Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44

Author Topic: The Rise and Fall of Roomcarnage :: an ongoing Dwarf Fortress story  (Read 361769 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise and Fall of Roomcarnage :: an ongoing Dwarf Fortress story
« Reply #405 on: August 30, 2015, 08:06:05 pm »

YESSSSSSSS

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 30, 2015, 08:23:31 pm »

I've said this before, and I think it bares repeating.  The skill being displayed here is truly astounding, never mind the storytelling (which is wonderful in its' own right).

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 30, 2015, 10:06:19 pm »

My only problem, as ever, is that I hate the sideways layout so I gotta switch them to blog layout myself, otherwise awesome as always.

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 30, 2015, 10:13:11 pm »

My only problem, as ever, is that I hate the sideways layout so I gotta switch them to blog layout myself, otherwise awesome as always.

To be honest, I prefer the vertical layout as well - but with the horizontal layout, only one gif loads at a time, which is important for my readers who have slower internet connections.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 30, 2015, 10:31:00 pm »

True, though weirdly I always get more lag from the horizontal one, but I think I have it set up to greedily prefetch everything.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 01, 2015, 11:57:01 am »

New chapter! Woo!
Amazing work, and a very interesting fortress. You have a way of making coincidental things sound purposeful on the game's part, which is quite nice. Looking forward to the next chapter, and good luck.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

mcfrei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 03, 2015, 06:37:15 am »

I'm totally okay with any blog layout. Actually, single one is good because gifs sometimes do not load in vertical layout for me.
DS, the story is terrific. Is your new job, by chance, a scenario writer or a story teller? Because you could do that, i'm sure.

So, the next big war is starting soon? And it will not be throwing lava-filled minecarts on foul fog zombies?

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 04, 2015, 07:31:09 pm »

I'm totally okay with any blog layout. Actually, single one is good because gifs sometimes do not load in vertical layout for me.
DS, the story is terrific. Is your new job, by chance, a scenario writer or a story teller? Because you could do that, i'm sure.

So, the next big war is starting soon? And it will not be throwing lava-filled minecarts on foul fog zombies?

Regarding the job, nope. High school music teacher.

As for minecarts... the thought honestly hadn't occurred to me. I haven't touched minecarts in years (IRL). Now that you've brought them up... I'm getting a whole new slew of ideas... hmmmmm...
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 05, 2015, 03:13:48 am »

Music teacher? Do you play an instrument?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 05, 2015, 03:16:22 am »

He plays the pipe organ, it's best for doing dramatic stings to set up a cliffhanger.

mcfrei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 05, 2015, 04:13:39 pm »

Now that you've brought them up... I'm getting a whole new slew of ideas... hmmmmm...

Well, glad to hear that. That's the least i can do.

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 05, 2015, 05:18:07 pm »

Yes, piano, among others.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 05:30:15 pm by DS »

Maolagin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 11, 2015, 12:43:25 pm »

Well alrighty then, you have a Balrog.

I'm sure you'll find a good storytelling use for it, but my oh my, the RNG really hates these dwarves.

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 15, 2015, 11:25:18 pm »

Chapter 53 is up!

Well alrighty then, you have a Balrog.

I'm sure you'll find a good storytelling use for it, but my oh my, the RNG really hates these dwarves.

Simo is definitely the most dangerous single creature I've ever experienced in Dwarf Fortress. Of course, play the game for long enough, and statistically something absolutely horrible is bound to show up.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 15, 2015, 11:50:42 pm »

Yes, piano, among others.
Oh hey that's pretty cool, I just started taking piano lessons!

Chapter 53 is up!
You'd think people would know better than to administer beatings by now, but you'd be wrong. You should probably dispatch the guard to a lockable room for a ''special reward''.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 11:54:56 pm by Taupe »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44