Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44

Author Topic: The Rise and Fall of Roomcarnage :: an ongoing Dwarf Fortress story  (Read 358876 times)

SMARF

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise and Fall of Roomcarnage :: an ongoing Dwarf Fortress story
« Reply #630 on: November 11, 2022, 06:04:59 pm »

Whether or not you post again, DS, I just want to thank you for creating this wonderful, really engaging and ambitious emergent story for all of us to read.  It has been such a joy to discover, and to peruse again and again!

Big +1

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 28, 2022, 11:09:59 pm »

Chapter 68 has been posted.

Whether or not you post again, DS, I just want to thank you for creating this wonderful, really engaging and ambitious emergent story for all of us to read.  It has been such a joy to discover, and to peruse again and again!

I appreciate the kind words! It's been a joy - and a surprise - to see that people still appreciate it after all these years.

Big +1
Man I miss this. I been checking it periodically for years. I hope you have the ability to come back to it someday.

++++++1 :)
Man I miss this. I been checking it periodically for years. I hope you have the ability to come back to it someday.

I should also say - thanks for expressing your appreciation at a time when I was absent. It helped motivate me to return to the story.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 03:29:29 am by DS »
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #632 on: December 29, 2022, 11:03:50 am »

Tremendous! I had thought this series had faded away for good, as the dwarves caught in the evil mist, but was proven wrong. Thanks for another chapter, it was a great one :)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 29, 2022, 12:47:46 pm »

Oh wow, this was a pleasant surprise!

Roomcarnage is one of my favorites. Thanks for this!

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 31, 2022, 03:20:51 am »

Tremendous! I had thought this series had faded away for good, as the dwarves caught in the evil mist, but was proven wrong. Thanks for another chapter, it was a great one :)

Thank you! I think there were some times between this chapter and the last that I might have faded away - but I'm being melodramatic. I'm happy to be back at it.

Oh wow, this was a pleasant surprise!

Roomcarnage is one of my favorites. Thanks for this!

You're very welcome! I'm feeling enthusiastic about bringing it to a close soon. I'm eager to play the new version, and to find new stories there to share with the community.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 19, 2023, 03:35:06 am »

Chapter 69 has been posted.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 19, 2023, 03:02:31 pm »

Best way this year could start, for sure. I'm overjoyed. Absolutely ecstatic.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 21, 2023, 03:10:50 am »

Nice. Here's hoping everything goes well with the save transfer :).

It has, thank you! Matter of fact, after moving to my work device, I'm getting two to three more FPS than before - which, when we're talking about single digit rates, is quite pleasant. Here's hoping nothing spooky happens to the rest of my files.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 13, 2023, 09:53:44 pm »

Nice. Always glad to return to this amazing gem of a fort
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 17, 2023, 03:19:59 am »

Nice. Always glad to return to this amazing gem of a fort

Happy returnings!

Chapter 70 has been posted. This one's a doozy! Let me know what you think.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #643 on: February 17, 2023, 06:08:15 am »

Touching as ever. Does Roomcarnage have no children, or heterosexual couples, so they are doomed to fall to old age whether they reach the top of the tower in time or not? 

Do you, by the way, have Roomcarnage mirrored somewhere? It would be a great tragedy if imgur acted up and the epic was lost.

DS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 17, 2023, 10:57:10 am »

There are, I think, still unmarried and unrelated dwarves of opposite gender, so the chance for children isn't completely gone. But I wouldn't hold out too much hope for it.

As for mirroring Roomcarnage - it's not anywhere else online at the moment, but I do have the narrative and images archived. It is fortunate that they've held up on imgur for as long as they have. I'm currently, slowly, teaching myself HTML and CSS (yes, I do live under a rock), in the hopes that some time this summer I can slap together a simple website that looks like it's as old as Roomcarnage is, for the purposes of hosting it more reliably.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 10:59:49 am by DS »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44