Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Compiling Question  (Read 1063 times)

jigalag123

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Compiling Question
« on: May 11, 2014, 09:00:21 am »

Hi! I'm pretty new to this, and I have the source code for Deon's Gen mod but I honestly have tried every way I can to compile it, but it's just not working. Can anyone explain to me how this is done?
Thank you!

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
Re: Compiling Question
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 05:10:17 am »

I compile the project in Code::Blocks using the MinGW-GCC compiler from the TDM-GCC package. TDM-GCC is here: http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/. I also use the latest SVN nightly build of the Code::Blocks IDE... those are available here. This works for the official project on SourceForge... as for any mods, well I am not familiar with that specific mod, but as long as it uses the same source code files it ought to compile with the same project... if it has different files, such as files added or removed or renamed or moved, well you would need to add and remove files from the project. Generally I find this way of compiling, using an IDE, WAY easier than using makefiles... it's very intuitive and has a nice GUI and everything. Makefiles are a little more advanced but you can also compile things that way. Anyway I'm assuming you're probably using Windows, since Linux users generally know all about how to compile things... especially if they use Gentoo Linux.
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL