Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 209

Author Topic: Bay12 Courtroom: Thread Retired, New Thread Pending  (Read 235691 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Courtroom: The Last Stand
« Reply #2715 on: January 05, 2016, 05:35:39 pm »

"Well, there's always the declaration of mistrial.  Because all of these have been, if the villainous monologue is to be believed.

...Actually, the defense calls Pumaman."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Courtroom: Victory!
« Reply #2716 on: January 05, 2016, 05:43:14 pm »

This... was not good news. They had been fighting for the wrong side this whole case? Well, no matter. This was his client. He was GOING to make sure everything came out the way it was supposed to in the end.

"I concur. Bring Pumaman to the stand."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: January 05, 2016, 06:02:44 pm »

"Peh! The cases being connected is a mistrial? And this is in the court where we tried a Pokémon trainer for killing the villain of an edutainment game?"

"And you want to call your client to the stand? So be it."

"I... I confess. Everything Max said was true. I... I didn't think it would come to this... He was stalling activating Guilty Gear so I could get off the hook. But... but... It wasn't like I really wanted to do it that badly... but it felt like it was destiny!"

"It's okay, Pumaman. Your jail cell won't be that bad. And even mind-manipulating magic and such can't get you all the way off the hook. Sorry, pal."

Phoenix takes this opportunity to join you at the bench.

"Nnnn... ngh! D-don't you know what happens when you get a guilty verdict for your client? Unless they make themselves out to be an unsympathetic villain and have a horrifying psychotic breakdown, you'll revert to your last save point! REALITY WILL RESET! YOU'LL BE TRAPPED AT THIS TRIAL FOREVER!"

"N... not unless... No."

"You guys are old hands at this... you'll make it. You'll have to think outside the box for this one. But you can get your client off the hook... if you think about who the real guilty party is here. Not Galactica; somebody who can manipulate events beyond everybody's control. Somebody who you could shift all the blame for the crime to... THAT is the real guilty party."

Phoenix's speech fills you with determination.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: January 05, 2016, 06:07:03 pm »

"I just felt an Undertale reference.  Something makes me wonder..."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: January 05, 2016, 06:11:19 pm »

"No, it's not Flowey or anything like that."

"The answer is right in front of you... take a step back and look at the big picture."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: January 05, 2016, 06:14:19 pm »

"Wait, can we blame the GM?"
Sigtext

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Ultimate Turnabout
« Reply #2721 on: January 05, 2016, 06:30:15 pm »

This isn't a canonical Cornered piece, but it's what I imagine for the situation.
But if you're a stickler for that kind of thing.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, YOU FOOL?!"

"You... YOU BROKE THE FOURTH WALL!"

"I knew you'd get it."

You're not saying what I think you're saying, are you?

"...Hah! Seems I'm not destined to win today, either. Go for it."

"Do it! Make a formal accusation!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Courtroom: J'accuse: The GM
« Reply #2722 on: January 05, 2016, 06:40:17 pm »

"I accuse you, Tawarochir, of malicious plotting to cause murder, terrorism, and apparently littering!"
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Courtroom: J'accuse: The GM
« Reply #2723 on: January 05, 2016, 06:47:32 pm »

Fallacy looks up from his slumber, hearing cracks in the fourth wall.

"Sir, I believe you might be significantly endangering court security."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Courtroom: Any last words?
« Reply #2724 on: January 05, 2016, 07:05:36 pm »

But am I really guilty? You enjoyed all the killing, you know... you're the one playing the game.

Nah, I'm just messing with ya. Nice work. I was wondering what the best way to up the 'wow' factor of the last case would be, and I thought, aren't I sort of responsible for all the murders? And it just kind of grew from there. Since I figured that it would be a stretch to accuse me with no prodding, I thought it would be a good choice for the traditional endgame "I have to think outside the box, and approach things from a different angle!" moment.

Anyway, you can't really hand me into the cops, but I'll take the blame. Pumaman is off the hook, because he's clearly the best superhero ever.

"Ugh... man, what? What was that? Did you just trivialize my job by pinning the blame for everything on the GM?"

"Nah, our jobs are probably fine for the next chapter of the Bay12 Courtroom. GM fiat and all that."

"Well, that's a relief. I mean, like, alone, there's like three or four soundtracks from the games the GM hasn't even linked to yet, and all kinds of popular video games, films, and television shows he hasn't based cases on yet."

"Indeed. Now, by the wishes of the gamemaster, your client is to be given a 'Not Guilty' verdict on account of the bombing. Does the defense have anything left to say?"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Courtroom: The End
« Reply #2725 on: January 05, 2016, 07:08:09 pm »

"Not in the defense, but that was fucking weird."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: January 05, 2016, 07:12:20 pm »

"What else is new?"

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: January 05, 2016, 07:15:59 pm »

"I'm gonna go drinking. Anyone wanna come with?"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: January 05, 2016, 07:18:50 pm »

"Sweet, now when's the next case? Maybe I could help. These bones need some justice."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: January 05, 2016, 07:26:04 pm »

"Well, I'm wherever if you all need me."
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 209