Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The tale of Essk, the Concrete Girl.  (Read 1120 times)

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
The tale of Essk, the Concrete Girl.
« on: July 19, 2014, 02:42:20 pm »

So, this is the tale of the Essk Mosslizards, AKA Concrete Girl. She was more than a simple companion.

It was the beggining of the tale of my hero. I was at a keep, trying to find better weapons and armor (Found a iron morningstar and a copper breastplate). And then, i decided to explore the keep underground, but first, i recruited two soldiers: A random guy with a mace and Essk, the Crossbowgirl. We got down to the keep underground, found our first gobbo. He was fast, fast enough to decapitate the random guy and make Essk crawl around with her broken legs. I was enraged and made the gobbo suffer, bashing his head with my morningstar. As i saw Essk was badly injured, i didn't even think she could survive, as she was bleeding a lot. I got out of the dungeon and tried to find a quest. But the, the unxepected: Essk was alive, crawling around but alive! I found a lot of quests, 98% of them was to kill bandits, goblins, cave fish man, everyone was at the sewers or at the church underground. Finnaly, i got into a quest to kill a vampire whose was at a hamlet, killed him, with the incredible aid of Essk, who shoot at him at the head, tearing his brain apart. After that, we did more quests, killing naked retarded people werebeasts and vampires. She eventually ran out of ammo, but still, she could bash people leg, and she did it very well! I eventually became a hero at the eyes of the town, and i was sent to talk to a guy at a fortress, that was VERY far from that. I recruited a lot of soldiers, and as i didn't want to lose Essk at the middle of them, i nicknamed her as the "Concrete Girl", because damn! She was tough! We set off to the fortress, to talk with the guy. Unfortunately, we got ambushed by the tree-hugging-hippies: The elfs. They were many, killed everyone, except for someone: The Concrete Girl. As i bled to death, she knocked out and bashed the crap out of the elfs, who were badly injured after the fight. I eventually died of heavy bleeding, but there is one question who is left unanswered: Did Essk, the mighty Concrete Girl, die?

So, this was my most badass companion, and what was your? (Sorry about all the english errors, it's not my native language)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: The tale of Essk, the Concrete Girl.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 03:22:27 pm »

I had not a single companion, but a mighty group I gathered while travelling through the realm. Most of new recruits died, especially before I became legendary in the art of combat, but several people from the first city I visited lived on. They outlived the recruits that came after them, outlived hardened veterans that reached legendary status as well, but lost their lives to bolts, arrows, goblin swarms and dragonbreath. When I finished exploration of the world, they became so tough that only Underworld (and arrows from behind) could prove a decent challenge. And, you know, they survived it. From fifteen legendaries and few fresh recruits I had, four people remained - the most hardened and lucky NPC badasses you may come across.

Zostra the Contested Incense of Wires, pikemaster, second only to myself both in stats and skills, 105 notables & 42 demons
Nganiz the Vanished Dyes of Sheltering, axemaster, the most fearsome human, 114 notables (note that he started a week or two after Zostra) & 44 demons
Sekel the Fair Delights of Euphoria, elite bowman and living legend, 44 notables (including bronze colossus bisected with an arrow) & 56 demons
Leto the Famous Brilliance-Incident of Myth, master lasher, luckiest and oldest adventurer still alive (73 years), 94 notables & 14 demons (whip is not ideal against big enemies)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 03:27:40 pm »

That is just plain awesome, dude.

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 03:45:00 pm »

Not really badass companions, but I had picked up twiddle dumb and twiddle dumber from a human keep. Right off the bat they spit at each other as we travel and im like settle down ladies. When we approach a town they go into full out battle trying to kill each other ignoring my pleas to yield and cease hostilities. One of them got owned by the other knocked unconcious. This put their battle in a neverending loop - X attack glances off Y's helmet ad infinum. So I left town and they didn't follow. Legend has it X is still having his attacks glance off Y's head as we speak.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 03:53:07 pm »

Yeah, not that badass but still, pretty cool. This game never cease to amaze us.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 04:02:52 pm »

I still remember the surgeon I picked up who killed a bunch of goblins and bandits in 1-2 shots with his boning knife. He was awesome.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 04:15:46 pm »

So why you didn't give her more bolts?

I mean, in current version you can give npcs stuff <_<

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 04:18:44 pm »

You could have found out if she died. If you keep pressing the direction keys the game progresses on

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 04:19:42 pm »

I was playing at the 2012 version , i didin't like the new one, it was way too buggy for me.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 04:22:03 pm »

I was playing at the 2012 version , i didin't like the new one, it was way too buggy for me.

Ah, ok

I don't myself have awesome companion stories. Either I get unlucky and die before my companions(like bandit overlords with crossbow bolt to neck/forehead) or they die one by one before I finally die(like nightcreatures who are surprisingly accurate with meat cleaver).

There was that one time I went underground to recruit reptilemen which was pretty awesome, but I don't remember if reptilemen themselves were any good

...I wonder if you can still do that in current version... Hmm...