neutral jing.

Randomizes are really an odd ability for a survivor, since there's little way your ability can actually help you.  Would you have just told the Mafia to double a vote on someone and then hammer them?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30