Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 209

Author Topic: Bay12 Courtroom: Thread Retired, New Thread Pending  (Read 241880 times)

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Courtroom: The Fantastical Turnabout
« Reply #2490 on: October 12, 2015, 09:02:16 pm »

You beautiful piece of citrus.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: October 14, 2015, 08:27:57 pm »

"Indeed."
((Tawa: Autopsy report, arrest record, whatever else.  Autopsy shows death by, arrest record has x on FITR's person, x found on the scene...))

"It's already in the record. It's just that you defense attorneys can never seem to remember most of it's there."

Gun added to the Court Record.

((That was how I always rationalized the "surprise evidence" element, anyway. Godot explicitly states in Bridge to the Turnabout that he had to check all of his evidence with the court before the trial started; Phoenix always seemed pretty absent-minded, so it wasn't much of a stretch for him to forget that most of the evidence was there.))
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: October 14, 2015, 08:29:40 pm »

"I decked Von Karma don't think I won't do the same to you. And this is rather interesting..."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: October 14, 2015, 08:35:41 pm »

"The defense requests the autopsy report and the arrest report read into the record.
Off the record, we just got this case and I haven't had time to go over this stuff yet.  Nor is our GM being helpful and telling us any, say, key points hint hint hint.  Further, excuse my current partner's... impetuosity."
Tawarochir, it is rather impossible to defend if we do not know the specific allegations against the defendant.  If we're defending our client on the basis that he couldn't have done it in the dining room with a candlestick, and the state of the evidence in your head is about how he did or didn't do it in the pool room with the revolver...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: October 14, 2015, 08:37:40 pm »

"They'll tell everything once the case starts newbie. Just relax. The Defense is ready, your honor."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: October 14, 2015, 08:40:15 pm »

"Yes, we said we were ready.  The request stands."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: October 14, 2015, 08:42:09 pm »

"It's a murder charge. They think FITR killed Detective Gumshoe. They're wrong and we're here to prove it."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: October 14, 2015, 08:42:42 pm »

"The defense requests the autopsy report and the arrest report read into the record."

"They are in the record."

"The defendant was found on the scene of the crime shortly after the victim's death, clad in metal gauntlets, whose markings match the scratches on the handle of the firearm. No signs of anything else capable of firearm operation were found on the scene of the crime."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: October 14, 2015, 08:51:37 pm »

"The defense queries whether said metal gauntlets would accurately reproduce the pattern of scratches seen on the firearm, should a similar firearm be produced and tested.  Correlation does not necessarily imply causation."
Sigtext

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: October 14, 2015, 08:55:12 pm »

"But FITR could not have done this. He has an alibi for the time of the murder!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: October 14, 2015, 08:56:23 pm »

"Indeed, that as well.  As my colleague points out, FITR was in a meeting, which would presumably be corroborated by the judge he was meeting with, during the 12:00-12:30 time of death."
Sigtext

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: October 14, 2015, 09:08:13 pm »

"The defense queries whether said metal gauntlets would accurately reproduce the pattern of scratches seen on the firearm, should a similar firearm be produced and tested.  Correlation does not necessarily imply causation."

"We aren't incompetent, you know. Of course we've tested that."
"But FITR could not have done this. He has an alibi for the time of the murder!"

"Oh, no, he doesn't. Why don't I call in the head detective on the case? He can summarize what happened more accurately than me."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: October 14, 2015, 09:09:30 pm »

"Certainly, call the detective, but have we not corroborated the meeting with the judge in question?  Would this not prove evidence enough?"

((Due to tired, I am not going to continue posting tonight.  I will post should anyone have done so between now and tomorrow morning, though.))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 09:14:25 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: October 14, 2015, 09:22:39 pm »

"Oh, hoh. I'm afraid that's not substantial at all. L! Get in here!"

"I heard I was... needed?"

"Yes. If you would please testify as to why the defendant is guilty?"

"..."
Cross-Examination

-- Case Summary --

"So... I'm the head detective on the case."
"I personally inspected the crime scene and all of the evidence, and interviewed the witnesses."
"The judge... has admitted that your friend there left, 'to go to the bathroom', at 12:20."
"He didn't come back for ten minutes."
"Based on this information and the evidence in the record, I'm 99% sure that FITR is the kirrar--er, killer.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: October 14, 2015, 09:27:03 pm »

"L.  FITR is the "kirrar"?  Not to imply I believe in Freud, but this must have SOME meaning for you to have said it in this situation.
Also.  Inspecting something personally does not preclude the possibility of falsification, misidentification, or simply missing something.  And you're hedging your bets.  99% sure, huh?  Who's in the other 1%?"
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 209