Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: Pokemon Omicron Blind Epilogue  (Read 127904 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Omicron Blind Episode 51: His na-a-ame ain't important
« Reply #300 on: December 08, 2014, 01:33:38 pm »

And I think there was a gamebreaking bug of some sort in a recent version that this airdrop would have fixed? I don't really remember the details, I haven't been keeping up that well.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Omicron Blind Episode 51: His na-a-ame ain't important
« Reply #301 on: December 10, 2014, 02:25:51 pm »

Would have updated today, but Imgur/Chrome decided to derp halfway, and I'm freezing my ass off right now.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pokemon Omicron Blind Episode 52: Pierce the heavens
« Reply #302 on: December 13, 2014, 12:15:38 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Team (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Omicron Blind Episode 52: Pierce the heavens
« Reply #303 on: December 13, 2014, 06:27:12 pm »

Aurorus has Refrigerate as its ability which makes Normal moves Ice-type instead. Which normally is a benefit, since Ice is a good type and Aurorus gets STAB from it. Not so great against Fire, though.

Also, you can't make a comment about "I better get lots of money from this guy" and then not remember to check how much money he gave you! :-X

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 14, 2014, 11:38:18 am »

Aurorus has Refrigerate as its ability which makes Normal moves Ice-type instead. Which normally is a benefit, since Ice is a good type and Aurorus gets STAB from it. Not so great against Fire, though.
That's what I figured. Blaziken mostly survived due to double resistance.

Also, you can't make a comment about "I better get lots of money from this guy" and then not remember to check how much money he gave you! :-X
Too exhausted after the battle. :-[

Even so, I think I only spent about 200k on restocking, not counting Ultra Balls I needed later. I still had about 100k before Balls.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 14, 2014, 05:23:51 pm »

Also, turn order on turns where a Pokemon mega evolves is determined before the mega evolution takes place, so that's what happened with Mega Banette.

This game's plot is... really odd, contextually. People die left and right and it's barely addressed. You talk about it plenty, but it's still really, really odd.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 14, 2014, 06:08:05 pm »

Brendan clearly fell off the other side of the mountain.  ;D

Also, I'm just laughing at him for Mega-Evolving when he did: Trading in that Traced Water Absorb for Pixilate while fighting a Scald-using Vaporeon seems like a bad idea. (Yeah, I know: There are limits to what you can reasonably expect from the AI. Still funny.)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 14, 2014, 10:52:28 pm »

Also, turn order on turns where a Pokemon mega evolves is determined before the mega evolution takes place, so that's what happened with Mega Banette.

This is a big reason why Mega Banette isn't more widely-used in the real games - her status priority would be incredibly useful in certain matchups, and would make her the ultimate Taunting spin-blocker, if only it applied to her first attack.  :'(

That said, I'm kinda surprised that mechanic made it to Z/O. Given how glitchy their combat system can be at times, it's impressive they were accurate on this priority detail.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pokemon Omicron Blind Episode 53: Border crossing
« Reply #308 on: December 15, 2014, 02:25:41 pm »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Omicron Blind Episode 53: Border crossing
« Reply #309 on: December 15, 2014, 06:38:17 pm »

I think one of the reasons why death is so awkward in this series is because it goes from a game with no death, to a game with lots of death... but where death occurs with no gravity whatsoever... It just "happens".

A dragon devouring a helpless person right infront of a 10 year old just for pettiness? Sure! Person committing suicide out of pettiness? Sure!

But are these handled with the gravity you would expect from a Pokémon game? no

Is that was is so weird about it?

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 15, 2014, 11:56:48 pm »

Aww, you ditched ExtremeSpeed. It's such a good move!

And don't worry, there's nothing wrong with ending on a cliffhanger. So long as you don't leave us hanging too long...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 18, 2014, 02:19:35 pm »

Sadly, the cliffhanger will have to wait a few more days. Imgur does not want to cooperate with my netbook at the moment.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pokemon Omicron Blind Episode 54: Kingdom come
« Reply #312 on: December 20, 2014, 01:03:52 pm »

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 20, 2014, 01:28:29 pm »

The Oceania comment is a reference to 1984. Famous book; you should read it!

Interesting how levels start to matter less as they get higher. A team of level 12s could never have beaten 22s, but 82 to 92 seems much more even. Still, that was a bit of a level jump!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 20, 2014, 01:33:01 pm »

DUN DUN DUNNNNN

(oh yeah, also Heavy Slam is steel-type and Barbaracle is rock/water)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 07:36:43 am by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23