Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: Incursion (open source) play & development  (Read 79666 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Incursion (open source) play & development
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2014, 02:18:36 am »

Not particularly. About the most extra you can do is stealth a bit, barring burning some feats (or going halfling or something) and trying a bit of diplomacy. Conceptually, you could burn a feat (or go human) to pick up use magic, if you managed to get a useful perk wand, but... monks are kinda' punchy.

You've got a little ranged capability via chakram, but it's not exactly much.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2014, 02:49:40 am »

PTW even if I don't play Inc at the moment

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2014, 05:07:29 pm »

Powered two wheelers?
If you are providing a save file to reproduce an Incursion bug, please compress it and attach it to an issue on the bitbucket site.  I recommend 7zip for compression.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2014, 05:08:27 pm »

Powered two wheelers?
Posting to watch.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2014, 06:49:26 am »

Did I see dependencies updated and Inc being moddable??

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2014, 07:54:33 pm »

Did I see dependencies updated and Inc being moddable??
The recent changes are mainly removing most of the compilation warnings, which also fixed about three real bugs along the way and which I stupidly did not keep track of.  Using & instead of && and similar.  Or using >> instead of <<.  And also providing the tool to allow modifying the IncursionScript grammar, and I've used this to extend the language in a minor way.  But the game was already moddable through the IncursionScript language, which could already be used to define a new module and to add races and so forth.
If you are providing a save file to reproduce an Incursion bug, please compress it and attach it to an issue on the bitbucket site.  I recommend 7zip for compression.

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Incursion (open source) 0.6.9Y12 UNSTABLE
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2014, 03:25:34 am »

An updated download is available on bitbucket: 0.6.9Y12.

This specific release is not known to be unstable, but most of the changes included are ones that need to get done to move forward.  It is possible that because there were so many, some may have been done in a way that creates new bugs.  It is intended that people who wish to, can play with this version and help work out if there are any problems before releasing the next version as a stable one.  The next stable release may be done in two versions, the standard release, and a modder's release.  If the modder's release interests you, please speak up.  It will include the scripts and the ability to recompile the Halls of the Goblin King module, as well as to write your own.

There are no new features being added to releases.  If a release is unstable, please download the preceding release and use that instead.  I'd like to offer refunds to any purchasers of the problematic release, please proceed to the counter with your receipt.  Thank you, come again!

Changes:
  • This release is an interim one.  Hundreds of compiler warnings were fixed, and while most were benign explicit type casting, three were bugs.  Do not ask me what they were, as I was too stupid to note them down, and they are hidden amongst all the others.  These changes are possibly unstable, and might cause this release to be unreliable.
  • I recreated the missing accent compiler compiler source code.  This allows changes to the IncursionScript language.
  • Added typing support to the IncursionScript grammar for things like int8, int16 and so forth.  Previously all data typing was int32.  This was primarily to remove the warnings when compiling the generated IncursionScript engine to game engine method and function call access API code.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2014, 07:07:22 am »

Although I've already thanked you before, this is phenomenal work chooseusername and is very much appreciated.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2014, 08:08:48 am »

Indeed, it's an amazing work !

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2014, 08:22:00 am »

Yep, I say go all out going forward as you've definitely got this thing screaming in a good direction.  In other words---steady as it goes.   8)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2014, 11:09:22 pm »

Soooo, about what % of this game is finished? Because it looks super complex, but at times it feels like it should have ten times what it does, like there are big gaps in the game. Probably because I cannot look up what things do. Wiki is barren.

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2014, 02:40:21 am »

Soooo, about what % of this game is finished?
No idea.  The game can be played to completion.  So 100% and less than 100% both at the same time.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2014, 07:20:52 am »

Ultimately, the easiest way to reckon such a thing would come down to system by system in terms of actually implemented/coded and what bugs may be relative to it aside from outright shining dreams like a complete and utter destruction of Crash bugs and other things on that level that take folks out of the game:  IE, the state of Spellcasting, Pantheon wranglings, Ranged Weaponry, etc.  Incursion is pretty well a freaky Gestalt-thing as is, so yeah.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2014, 07:46:18 am »

Woow, I'd ask for a modder release but then it'd steal the last of my time I should be using to continue working on Veins... and I still don't understand neither C nor Inc...

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2014, 11:02:01 pm »

If anyone plays Y12, and finds it to be as stable and no more buggy than Y11, please post BTW.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24