Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forum Game Generator  (Read 965 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Forum Game Generator
« on: June 15, 2014, 11:28:18 pm »

Concept is simple.  You create a short (1-5 line) introduction to a forum game based around a concept in the post above yours.  To keep things standardized, the concept would be placed within this app:

Main Characters: (What the players are)
Big Bad: (Main thing working against the players.  Does not have to be a sentient being (ex. a cliff))
MacGuffin: (Artifacts, special powers, etc.)

Examples:

Quote from: Post 1
Concept
Main Characters: Cats
Big Bad: A Giant Robot
MacGuffin: Wrenches

Quote from: Post 2
Introduction
A legion of cats have stolen wrenches to destroy the great Machine King.  You are one of these cats and must climb across the Machine King to loosen all the bolts to have it fall apart.

Concept
Main Characters: Saiyans
Big Bad: Other players
MacGuffin: Ki Energy

Quote from: Post 3
Introduction
You are a Saiyan.  You are in an arena with other Saiyans.  The other Saiyans must die.  Fight!

Important Note: While "Forumites" may be placed in the Main Character (ex. DZA's "You are me") or Big Bad (ex. Games where a player is the boss that others need to kill to become the boss), I would prefer it to be kept the general term of "Forumites" rather than explicitly naming.  If a person is explicitly named, please refrain from using derogatory remarks.  I'm not utterly disallowing it as of now, but if it gets out of hand I will specifically state that it cannot be done.  I don't want to see a locked thread.

Main Characters: Insects
Big Bad: A human kid
MacGuffin: Hot Wheels and Micro-Marshmallow Guns
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Game Generator
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 11:37:39 pm »

You are the last of your kind, the hive destroyed by the Great Small Giant and his casting of stones. Now it is time to travel to the other insects and win their allegiance, as only by working together and using the strange objects strewn in his wake can he be defeated.

Main characters: Four strangers trapped in a desert
Big Bad: The imminent end of the Universe
MacGuffin: A box said to contain the ultimate evil, yet which can save them all.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 11:51:07 pm »

Four heroes awaken in a desert, not knowing how they got there. Beyond the clothes on their back, a mysterious box is in their possession. During the night, the stars slowly disappear, doom being obvious. But a dark energy radiates from the box, promising the conquest of the world, but also to stop its end. Do the players save the world, or will they become slaves in the process?

Main characters: Maids
Big Bad: Several Kaiju attacking the city
MacGuffin: A door which lets you travel to other worlds.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 12:03:23 am »

During a Kaiju attack, a group of maids find a door that allows them to travel to other worlds. What will they do with it? Evacuate Earth? Recruit beings from other worlds? Force the Kaiju through it somehow?

Main Characters: Forumites
Big Bad:A game programmer.
MacGuffin: A sword.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 12:47:17 am »

In a world where programmers control reality, one forum stands alone. Twelve users must take a magical sword to the tower of programming, or reality is doomed.

Main Characters: John and Sophia
Big Bad: The Rainbow Snail; GleeJoy Corporation
Macguffin: An Apple

« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 12:50:09 am by Hubris Incalculable »
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb