Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: LeBron's Shut up and Slam - Yui No Gaiden! [An Actual Plan is Happening II]  (Read 25832 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WARNING: THIS GAME IS CANON

It is the Year of our Lord Clispaeth: 2058.

Basketball is illegal.

Years ago, B-Ballers were the champions of society, the spectacular heroes that reached superhuman levels of Strength, Agility, Brain and Attitude. The game of Basketball was the ultimate test of skill and determination, a culmination of the most fantastic feats on the sacred Court.
That is, until the 2043 Nicks-Rockets Championship Game.

With two seconds on the clock and the Rockets down 118-119, Charles Barkley utilized the ultimate verboten slam, the Chaos Dunk. While this instantly won Barkley the game, the raw magnitude of the Dunk was strong enough to destroy both teams, the refs, the announcers, the court, the spectators, Barkley's wife, the stadium, and all of Manhattan while severely damaging the rest of New York City. Consequently, the government outlawed the game of Basketball, labeling it as an illicit activity which would foster death and chaos by the dark art of "Slamming and Jamming". Courts were demolished, street ballers were attacked by mobs, basketballs, jerseys, and Jordans were subject to huge bonfires.
The culiminaiton of anti-basketball was The Purge, the genocide of professional b-ballers.

Most NBA players will killed outright, the rest given lifelong sentences on prison spaceships such as the Necron 5. Some past stars turned coat and became vehement in their anti-basketball campaigns, the most shocking turn being Micheal Jordan, considered to possibly be the greatest b-baller of all time, attained the position of Head Commissioner Against Basketball and B-ball Related Activities. Jordan let Charles Barkley live, not out of pity, but to let Charles suffer as he watched Basketball disappear from the Earth, living the rest of his life in regret of the Chaos Dunk, now residing in Neo New York, rebuilt from the city that Charles had razed.

Then in 2058, Barkley had to flee as a sudden Second Chaos Dunk destroyed Neo-Manhatten, one that he had nothing to do with, but was still framed regardlessly.

A lot of stuff happened after that.

Charles Barkley pursued a series of evidence that led him to Necron 5, where he managed to finally kill Michael Jordon, and subsequently discovered that Shadow Barkley, a manifestation of all of his hatred and vengeance, had been the one who performed the Second Chaos Dunk. Shadow Barkley requested his counterpart join him as one to destroy the Earth and rebuild it as a true Basketball Utopia, but Charles saw through this ploy only as an attempt for the darkness to engulf his heart, brain, soul, and other vestigial organs. After a fight which lasted over 8 minutes, Barkley sacrificed himself to perform  the Ultimate Chaos Dunk, obliterating Shadow Barkley and Necron 5. The world was safe once again.

5 Years later, the word of Barkley's tale has spread throughout the land. Several underground radical groups have sprung up, protesting the government's policy of Anti-Basketball. It is also the time that several otherwise regular citizens of United States Region 47NXA, under the reign of Governor-Prince Julian Nitros Obusha were awaken one night by the spirit of LeBron James, telling them all to convene in the basement of Xu Yi Shi's Tavern, a local landmark.

This is where their saga of death and life, tears and laughter, slams and jams, will all begin...

Balling:

Hey y'all, it's time to Jam. This revamp of the classic Basketball JRPG will tell the story of a party of otherwise unrelated folk coming together in a meeting of F.A.T.E., embarking on the Quest for the 8 Shards of the Miami Heat 2013 Championship Victory Basketball, an open-world journey that will take them all the way from the bustling metropolis of Neo-Atlanta, Neo-Georgia, to the eery desolation of Adamsville, Neo-Georgia, and maybe some other places too. Possibly.

Slamming:

The game plays like an open-world RPG; you've got your Inns, Items, Bad Fanart, all of it. You explore, do quests, talk to some freaks, try to find meaning in life, all while on this big-ass quest for the 8 Shards. Y'all know.
First time doing a Forum Roleplaying Game? Well, if you ain't busy learnin', you get busy dyin'.

The Dice Outcomes in this game will be hidden. Woooo, Secrets. The GM Dice System that will be used for this game includes: D20, D10, D6, D4, D1, D100, D1000, Sunny-D, D12 Feat. Eminem & Doctor Dre, Roulette Simulators, Horse Racing Simulators, Slot Machine Simulators, Simulator Simulators, Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flips, Ouija Boards and Calling a Friend (one use per lifeline.) Of course, such a complex, kid-tested parent-approved system must have its true mechanics and outcomes known to only myself, in addition to my disciples. After all, "A Great GM never explains his tricks."

Battles will be fought in neo-classical optimal JRPG Fashion, with each character, player and enemy, performing an action to be completed in a battle turn-phase.
Health isn't listed in qualitative numbers, but rather general conditions such as "Fine", "Slightly Hurt", "Wounded", "Bleeding Profusely", "About to Die", and "Straight Up Gangsta'." Why this way instead of just numbers? As you can probably already tell, I'm trying to keep this game as realistically lifelike as possible.
Each character can aid themselves by equipping Weapons to extend damage output, Clothes to soften received blows and Bling to show off tacky jewelry.
All characters always have the option to do regular fighting stuff that anyone could perform; punches, kicks, grabs, throws, take-downs, anything a regular bozo off the street would know from watching a few action movies. However, each class has their own unique Techniques and Stratagems  which they can use during a battle turn-phase, which will be listed below.
When a battle concludes, player characters will be rewarded with Experience, which levels their character up, and Neo-Shekels, the game's primary currency. Occasional, items may also be dropped as battle loot.

Each character has Attributes dependent on their Level, Class, and Race. These are the Major Attributes, though some lesser used, secret, nuanced Attributes also exist:

Strength - The raw damage potential your character has. Determines the extent to which targeted enemies will *Oof!* and *Barf*
Vitality - Toughness, willpower; shows off your skill in taking pain and injury without dying and how many Screwballs you can down when cute girls are watching.
Agility - Movement and general physical slickness. Handles turn-phase initiative as well as dodging.
Brains - Smartitude, measured by an objective scale like an IQ Test or a Puzzle Book. Also, overall ability you can do magic, cast spells and other pagan rituals.
Accuracy - Can you hit it sucka'?
BP - Short for Basketball Points, used to perform Stratagems.
Hidden Attributes - Wouldn't be hidden if I told you them right off the bat. They'll come up later.

During fights, certain Ailments can appear that tamper with Attributes. Many different types exist, but only these ones continue to persist post-battle:

Dysentery: Gradually chips away at your Health allowing you to empathize with the billions of settlers that died on the Oregon Trail. Cured by Joints.
Scurvy: Arrr matey, you won't be movin' fast with this 'rusement! Cured by Flintstones Vitamins.
Concussion: Brain damage would be a normal part of life if this were a Football RPG. Cured by Alcohol.
Glaucoma: Accuracy drops, Lil' Weezy gun-puns galore. Cured by Dip.
Polio: Lowers strength, too bad the vaccine was lost in the Cyberpockolypse. Cured by Steroids.

Jamming:

Each Occupation has its own varying levels of Attributes, as well as unique Technique and Stratagems. Upon Leveling up with enough Experience, Attributes increase, while new Techniques an Stratagems may be learned and/or old ones could be upgraded to be more powerful and efficient.
Each Occupation, as well as their initial T/S's from Level 1:
Spoiler: Baller (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zaubermancer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Non-Pacifist Monk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Guns'braster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Android (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ghost (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shinobi Technician (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Celtic Space Warlord (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ex-Intelligence Agent (click to show/hide)

Thank you ma'am:

You'll find out there's a lot to learn about the world's variety of semi-interesting fauna. Here are the Playable Races:

Human: The most populous and generic species as in every great JRPG every created. We're the best after all, right behind Deities and Nekomimis.

Furries: Technology has finally gotten to the point where all your dreams of being a salamander-wolf-centaur can finally become true. Don't expect everyone to take you seriously at first.

B-Ball Mutants: Exposure to immense radiation of negative B-Ball energy has turned victims into hulking b-ball mutants, with their limbs replaced with balls and their skin transformed into orange rubber interspliced with black lines. A horrible fate, but they're always armed!

Duregar: A species of Dwarves that live deep underground, known for their work ethic, low intelligence and innate skill to dual-wield any weapons. Duregar's strive to have a constant supply of their must precious commodities; Rubies, Dunkaroos and Patriotic Quilts. Duregar's are eternal enemies with Genies, a race that only exist to take away Duregar civil rights.

Cyberdwarf: A total different Dwarven species that tend to live solitary lives, preferring to spend time on their spaceships and study the cosmos, though some have landed on Earth, intentionally or not.

Dragonkin: "I'm serious dude, totally part of the group. My grand-grandmother was half-dragon you see, which makes me at least like, an eighth. What? No I can't breath fire, racist asshole."

Sludge Elves: These swamp-based beings live in the swamp, subsisting off of tar. They tend
On second thought, fuck these guys.

Others: I trust that y'all know some interesting species? That's cool, just provide a brief explanation and I'll see if I can work it into the in-game world. One rule: No Sludge Elves.

Make Yourself Before You Break Yourself :

Name: In absence of government-provided name, best street nickname.
Age: Due to Child Labor Laws from the union, no one under 13.
Race: Take your pick, or make your own. No Sludge Elves.

Apperance: How you actually look, not a description of that cute Asian girl you pretend to be online.
Backstory: What school did you go to, what hood you grew up in. That stuff.

Not first-come-first-served, the best, most creative, thought-out, straight ballin' slam jammin' sheets will be selected. Everyone else will be put on the waitlist.

On The Court:

1. Harry Baldman (Doctor Bear)
2. lawastooshort (MC Nigel the Deadly Ninja Assassin, Shinobi Technician)
3. Greenstarfanatic (Rubric "Kitty-Kitty" Dao)
4. Xantalos (Krrosh Anvilhumper)
5. BlitzDungeoneer (Johnny Johnson the 2nd)
6. Tiruin (Sarah)

The Bench:

Shadestyle (Cyberdimention Wakka: 109)
Fr0stByt3 (Elise Malkovich)
UltraValican (Odie Oldman)
PrivateNomad (Agent 31)

Retried Players:
[Empty]
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:59:09 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

~Reserving dis'~
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Sheet somewhere else
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 04:43:15 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile

HOOPIN

Reservin

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Doctor Bear (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 02:48:55 pm by Harry Baldman »

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 12:04:16 pm by Kassire »
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

actually recall that reserve

creative things mean i shouldn't bother so ptw

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's GM's pick to get in, not first through the gate. No need to rush for reserves.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

It's GM's pick to get in, not first through the gate. No need to rush for reserves.

I know, I was just making a reserve to show interest and make a commitment!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know, I was just making a reserve to show interest and make a commitment!

You only need to jam once you slam.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

(Using "Straight Up Gangsta' as health, wonder if TCM is a fan of brutalmoose.)

Name: Clair Sweet
Race: Furries

Apperance: tbi
Backstory: tbi
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Basketball ._.
waahhh

Err..o_o
PTW.
Sorry TCM DX

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, this ought to be amusing. PTW.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Using "Straight Up Gangsta' as health, wonder if TCM is a fan of brutalmoose.)

"I was bleedin', and in pain, so I'd describe mah' overall condition as...good."
Basketball ._.
waahhh Err..o_o
PTW.
Sorry TCM DX

What's wrong?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

This seems... interesting.
Name: Johnny Johnson the 2nd
Race: Human

Appearance: Has black hair, which is spiky as per the rules of JRPGs, which state that all male main characters must have hair that looks like a bunch of spikes, a la hedgehog. Wears really dark sunshades, so as to hide his eyes (they're yellow). Has a light tan. Wears badass black longcoat at all times. Wears black shirt under the longcoat, and grey trousers. Has white boots, which are just that. Boots.

Backstory: Johnny's parents died of natural causes when he was 10, in that it was natural to die from multiple stab wounds. Before that , he had a fairly normal life. Since then, he has sworn vengeance on his parent's killer, and, since it was obviously the government that did it, play basketball while he was at it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 01:30:27 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14