Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]

Author Topic: Jack's Simple BYOR: Game over! Town win!  (Read 50627 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR: Game over! Town win!
« Reply #435 on: July 18, 2014, 08:04:53 am »

I certainly wouldn't have given a survivor a randomise, but you've gotta play the hand you're dealt...

I would have played it by ear, and hammered if I had the opportunity. In a closed set up, even when you think it's the end, it might not be, so I might not have pressed any plan.

Also, the scum team were hyper-suicidal in this! Wolf was claiming like it was going out of fashion, Deathsword drew unnecessary attention to himself and EPenguin snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 18, 2014, 08:38:10 am »

I certainly wouldn't have given a survivor a randomise, but you've gotta play the hand you're dealt...

I would have played it by ear, and hammered if I had the opportunity. In a closed set up, even when you think it's the end, it might not be, so I might not have pressed any plan.

Also, the scum team were hyper-suicidal in this! Wolf was claiming like it was going out of fashion, Deathsword drew unnecessary attention to himself and EPenguin snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
My claim D1 was to avert suspicion D2, which it did until NQT found out he was a survivor too. Then I invoked plan 2, which I had already been setting up for, which was claim martyr and WIFOM the town.

I have no idea why Deathsword spazzed out at the end.

Damn it Penguin, we handed you an easy victory :P.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 18, 2014, 08:40:11 am »

It was bold, fun play: I always appreciate outrageous gambits, but perhaps on reflection it might have been easier if y'all had just not drawn attention to yourselves in the first place.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 18, 2014, 08:43:46 am »

I was 100% certain it was Deathsword and EPenguin once Silthuri claimed being blocked; I knew there was no way the scum team would kill NQT, so the usage of his one-shot had to have been the cause of his death.  Convincing the other two may have been hard (though Varee should have claimed that he tracked the kill) but there was no shaking me at that point.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 18, 2014, 08:47:22 am »

It was bold, fun play: I always appreciate outrageous gambits, but perhaps on reflection it might have been easier if y'all had just not drawn attention to yourselves in the first place.
We were setting it up for EPenguin to win the game by taking fire ourselves. I had already drawn attention to myself, the only thing I could do was claim survivor and lay low (which almost worked) or try and give my scumbuddies a get-out-of-jail-free card.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 18, 2014, 09:47:19 am »

We were pretty much setting up EPenguin to be a ultimate hero figure. Too bad about the slip.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 18, 2014, 10:10:56 am »

He did look fairly townie going in to it, but too bad he was scum by process of elimination.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PTDfun

• Bay Watcher
  • Blob...
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 18, 2014, 12:02:36 pm »

Good game guys.
Wand of Not Touching - The target thinks they have been poked. Range of one cm.
I want one of these.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 18, 2014, 04:27:41 pm »

I'm not sure how many of you remember/saw the game, but I've actually pulled the strategic quick hammer as scum before, much like Deathsword did here. And, as with here, it turned out poorly.

EPenguin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 18, 2014, 05:09:42 pm »

Good game guys. It's a shame about these last couple of days. If deathsword & I had been patient, tolyK would have been lynched, but we really didn't need to hammer like that. Screwing up my target also messed things up. If I had done it right, it would have been my word against toaster & win was conceivable. But alas it was not so.

Close game, good job Town. Good job deathsword & 4mask.

PTDfun, thanks for pulling me into this game. It's a shame you couldn't stay any longer than you did. This is a good place to play.

I don't know when If/when I'll play another game, but I'll consider this site it if I'm wanting to play mafia. So long & thanks for all the fish!

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 20, 2014, 12:01:11 am »

'Twas a fun game indeed. I'd play again if the chance arose.

So long & thanks for all the fish!
Aaaand now it's stuck in my head again.  :P

But seriously, good game everyone! It was a close one!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 20, 2014, 01:08:22 pm »

Back! Cool beans, looks like I didn't win while I was dead.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]