Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Author Topic: Incursion (open source) play & development  (Read 79658 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Incursion (open source) play & development
« Reply #300 on: March 24, 2015, 09:57:30 am »

Well, you know, I'd like to try and help, but to be honest, I don't understand what the problem is. Could you try to describe it better, or provide a screenshot?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 24, 2015, 10:29:06 am »

two things come to mind, it is in a location it can't write to(try putting it in the documents folder if it isn't there already) or it was extracted wrong...  with 7zip it should just be right click->7zip->extract here

Someone64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 27, 2015, 09:03:17 am »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wbe3lxru0wg2xiu/Denoin.sav

If you go to the top left corner of the room and run to the right you can watch as he runs in circles along the edges for all eternity. Quite amusing.

Also, due to the way the game handles encounters it's possible to die from waking up to a bunch of land salmon. I escaped a pool full of them and then rested nearby it (not near enough for anything to jump out of the pool and kill me) but woke up to 2 of them flapping around on the ground biting me, after which I died.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:51:25 pm by Someone64 »

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 30, 2015, 04:44:00 pm »

Anyone got any ideas for what to do with the Incursion web site?  I've now got all three domain names, and it's hosted on my hostmonster account.
If you are providing a save file to reproduce an Incursion bug, please compress it and attach it to an issue on the bitbucket site.  I recommend 7zip for compression.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 31, 2015, 06:31:39 am »

You could get us to send you some screenshots and set up a gallery and a big announcement pointing to the newest downloads and/or issue tracker.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 05, 2015, 01:07:47 pm »

What is the name of the font that the game uses? I like how many symbols it has...

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 08, 2015, 02:17:39 am »

What is the name of the font that the game uses? I like how many symbols it has...
Julian has made a new licensing announcement which names it.
I disavow all legal rights associated with the small supply of customized ASCII characters used by the game (the elf, dwarf, halfling, etc.) icons and release them under the same licenses as above to whatever extent I'm legally able to do so. The original glyphs are a screencap of a Microsoft font, however, so my ability to license them is dubious. I would recommend that developers that want to cross legal T's and dot legal I's make new, similar glyphs from an open-license console font.
If you are providing a save file to reproduce an Incursion bug, please compress it and attach it to an issue on the bitbucket site.  I recommend 7zip for compression.

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 08, 2015, 10:26:54 pm »

A new Incursion roguelike web site has gone up.  This is intended to address the problem of the old web site not pointing people towards the new releases.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 09, 2015, 06:53:01 am »

Loving the site, will probably mail you some screenshots as soon as I get the next MA draft out :)

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 10, 2015, 03:51:32 pm »

Loving the site, will probably mail you some screenshots as soon as I get the next MA draft out :)
Cheers.  Sure, screenshots appreciated!  The current ones are 800x600 display, so ideally any received should be the same size.  Or enough should be provided at the different resolution that the old ones can be put aside.

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #310 on: May 10, 2015, 08:02:54 pm »

I like how you kept a link to the technical whitepaper on the new site. That paper was one of the things that really got me interested in roguelike development.

From a design perspective, though, hiding the menu links behind a single icon in the top right is not so easy to find (for me). I've been to the site a couple times lately and didn't even notice it until I combed every bit of the design. Maybe the point of that is to make it more mobile friendly?
Cogmind - Sci-fi Roguelike (devblog) | X@COM - The X-COM RL | REXPaint - ASCII art editor | Patreon

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 13, 2015, 03:05:23 am »

I like how you kept a link to the technical whitepaper on the new site. That paper was one of the things that really got me interested in roguelike development.

From a design perspective, though, hiding the menu links behind a single icon in the top right is not so easy to find (for me). I've been to the site a couple times lately and didn't even notice it until I combed every bit of the design. Maybe the point of that is to make it more mobile friendly?
There's a different menu icon for mobile and desktop.  Desktop is "Menu =" and mobile is "=".  I'll make it a different colour, or something, once I've finished the new Imaginary Realities web site.

esran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 03, 2015, 10:21:39 pm »

Is there currently any way to redeem fallen paladins? Becoming good again doesn't seem to help.

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 09, 2015, 07:40:17 pm »

Is there currently any way to redeem fallen paladins? Becoming good again doesn't seem to help.
No.  Behold:
Code: [Select]
// TODO(unimplemented): Paladin atonement.
void Character::PaladinAtone() {
}
How can one atone for such a thing?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 10, 2015, 02:55:08 pm »

Historically a matter of great penance and performing a suicidally dangerous act in service of the church...  How to implement that ingame, I'unno...  Probably something god-related.

Potentially add in some kind of special transgression event where it spawns a deadly enemy, relevant to the particular paladin's god, somewhere in the level and you need to hunt it down and slaughter it?  Also probably some form of penance/sacrifice.  First thing that comes to mind in that sense would be losing money, but...  Money isn't that big a deal in Inc, really.  And losing your magical items would potentially be a game-ender in and of itself.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24