Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some doodles I've been doing  (Read 1452 times)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Some doodles I've been doing
« on: June 12, 2014, 08:17:03 pm »

During my free time during school this year, I've been creating some doodles on any graph paper I can get my hands on. Over time, I have amassed a moderate collection of these, and today I finally got around to scanning some of them in. I have 17 of them currently scanned, and want to hear any comments or suggestions the rest of you have. I have named a few, usually related to the limitation/challenge I imposed upon myself. I am interested in any comments or suggestions/tips you guys have, so please share. Some are unfinished, as (especially at the start of the year) each doodle used to take around 2 to 3-ish hours to do, leading to me finishing one (or less) a day. The unfinished usually have enough to see what the end result would look like, however.

I usually start with a 'base', usually a near-regular octagon or a square, and build up off of them. The way I did this has changed throughout the year, and the doodles are in roughly reverse chronological order, with doodles #7 -16 being from the beginning of the year, and 1-6 from much more recently, being from the past couple weeks. If I have any commentary on any quirks or challenges on a specific doodle, it will be in the spoiler containing the doodle. #17 is rather special, as it was selected to be made into a quilt, using white and dark grey. It has a few other peculiarities, which will be explained later.

bases are listed as [shape](side length), followed by any extras it may have.

Sorry about the quality, as the shading can be hard to see and my scanner seems to only export to .jpg. :(

Newer Doodles

Older Doodles

« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 05:32:33 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: Some doodles I've been doing
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 07:18:55 am »

Some of these are pretty dwarven! Congrats :) There's a thread for things people make also, in case you want to use that instead of your own thread.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 07:29:34 am »

These look neat.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 09:33:59 pm »

Indeed, they are pretty cool.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 05:02:47 pm »

Thank you all! I'm going to upload a couple more, numbers 18 through 21, in a moment, and a few more should come up in the next few days if I have some time after finals.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 05:06:26 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.