Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 1Day1Mod Succession Fortress (Closed)  (Read 517 times)

Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
1Day1Mod Succession Fortress (Closed)
« on: December 13, 2023, 04:59:42 am »

How it works(this world use df-classic because i'm unsure if editing the raw files works)
1. You make a mod/raw files and add it to one of the raw folders in the data/vanilla directory (you also have to use previous mod/raw files from previous successers) 
2. make sure it works (you can use dfhack to spawn at most 10 of the item (5 if it can appear naturally) (don't delete previous mods.
3. Then you can share the world along with all the raw files (including unmodded/unedited ones).
4. There is time limit to how long your turn is or how many turns you take.
5.(suggested) you should make a backup of the world every year to make sure it does not corrupt

World

In a world of mysteries and mystical beings, Creatures of many forms and shapes roam the land looking for their home or maybe their next meal. Every once in a while, new creatures and objects come from the heavens to burn or build vilages. Some people live in fear while others live in a world of hope and adventure. One day, 7 dwarves settled in a hilly area willing to do whatever it takes to build the fortress. It is now spring of 36 where the dwarves can change the land or the world.

World Save:
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16938

If you can find a way to improve this, suggest it to me
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 06:00:45 am by Chicken »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: 1Day1Mod Succession Fortress (DF Classic 50.11) (experiment)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 11:09:18 pm »

You’ll really want to add a bunch of random mods before you start this, not after. World saves can barely handle adjusting existing files, and adding anything significant won’t actually work.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!