Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33

Author Topic: From the Depths now on steam and with multiplayer  (Read 77796 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: From the Depths now on steam and with multiplayer
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2014, 07:28:50 pm »

Finally installed this on my new laptop, I love this game!

I don't know what it is, but this is the most engaging building I've done... maybe its the ai.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2014, 03:22:17 pm »

I had been on the fence for a long time wondering if I should buy this one or not. I ended up buying it last month and don't regret it, loads of fun designing combat vessels and unlike space engineers, this game has a use for your constructions with it's awesome campaign mode.

I've been trying to create more survivable vessels and from testing, repair bots seem to stop working when your craft is too slanted or moving too fast making them very limited in use and often unreliable. After some testing, I present to you the Engineering Core:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You create a small box with compact repair tentacles, save it, use a subvehicle spawner and select the repair cube as a subvehicle and then use a docking station to tractor it and have it hover in the desired location. If you save the vehicle after having selected a subvehicle and docking it, it will always load with the subvehicle docked in the selected spot, which means a permanent repair cube hovering inside your ship. The example above is a little extreme with its 54 repair tentacles, but it works like a charm. Just make sure you put a repair tentacle or two on your ship in case the engineering core takes damage as repair tentacles can only repair other ships.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2014, 06:31:29 pm »

I wouldent call it unique, but it certainly lends a new spin on the whole voxel-block combat vehicle thingie, what with the robots, the AI being what it is, and the water...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2014, 08:03:22 pm »

I wouldent call it unique, but it certainly lends a new spin on the whole voxel-block combat vehicle thingie, what with the robots, the AI being what it is, and the water...

Its pretty unique, eh?

Ive had a whole lot of fun with this game. The community is super friendly too, though its really small.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2014, 08:13:28 pm »

There are... What, 20? 30? voxel-block combat vehicle thingies floating about with spaceships or land/sea ships. The water and how exactly it handles AI are the unique bits. Not massively unique.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2014, 08:55:23 pm »

There are... What, 20? 30? voxel-block combat vehicle thingies floating about with spaceships or land/sea ships. The water and how exactly it handles AI are the unique bits. Not massively unique.

the campaign, resource collection, the combination of both sea; air, space, and soon to be land vessels, as well as the ai system, infinitely better turrets than what I've seen before in a 'voxel' based engine, and giant creatures (a feature that has, at the moment, been out of the game) make it pretty damn unique in my eyes.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2014, 10:05:54 pm »

good point, thats in everything, true, must most dont have water, thats in alot of things but not the same form tho, which games, Has equivalents in just about everything.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2014, 07:08:13 am »

IMO the main draw is how modular the engines, propulsion, and weapons are. It's one step deeper customisation that anything else I can think of.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2014, 10:17:58 am »

You can get it in this bundle with 3 other games.

https://www.blinkbundle.com/the-hidden-gems-bundle-2/

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2014, 02:09:57 pm »

For REALLY cheap, $2.50! Definitely worth mentioning that.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2014, 03:49:12 pm »

dammit....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2014, 08:31:52 pm »

very worth. Also, i'm interested in seeing what bay12 can do to this game. It's ripe with weaponizableness... yea.

EDIT: especailly once massive creatures get added back in.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2014, 11:49:34 pm »

Spent some hours fiddling with the game today.

Oh boy. The potential is there. Eventually made this boat with allow underpinnings, a lead keel for weight, and a metal top. It had an absurdly gigantic engine in the hold, was too fast for its own good, had lots of water pumps to keep the hold dry, and its sole purpose was to bring to bear a gigantic cannon.

It has that feel that you can build absolutely EPIC pieces of machinery. I love it so far, and I was only in the vehicle builder!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2014, 11:58:49 pm »

Spent some hours fiddling with the game today.

Oh boy. The potential is there. Eventually made this boat with allow underpinnings, a lead keel for weight, and a metal top. It had an absurdly gigantic engine in the hold, was too fast for its own good, had lots of water pumps to keep the hold dry, and its sole purpose was to bring to bear a gigantic cannon.

It has that feel that you can build absolutely EPIC pieces of machinery. I love it so far, and I was only in the vehicle builder!

Indeed! My style of building has been based off of turreted ironclad design. Though I know the styles of the other artistic builders vary from age-of-sail to post-modern, as well as everything in-between!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2014, 02:06:14 am »

What sort of ironclad? Monitor, Merrimack or Union ironclad riverboats? (Which where sorta like the Merrimack with armored turrets)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33