Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: Incursion (open source) play & development  (Read 79669 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Incursion (open source) play & development
« Reply #285 on: March 08, 2015, 10:56:55 pm »

I would say it's very playable, chooseusername did an amazing job at stabilizing the game.

I can't say much on the endgame part as so far i always make a stupid mistake at some point with every of my characters and have them meet their doom in usually painful ways, so the endgame part is still unexplored territory for me, but i'm still trying and always enjoy my run with it.

But all in all very well worth playing , the unique atmosphere and the indepth D&D feeling of the game system is still very solid , and now it's very stable, it's just fantastic.

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 09, 2015, 02:03:23 pm »

Sweet, I'll get it a go again. As far as the endgame in rogues, I never make it until a long time has passed + I no longer let impatience dictate my actions heh

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 15, 2015, 02:30:10 am »

There's a crash bug which I cannot reproduce.  If anyone can give it a shot and can make it happen, hopefully you'll let me know how.
If you are providing a save file to reproduce an Incursion bug, please compress it and attach it to an issue on the bitbucket site.  I recommend 7zip for compression.

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 15, 2015, 02:31:43 am »

Also, if anyone is considering fixing bugs and looking at the issues, don't ignore the ones assigned to me.  I do that as a default setting.  They're fine to work on, just add a comment mentioning you're working on it..
If you are providing a save file to reproduce an Incursion bug, please compress it and attach it to an issue on the bitbucket site.  I recommend 7zip for compression.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 15, 2015, 07:05:45 am »

I can't manage to reproduce the reported bug, when i'm in the feats list i press ? ( shift + , for my keyboard ) then after a second the help panel appears, then i press Escape to go back to the feat lists without problems, i did that dozen of times in a row to see if repeating the process would lead into crash but still it works without problems.

The oddest thing in the report is the mention of the feats in column that are in grey text.
For me the feats are all using a yellow colored text, only the unavailable feats are in grey and aren't even listed by default i need to enable their display first.
I tried the ? then escape with the unavailable feats enabled to see if it had to do with the crash, but still no problem.

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 15, 2015, 04:38:04 pm »

I can't manage to reproduce the reported bug, when i'm in the feats list i press ? ( shift + , for my keyboard ) then after a second the help panel appears, then i press Escape to go back to the feat lists without problems, i did that dozen of times in a row to see if repeating the process would lead into crash but still it works without problems.

The oddest thing in the report is the mention of the feats in column that are in grey text.
For me the feats are all using a yellow colored text, only the unavailable feats are in grey and aren't even listed by default i need to enable their display first.
I tried the ? then escape with the unavailable feats enabled to see if it had to do with the crash, but still no problem.
I think the grey feats are the ones in the help document.  Still, nice to get some feedback it's not easy to reproduce.  Thanks for trying.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 16, 2015, 02:49:40 am »

I can't reproduce the bug either. Even tried pressing Shift+/ when the cursor was on Show all feats...

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 16, 2015, 09:25:13 pm »

I can't reproduce the bug either. Even tried pressing Shift+/ when the cursor was on Show all feats...
Excellent, let's call that a result.  Will downgrade the issue to minor, with a note, and when someone who can give usable reproducibility instructions comes along it'll be a problem for that day.

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 22, 2015, 04:04:05 pm »

I very like Incursion Hall of the Goblin King but i have a VERY BIG problem: I am unable to launch the game using WINZIP or 7ZIP because it says " the program cannot run because libdcod.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling to fix the problem" I tried but it says all the same. However I was able to launch the game using WINRAR (since windows cannot open .7z files all by alone and after certain point WINRAR does not allow saves i'd rather use .zip files if possible) But it often crashed after some point and it cannot save the game or open options menu since WINRAR cannot access saves or options menu. What i am doing wrong? How do i make incusion work using 7Z or WINZIP? Why it doesn't real libdtcod.dll And if i cannot launch the game i downloaded what's the point of playing it?

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 22, 2015, 04:05:05 pm »

Oh and real meant read.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 22, 2015, 11:57:13 pm »

Are you trying to run the game in a zipped archive? Try unzipping it before running; compressed files generally work very poorly.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 23, 2015, 08:40:31 am »

Judging from what he wrote, I think he's trying to run the game in a zipped archive indeed. Unpack it first.

Polish:
Piotr, rozpakuj grę najpierw a potem ją włączaj!

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 23, 2015, 02:21:25 pm »

That would work with .zip Files but that's a .7z zipfile AND I HAVE ABSOLUETLY NO KNOWLEDGE OF .7Z UNZIPPING! Internet surfing revealed info too complicated for me to understand. HELP!
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???   
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 23, 2015, 03:15:29 pm »

THE ABOVE QUESTION HAS BEEN SOLVED MY MYSELF. But The game cannot open options, and it cannot save and it can't open gallery file. Someone knows how to fix that?

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 24, 2015, 09:51:53 am »

Apparently the lack of anwer means that i (having my nonexistant coding skills) must figure out myself which will take YEAAAAAARS
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24