Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Universe Reborn - Current Version: 0.4.95b  (Read 28872 times)

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Universe Reborn - Current Version: 0.4.9 BETA
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2015, 09:19:44 pm »

Really? That's strange, never heard of it before.

Anyways, here's a link to an editable copy. I have a backup of the current version in case of vandalisation or something.
Just remember to give credit to right people. Also, if someone would seriously like to take over, then I can take the link down and they should probably make a new thread. Oh, and upload non-WIP versions as rars to the file depot in a nicely arranged manner (folder structure!).

On the note of bugs:
Can you give an example of a monster not using sinew?
I might be slow with the gaits, but sorting out bugs like that is something I can do easily.

Yeah, here's the error log

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2015, 01:18:38 pm »

I may have missed this information, but how do the added weapons work? For instance, my adventurer wields a gunlance, can it actually fire? Thanks.

Yes I'm an idiot, I've figured it out, excellent mod by the way. I'd really love to meet a gravios.

Another thing I've probably missed is; do the bones of different monsters change the effectiveness of weapons created from them?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 01:29:23 pm by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2015, 02:39:44 pm »

I may have missed this information, but how do the added weapons work? For instance, my adventurer wields a gunlance, can it actually fire? Thanks.

Yes I'm an idiot, I've figured it out, excellent mod by the way. I'd really love to meet a gravios.

Another thing I've probably missed is; do the bones of different monsters change the effectiveness of weapons created from them?

They should, as the different bones have basically the same stats as different metals, ranging from copper to steel (and adamantine, though I prefer to use steel as the highest rank, since that's already crazy strong for bone).

@StupidElves:
I had a look at it when I had time before my exam period, but couldn't find the cause, unless something changed in the raw format. It MIGHT be a missing file, I'll look into it again later this week.

Also, I should be able to get back to working more on the mod. School final exam writing parts are mostly over, so I've got no school and such. Just gonna rest a bit first and get my IELTS done as well.
I still also have the oral part of the exams, so I'll be preparing for that, but after the middle of June it's free time (hopefully). Even until then, I plan to be able to put some work in and at least fix/finalise everything we currently have.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Skyaward

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2015, 07:33:19 pm »

Hello
It seems like Gravios Sleep Gas isn't working as intended. It becomes a super-heated liquid, instantly melting anything not resistant to extreme high heat, but it doesn't cause fires.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2015, 07:40:35 pm »

Hello
It seems like Gravios Sleep Gas isn't working as intended. It becomes a super-heated liquid, instantly melting anything not resistant to extreme high heat, but it doesn't cause fires.

I thought that was a feature.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2015, 07:12:29 am »

Hm.. That sounds like it should replace its "spray jet of fire" and be used instead of a magma beam. I'll add that to the to-do.

Mhm... looks like it's using an attack of UNDIRECTED_VAPOR instead of UNDIRECTED_GAS, not sure why it would superheat it in this case, though it's pretty nice instead of a fire gas spray, so I'll probably keep it in a slightly nerfed manner.

I'll fix that tomorrow and release a quick bugfix version (hopefully, I'll also find why there's so many errors in the errorlog file). Two more exams and I'm done until the next schoolyear, so I'll be able to work again.
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Skyaward

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2015, 04:39:24 pm »

Hello
On another note, it seems like Electricity is currently useless. I'm not sure, but as far I can tell, getting blasted by the White Fatalis will only make a naked human cry (And not notice the Fatalis is there.)

P.S
Gigginox Venom could be broken? It comes out as a solid projectile, hits, usually for a bruise, but doesn't poison.
P.P.S
Gypceros Light Flash and venous bite are also broken. Are you aware of those already? Should I stop posting them here?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 05:19:11 pm by Skyaward »

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2015, 05:17:44 pm »

No, please keep posting them. I haven't tested them all so it's great to hear feedback.

I'm guessing many things may have broken while DF was being updated. Shouldn't be hard to find what the problem is.

Is Lagiacrus lightning working okay? That's one of the newer things I made and it seemed to work fine last time I checked. I'll have time to check tomorrow and tweak everything out. Just keep posting here.

That solid projectile thing is fishy though. Without checking, I'd say it should be LIQUID_GLOB type, which was actually fixed in a DF update to NOT be frozen all the time. Just out of caution: You are using the latest DF version, right?

EDIT:
Made some tweaks, testing now.
Gravios is still using some strange sleeping gas. Funny thing is that it first burns the enemy, then freezes on them. I know why it's doing that though, there's a line that raises the melting and boiling points of all materials Gravios uses to an absurd level. So, logically, when a material must be a gas, it'll use a temperature even higher than that. Currently, this is above 35000 Urists, which is roughly 3x the temperature of magma...

Gigginox venom was assigned as a SOLID_GLOB projectile, should be liquid now. I also gave it a slightly different effect from the original bleeding. Gypceros also
Gypceros now has a venom spit. Flash should also be fixed. It was, for some reason, only effective when injected. Which of course, it wasn't, since it was made a gas. Now it is effective on contact and when inhaled, so it should always work.

I'll work on Gravios' gases, test the changes and then I'll probably add "change all special attack frequencies" and "change what various poisons do" to my to-do list. Mind you, some enemies may be significantly overpowered. Also, oversized, possibly. I think the mod may need a rebalance. Though it definitely is Fun right now.

EDIT2:

Gravios sleeping gas just doesn't want to do anything, seemingly. Actually, it seems no syndromes do anything noticeable (though the newly made fire gas works. It is extremely hot, but the short duration should prevent it from causing too much damage).
Dire Miralis (WIP): It bleeds magma, but seems to be a bit too fragile, so it also needs a bit more work. (Note that magma blood is mostly just cosmetic, unfortunately. I'll see if I can get it to burn things.)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:37:49 pm by Wimopy »
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Skyaward

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2015, 01:47:25 am »

Alright, I'l keep reporting
Yes I'm in 40_24
As you said, Lagiarcus electricity spit is working. I've noticed that all of the gas attacks are broken so far, so maybe it's that?
Hypnocacrice's gas is ineffective.
While testing the Khezu, who is still using the gas eletricity, I discovered around 180 ticks in the electricity cloud will melt common tissue. No Paralysis.
I'm not sure what Kushala winds should do, but they seem to do nothing for now
Ludroth is lacking a water spit, but other then a bruise, can you even associate a syndrome to that?

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2015, 09:51:16 am »

Well... waterblight causes you to lose stamina faster, so I'll make it give some minor drowsiness and dizziness (which slows movement and work speed according to the wiki, so it sounds as close as I can make it). -Done while writing this.

Looked at Khezu. Changed it from a gas to a vapor attack and tweaked it here and there. It works now. It SHOULD be hot, but it doesn't seem to be causing any heat damage. So instead I made it inflict a tiny bit of pain and create a few blisters. At first it left a trail everywhere, but I got around that, so now it just fires and then disappears.
While I was at it, I also made lagiacrus electricity not remain as a covering, but it still has its effect.

Added SYN_INGESTED to Gravios sleeping gas and it instantly started working. Based on this, it seems that all other gas attacks might just need that tag. Gave it to Hypnocatrice too. Note: The sleeping gas attacks might not have a direct effect. They mainly cause drowsiness with a roughly 1 in 3 chance for unconsciousness. Its main danger is that the gas can affect large areas and cause serious trouble for a fortress.

Kushala raws show that wind does nothing, it's just 1 Urist above absolute dwarven zero and are constantly secreted by Kushala's horns. It's more cosmetic than anything else. I gave it a trailing dust attack which should be similar to a wind attack. I thought of an undirected dust attack too, but I've heard that it has a tendency of killing the user as well, so I'll just skip that.
I made it so that the wind causes minor dizziness, so now it can be seen as a constant debuff to anything around it. The dust flow attack has the unfortunate side effect of leaving a coating on anything it hits, but I think that' within the acceptable. You may need a cleaning crew after it goes through a fortress. Until you do manage to clean it, progress will be slowed. That sounds like something that should happen after the elder dragon of wind barges through though, so it stays.

Started adding more creature classes, based on their elements, just because it seemed strange that two thunder creatures could theoretically paralyze eachother. Except they can't really, because they lack the GENERAL_POISON class, which makes them immune to practically all syndromes. I might change that later on, we'll see.

Added SYN_INGESTED to all gas attacks, including roars.

Dire Miralis was rather fragile before, now it has basalt layers all over its body, which means it's extremely dangerous. Which is cool. I wanted to give it a high body heat, but for some reason it melts itself (or just 'dies in the heat'), so that'll wait.

OP Updated with new download with changs so far. It should be stable, but I have the previous version saved and will upload it if there're any problems.

EDIT: Just noticed Rajang has tissue errors. I'll get to that ASAP, but I need to go to the official "exam ends ceremony" thingy, so you may want to wait with downloading. I doubt it's anything major though. Damn, wanting to release something by a deadline and not having time to do a full error check sucks.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 10:03:35 am by Wimopy »
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Universe Reborn - Current Version: 0.4.95b
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2015, 01:29:06 pm »

Double post to give the watchers notifications.

Uploaded the fixed version. (Use the link in my sig or OP)
There's a bit of a problem in that I couldn't spawn Rajang, and thus couldn't test his thunder attacks either. They may be OP, they might not do anything, they might be perfect. I can't find any errors in the raws right now, maybe I'll find some later.

Next, it's back to giving gaits, slowly. Hopefully there's nothing that remains broken in this version.
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Skyaward

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2015, 02:39:12 pm »

I also couldn't find a Rajang

I'd like to point everyone is rather fragile. For example, A single bite from a ludroth on the chest can make any medium sized wyvern pass out from pain, and a scratch on the head from a human is enough to knock out a Qurupeco. Also everyone's very flammable.

Wyverns seem to have pain in the fat layer, as they pass out from being shaken by jaggis.

As said, Gravios are working well and fine with their gases.

Baleful Gigginox is sharing his rotting poison with the common Giggi. I assume his poison would be renamed electricity? Also, would adding the mines work? Perhaps generating a boulder of poison at 0 Urist, that heats up quickly causing a quick poison cloud?

The Glycepros is capable of spitting 50000 poison at 50000 range, and unfortunately, his flash is still not blinding. He also lacks the Poison bite still.

Tigrex is missing his roar and Explosive Roar.

Uklanos's ice is merely an ice stone thrown. No Syndrome.

Yama is missing his Wind Tunnel, but I imagine that's not possible? And his Thunderbug Summon too.

Thank you for your work
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:40:31 am by Skyaward »

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2016, 05:11:30 am »

IMPORTANT EDIT:  Just in case anyone grabbed the first version of this file, it had an accidental duplicate reaction, which obviously created some serious bugs.  It's fixed now, so feel free to grab the file and enjoy.

Okay guys, I've done it again.  Most of the credit goes to Wimopy - his work was remarkably future-proofed, I barely had to touch creatures.

I did anyway!  Some big changes in this version, and big is the right word!

-Almost every creature has had sizes adjusted to be more accurate to the games, with the exception of most small monsters - in the case of most creatures, this means they now get much, muuuch bigger (Rathalos and Rathian, for example, get ten times bigger, nearly the size of a dragon!) over the course of anywhere from 60 to 1000 years, depending on the monster.  Megabeast monsters should more consistently survive worldgen, and all monsters should be a lot more deadly!
-Felynes are now smaller, but grow up quick and have unique, small weapons they can use, styled after the various Palico equipment.  Felyne equipment is labeled 'catcraft', and despite being small, it can be quite deadly!  Felynes are no longer fort-playable (but are still adventure playable) because I've got some big plans for overhauling how they work to make Felyne mode a more unique experience!
-Weapons have also been overhauled!  Almost all weapons are bigger now, which renders them quite heavy - carting around most MonHun weapons will slow a weak dwarf down.  They're also quite deadly - every weapon gets a handful of unique attacks, with stats based on motion values from the actual games.  Hopefully, they feel a bit more true to the games!  They're very deadly, and the sheer weight of them means a strong enough dwarf can do a lot of damage even to armored opponents - perfect for dealing with the new, more lethal monsters, along with pesky goblins.  Minimum size values have been increased, but dwarves can still use every MonHun weapon, though they'll have to two-hand most of them.  Along with that, I've added new weapons - the Charge Blade can be crafted as a sword and shield or axe, and then converted from one to the other at either a Hunter's Workshop or Forge.  Adventurers can also swap between the two.  The hunting glaive is a spear-skill weapon with a quick, slashing blade, modeled on the insect glaive.  Most MonHun weapons are labeled as a 'hunting X', to make sure you can tell them apart from normal DF weapons.
-Speaking of the insect glaive, pet Kinsects!  This feature is still a work in progress, but a few variants of Kinsect are now in as an exotic, egg-laying pet you can import from trade partners, including one new race.  Kinsects are small, but deadly, can be trained for war and hunting, and won't run from a fight.  Each variety of kinsect also has a special essence it can release that boosts the stats of friendly dwarves, humans, or the MonHun races (with instructions on making your own creatures eligible for friendly kinsect buffs)
-One new race: Wyverians!  Wyverians are long-lived reptillian humanoids who come in two flavors.  The common Wyverian grows to human size, then begins to shrink as they get older until they're smaller than a dwarf.  The much rarer Great Wyverian, however, never stops growing, and eventually becomes nearly four times the size of a human.  Wyverians are friendly, trade-capable, and adventurer-playable.  They make all of the MonHun weapons, as well as new MonHun armor, and can bring exotic pets as well!  I suppose if you managed to anger them, they'd be quite dangerous, as well...  They are capable of sieging a fortress, although they're very peaceful by nature!
-Oh, yeah, new armor!  The MonHun races now make armor in the style of the games.  In the order of upper body, head, arms, lower body, and feet, they go: Mail/Vest, Helm/Cap, Vambrace/Guard, Faulds/Coat, and Greaves/Leggings, with the former generally being heavier and more protective!  These items are labeled with a 'hunter's' preface to make sure you can tell them apart, although wyverians obviously don't make dwarf-sized equipment.  Note that the armor 'pants' only cover the lower body, while hunter's greaves and hunter's leggings start at the feet and extend all the way up the legs.
-One new monster!  In keeping with the 'size' theme of the overall overhaul, I've introduced Deviljho!  Deviljho is a huge, brutal berserker with a deadly breath attack.  It's crazed, violent, and very, very hungry!  Deviljho's more than willing to eat the food right out of your stockpiles...  or the dwarves, for that matter.  On the plus side, Deviljho is hostile to absolutely everything and quite powerful, so if you can manage to capture one, while you can't tame it, it'll probably make a great candidate for an arena to throw hapless goblins into, or as a weapon to sic on the caverns/another megabeast/whatever.  Just try not to let it back into your fortress!

Some minor fixes and changes, as well.  For the time being, Shakalaka are only outsider-playable - I'm fixing their entity file.  Rajang is now functional and will appear in the testing arena and in the world at large.

Please report any bugs or errors you run into - a lot of things have changed and it's always possible I missed something.

Get it here:
MHU New, for 43.05!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 07:44:26 am by Thuellai »
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Morps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2016, 08:00:31 am »

Are you going to be adding 4th gen monsters like the Fated Four, Gore Magala, and Seregios?

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2016, 12:05:43 pm »

Gore Magala is planned.  Gore/Shagaru Magala will probably get a whole update to themselves so that I can implement the Frenzy Virus properly.  Seregios will probably also be a separate update - I'll probably have to create a unique material for Seregios that can be turned into weapons.  One thing I'd like to do (which is a part of the planned 'make Felynes playable' update) is expand monster crafting somewhat.  Obviously, we can't have things as specific as MonHun's unique weapons for every monster (you'd bloat the menus to an absurd degree, for one) but it would be cool to capture at least some of the joy of finding unique monster items and turning them into special things.

Next release is probably just going to be a bunch of the smaller monsters, though - I was figuring I'd aim to have Zamtrios, Tetsucabra, Kecha Wacha, Nerscylla, Arzuros, and Lagombi all added as semimegas.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5