Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Universe Reborn - Current Version: 0.4.95b  (Read 28874 times)

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Monster Hunter Universe Reborn - Current Version: 0.4.95b
« on: June 16, 2014, 07:52:32 am »

Monster Hunter Universe Reborn
Last Update: June 17, 2015 -that took way too long

Welcome, to the world of Monster Hunter!
Here you will find monsters that dwarf even the mighty dragon! Monsters so powerful they are considered walking forces of nature! Do you think you're prepared? Think again.
The monsters range from the small and cute (who will still want to rip your face off) to the truly gigantic (who are too large to rip only your face off).

Spoiler: Creature List (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes 'n' To Do (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Change Log (click to show/hide)

The mod was originally made by Iados, then updated to the new interaction system by Thuellai.
Original Thread

Download Link
Monster Hunter Wikia - For information on monsters

Problems? Questions? Suggestions? Post here.[/list]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 01:24:18 pm by Wimopy »
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Universe Reborn - Current Version: 0.4.8
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 08:15:53 pm »

ptw
It's FEF, not FEOF

Ikaruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 02:12:17 am »

Loving the adventure mode with this mod ! :D
Being able to build your own weapons with monster bones is just awesome !

Why not posting this mod in the "Mod releases" section ?

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 07:21:46 am »

Why not posting this mod in the "Mod releases" section ?

Most likely because I was falling asleep when I made the thread.  :-[
Sorry about that.
Toady/ThreeToe, can the thread be moved? Seems like I messed up.

EDIT: Just noticed Zinogre had no lair assigned and could cause a crash at worldgen. Uploaded a fixed version. No need to redownload the file if you already have a world. If you want it fixed, just add [LAIR:WILDERNESS_LOCATION:100] and [LAIR_HUNTER] lines to the Zinogre creature in creature_wyvern_forest.txt
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 07:34:59 am by Wimopy »
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Universe Reborn - Current Version: 0.4.8a
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 01:54:14 am »

I'm going to have fun with these beasties.

Could you tell me what exactly has been changed with the entity_default?
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 03:22:10 am »

At the bottom of the page, there should be a link that says "move topic".
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 03:49:13 am »

At the bottom of the page, there should be a link that says "move topic".

Thank you. Guess I really don't make enough threads on these forums. Elsewhere the best you can do is lock... Ah well. That's done.

I'm going to have fun with these beasties.

Could you tell me what exactly has been changed with the entity_default?

I'll have to change it a bit, but the attached entity_default just adds the new reactions (to make MH weapons and ammo) to dwarves, goblins, humans and dwarves. The part I need to change is that they can also use the new ores/metals, which makes no sense in case of the elves and probably also the gobbos. If you look at the "things to add" text file, then the changes mentioned there are given to the 4 races.

Okay, I'm starting to get a picture of what I'm going to do for next release.
Rajang will be added, no doubt. Besides him, I think the Dire Miralis would be a terrifying addition to the game and I should be able to recreate him quite well because the game loves fire.
For a third monster I was thinking Brachydios, but I have no idea how I would make its slime. It would still be pretty dangerous, especially with the mace on its tail as I'd give it an edge attack.
Then there's the Deviljho, but again, I don't know how to best make its breath attack (I thought of dust, but that's probably a bit too OP)
We'll see. If no suggestions come, then these guys are the next batch.

Also, in my worlds monsters seem to be dying quite quickly. It's not a problem, the Age of Myths still keeps on for a long time, but the largest megabeasts (Raviente, Ukanlos, Akantor, Jhen...) often die in the first 50 years. (Though, I'll be honest, that's 50 years of constantly  fighting).

The problem with current interactions is that it's rather hard to recreate thunder attacks. LIQUID_GLOB would be best if it didn't shoot a frozen ball. Next version of DF should fix it, so that's good.

Also, fortress mode is fun as well. I haven't seen any large monsters yet (I keep playing in 'terrifying' areas), but I've seen groups of Jaggis come in, which really upset me as before I could react the Great Jaggis in the group ate my aptonoths.
The Cephaloses (is that the plural) were accompanied by a Cephadrome, but they peacefully went away.
I encountered a Hornetaur swarm though. Had to be like 20-30 of them. I think that may need to be toned down.

Please, post with suggestions on what large monsters to add. I can add my favourite third gen monsters, but I'd rather hear what others say.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 04:10:53 am by Wimopy »
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Igorshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 07:16:07 pm »

Is there a way to remove most of the vanilla animals or to raise how often monsters and wyverns appear on the game?

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 03:57:52 am »

Is there a way to remove most of the vanilla animals or to raise how often monsters and wyverns appear on the game?

I've been thinking on a way to do that, but haven't had any time to actually do something. Also, I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks starting some time next week. I'll try to look into getting out an update on Friday.
By the way, I think the smaller amount of monsters is because most of them are megabeasts or semimegabeasts. From the top of my head, there's only the bird wyerns (-preys and jaggi/baggi) and the cephaloses (cephali?) that appear during the game. Well, besides popo/anteka/bullfango/aptonoth (aptonoth is the most common wagon-pulling animal in my worlds)

I also need to look into testing the mod with the new version, although for now I think it'll be for DF2012 only while .40 gets fixed and tweaked.

EDIT: Just went into the 40.01 testing arena and spawned a Black Gravios. Which promptly melted its own skin off with its fire attack. It survived though. Seems like some work to do.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:31:19 am by Wimopy »
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Universe Reborn - Current Version: 0.4.8a [NEW POLL]
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 09:53:49 am »

I can't vote in the new poll for some reason. But I say update to the new version.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Universe Reborn - Current Version: 0.4.8a [NEW POLL]
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 10:17:28 am »

Work I have to do with new version:
There are bodypart errors all over, mainly throats and necks not connecting. Probably because of the addition of a neck that now connects the head to the torso (surprisingly resilient, harder to cut off than the head itself).
Creatures need gaits, current [SPEED:] tags no longer work.
Melynxes, Felynes and Shakalakas have personalities that no longer work. In other words, their minds are broken and need fixing.
EDIT: Oh, and there's vision cones and such too, so that probably also needs some additions. Wonder what else I forgot.

I'll be honest: I have no idea how long this will take. With some luck, it should all be about replacing a few lines here and there or simply using a replace all command in Notepad++. It might turn out to be a complete rewrite of body structures, painstakingly, one-by-one. If that's the case, the release might slip.
One definite suggestion: Do NOT use the entity_default.txt file with the new version of DF. That would probably make the game unplayable. (Or at the very least, produce sentients without any personalities, which would probably mean they'd be boring as hell and incapable of making decisions.)

Right. I think I'm more or less done with porting to the new version. I think I'll release a beta version tomorrow after I check for any mod-related bugs/crashes/freezes/etc.
Some bodies may be strange (Raviente has no neck, but Jhen Mohran does...) but they're all working.
I changed the Raviente's body to basically an oversized exact copy of a snake with tusks. We'll see how it works out.
(The times I state are all GMT+1)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 09:36:31 am by Wimopy »
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ladies and Gentlemen, the compatibility beta update for the mod is now available.
I can upload the v0.34.11 compatible version as a seperate download if anyone needs it.

Now for a longer phase of making monsters unique in their speeds and attacks.
Adding the new monsters will be the shortest piece of work, but I'd prefer to complete everything else first.
Sorry for delaying Rajang. He'll arrive eventually.

Oh, and mind you, with the seperation of attack and movement speeds, I plan very evil things. Don't forget that you need ships to keep up with a Jhen Mohran. Then again, it attacks slow. The new version lets me mimic that perfectly. Though I'm probably giving it only two speeds.
So many possibilities.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:28:59 am by Wimopy »
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Ikaruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Universe Reborn - Current Version: 0.4.9 BETA
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 03:53:30 am »

Thanks a lot for the new version !

Can't wait to try it !  :D

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 01:36:36 pm »

Thanks a lot for the new version !

Can't wait to try it !  :D

You're welcome. Hope you enjoy it.

Oh, and on a side note to all: I'm postponing further work until September, at the very least.. Funny how I never had anything to do and now that I start working on a mod, suddenly I have no spare time. Ah well.
Of course, if someone wants to work on the mod, they are most certainly welcome to do so, just give credit where it's due. Oh, and don't forget Rajang. I might make a minor update to include it sometime, it's been delayed way too long.
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Jimexmore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 12:10:28 am »

bump
Spess mehreens Spess mehreens we make our Enemies die