Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

War with the elves of The Dyed Forest - Yea or Nay?

To arms! Death to all friends of nature!
- 32 (66.7%)
Indifferent
- 4 (8.3%)
Let peace return, we've humiliated them enough.
- 12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30

Author Topic: ☼Riverrun, a Masterwork Community Dwarf Fortress RISE AGAIN!!!☼  (Read 151689 times)

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Riverrun, a Masterwork Community Dwarf Fortress☼
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 02:38:45 am »

Could i get a military dwarf named dailm??   Any gender or military branch will do...  The little savage is ready to serve

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2014, 03:21:26 am »

This one seems rather interesting... Can I be dorfed? Name's Vector (or Vex for short), preferably male (if female, name her Vexxy). Any profession will do (if talking abot starting dwarves, i'd rather choose the woodworker).

Vex used to live in a small dwarven town to the north. He spent a year hunting for large beasts in local marshes. That earned him his nickname: Vector the Crocodile. A calm and rational dwarf, he enjoys telling stories by the campfire. Although he may not look like it, he's quite endure and strong. A keen historian and biologist, he also knows a thing or two about use of firearms and throwing weapons. I'll provide some more backstory later.

"For almost a year, I've been hunting, trapping and taming large reptiles. Crocs, gators, monitor lizards, iguanas - almost befriended them. And yet, there's something more to life than that. I wanted to get my own place, make a family, get a job. Guess, what am I doing now?

Should've probably stayed with the crocodiles... They seem somewhat intellegent - at least, more reasonable then those traders back home. "Nice to see you, Croc! We got a very special proposal for you that you're unlikely to turn down!". How did I believe them?!

"Hello, my name is Vector the Crocodile, and I work for Brass Eagles Inc, the biggest exporter of alloys in the entire Shovel of Hope". Nah. I simply have no idea how to work as a trade agent. Whatever.

The climate here is hotter, and the rivers are full of caimans. Those evil, evil creatures... Had hard time tanning their black hides.

There it is, Riverrun. Seems like a dengerous place indeed".
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 03:33:21 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2014, 03:27:40 am »

First unclaimed one to get possessed and survive the mood is mine.
This fortress looks interesting, I'll be watch I AM ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL. RUN WHILE YOU CAN, SHEPARD.
WAIT, THIS IS NOT A COLLECTOR BODY. WTF IS HAPPENING, WHERE AM I? WHAT IS THIS ITEM I JUST MADE? SOMEONE IS COMING...
-You done with your mood? Wow, nice artifact. Wait, why are your eyes glowing? You aren't still possessed, are you? Who's in there?
-I AM THE HARBINGER OF YOUR PERFECTION. WHERE AM I? WHAT AM I?
-Nice to meet you, Harbinger. We are in the dwarf fortress of Riverrun, and you are [insert profession of dwarf here].
-
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2014, 04:16:56 am »

Mind if I claim the blind fisherman dwarf, I know at some-point that he is going to do some cool or stupid that is going to be worth it.
Also I bet at some point one of the shrooms are going to be 'Urist' helper

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2014, 05:31:09 am »

Also that "I killed you something" picture is fucking adorable lol.
Hell of a lot less creepy than I usually envision the Plump Helmet men as being.
That just makes them even creepier when they rebel.

Posting to watch and claim a Dwarf if possible. Call him Fergus and make 'im a Sword or Spear dorf, whichever you prefer.

Done, Enjoy being an engineer in the meantime.

First unclaimed one to get possessed and survive the mood is mine.

It'll be a bit then.

Could I get a military dwarf named Dailm??   Any gender or military branch will do...  The little savage is ready to serve.

Congrats, you get (the renamed accordingly,) Erith of Wave 1! He's the only one here with any kills besides the schizo and the ranger: A single orc. Probably punched him/her to death with a knuckle duster based on his striking skill. Beware, as you own a smurf spawnling.

So, I think I got everyone, and Monitor, you're post has been added to the Community Contributions post.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014, 11:30:01 am »

20th Galena, 138

EMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Gods-damned tribals. Bet they were gonna try and steal our shoes. I scared them off though. Evidently a dwarf being trailed by smurfs is a horrible sight to emu men.

22nd Galena, 138

Nobgost the goblindwarf is making some shields and training swords for two new volunteers: Fergus and Dailm. Fergus was a reservist at Shorefences and Dailm fought at one of the last clashes at Mirrioredaxes, so it'll be good to have some sparring buddies who know what they're doing.

Wait, what.

23rd Galena, 138

Saw the schizo take down one of those big conifer apes. Two shots, and bam. Dead. Then she dragged it back shouting that it couldn't judge her anymore and left it by the butcher shop. Oh, and the smurfs are following me around with my fork and a stick now.

I think I may need to find a pet dog or something to eat the little bastards in case they try to kill me in my sleep.

28th Galena, 138

Our first masterpiece, made by Reudh the chair maker! I call him that because his first ever true masterwork was a gods-damned chair. Not like... A door, or maybe a hatch, or even a cabinet. But no, a chair.

1st Limestone, 138

We should probably make some trade goods... Karkov took on the job of broker for this miserable turd brown soon-to-be cesspit for the time being, citing the fact that Eitan keeps talking to herself and nobody else knowing what anything is worth around here.

Oh, and I saw one of the smurfs spontaneously generate more. Seriously, they just dropped out of the bottom of its fucking head!

Avuz help me.

3rd Limestone, 138

Vexxy and Eitan insisted on going out to hunt arbelogs (apparently that's what the pine forest monkey men are called, according to Vexxy anyway.) I told them flat out, we see new people they can sit out there with them.

15th Limestone, 138

Julius is making some bone goods to sell to the Joyous Steel caravan slated to arrive soon. I hope they hurry the fuck up and get here, I'm willing to risk black plague for some beer. In the meantime whatever plants we have laying around are gonna be processed into medicine; Might not be great, but hey. It does have some alcohol content.

21st Limestone, 138

I'm told some sweetpods have come in and I begged Cerol to make some rum! Seriously, I don't wanna have to live on medicine. That other craftsdwarf is working on some leather armor for the rest of us too. Don't need a repeat of what happened with Rovod if Dailm decides to practice his grapples.

27th Limestone, 138

Opened the gate long enough to let Urist back in, and one of the smurfs got caught trying to chase a rat on the bridge.

Good riddence.

22nd Sandstone, 138

Saw some more dwarves on the hill to the northwest, mostly because the somehow not dead smurf was banging on a tree with its one remaining arm and that damned stick. Apparently the other four limbs just kind of exploded off it when it hit the ground.

Just two and their pet moleweasel, the husband looking a little... Twitchy. Like Eitan. Gonna wait a little while before letting them in.

25th Sandstone, 138

No coughing, vomit, or other freakishness, so they're in. Good thing we have more beds.

28th Sandstone, 138

Julius ran out of bones to work on, and there were complaints (some of them mine, hah!) about miasma in the food storage. Now I'll admit I was one of the dwarves who pointed a finger at the plump helmet men, but it turns out it was both them and the new couple's stupid moleweasel. They're leaving dead rodents and rhino lizards all over the place and it's making one hell of a stink.

6th Timber, 138

Dailm's pet lizard went missing last week and nobody seems able to find hide nor head of the thing. Doesn't matter to me though; so long as someone doesn't find it he won't be tempted to take out his anguish on me or Fergus.

My money's on it getting bridge'd though. It
was outside last anyone saw...

18th Timber, 138

The Joyous Steel's carvan has come, seeking to make a profit off of us if we live and salvage our shit if we're dead. The look on the inspector's face screamed we were doing better than expected. Hell, he even said he expected the caimans the gnomes told us about to have eaten us by now. He also said to be careful around one of the merchants, a fellow named Ib. Says he hasn't been feeling so well since they stopped off in Mirroredaxes to pick up some supplies and hire some guards. It's the flu by the looks of him, but he's keeping to his wagon so hopefully it'll stay on the wagon.

Adil worked on buying whatever she could get for the stuff Julius made, and gave his first masterwork away as a gift for the king.

8th Moonstone, 138

Reudh's been talking to Shash about getting some walls up, and I'm thankful for that! Last thing we need is some asshole goblin shooting us in the back while we're collecting wood or coming out to trade.

9th Moonstone, 138

Somehow, I don't think that wagon's wood looked so pale the other day.

16th Moonstone, 138

Most of the merchants and their guards are puking their guts up. Seems like we dodged one hell of a bullet there. Especially since they're packing up and leaving. Fuckers left vomit all over the place though...

19th Moonstone, 138

Psi is gathering some fuel to make weapons out of the bars of steel and wolfram we got. Gonna give Fergus my bronze one, the offer of which he didn't object to, and Dailm is taking the wolfram one. Warned him that bitch'll be heavy, but he doesn't seem to mind. Both seem to just want something they can actually fight with.

21st Moonstone, 138

Found out at dinner that there's a huge demand for figurines, abacuses, and journals back home. The look on Julius' face and the chat he was having with Vexxy and Eitan tells me he knows what to do, and what he needs to do it.

12th Obsidian, 138

Where does the time go journal? You know what I decided without consulting anyone but my soldiers?

We're gonna go kill us some giant gods-damned pine monkeys!

1st Granite, 139

Happy new year, doors and rum for all! So, we killed a couple of those big pine forest monkeys which should give Julius enough bones to make plenty of shit to sell.

Update 3 has been deployed.

So, we made it to spring without dying, contracting the flu, being murdered by a heartbroken Dailm for his pet lizard being killed by a bridge, shot by a schizophrenic dwarf with a crossbow, or eaten by giant bushtits, which I consider a good year. Highlights include getting to kill things, a wagon somehow contracting the flu, and coining of the term “cataplump:” PH Men catapulted by bridge. It's what I named the picture. Oh, and now all three swordsdwarves have proper swords, none of that wooden training crap, and Fergus was quite happy with the cheap bronze one.

So all in all, a pretty good year! I'm sure that won't be the norm come mid-spring.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2014, 02:54:07 pm »

"So, here I am in this hole in the ground named "Riverrun". It's doesn't look like much in it's current state, with dirt walls and muddy moat. At least, the traders are already aware of this place.

A while ago some local nutjob (Eitan or something) started shooting monkeys that roam nearby. This is just plain crazy... The soldiers hunted the rest down because we needed bones for crafts. Mr. Splint even ripped one in two parts.

A couple of words about local militia commander, Mr. Splint. He looks like an experienced warrior indeed, and he's also a bit paranoid about plump helmet men following him all around (no wonder - these little creatures creep me out too)".

- there's a doodle at the end of the page depicting Splint and a mushroomy fella -

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 04:10:44 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

MuDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2014, 03:21:48 pm »

Pretty sure Dailm's pet lizard got crushed by the bridge being activated today. On the plus side he doesn't seem to have noticed exactly what happened to it so he didn't tantrum and kick my teeth out or stick me with his new sword.

Speaking of new pointy weapons of death, finally got a replacement for that old training sword. Splint looked surprised when I was perfectly content with having a bronze weapon as if bronze does not in fact beat the hell out of wood.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2014, 03:33:31 pm »

Splint looked surprised when I was perfectly content with having a bronze weapon as if bronze does not in fact beat the hell out of wood.

Wouldn't you be surprised if someone became attached  to a weapon they'd gotten two weeks ago compared to the one they'd been using for the better part of four months?

Community contributions updated. Love you guys for it!

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2014, 05:43:44 pm »

Urist -diary- #1
*The page letter is slightly messy*

Today, I reach to an new home from my ol hole in the ground, were a man came and told me to come with him to an grand new home which I can live the rest of my life at.

One of my companions, an dwarf 'called' Nix told me that he could see the grand fortress of River-run in the distance, and ask what I though of the look of it, I laugh and told him that 'I am as blind as an bat, and hearing is as just well'.

All I hope from this new place is an fishing hole and an nice place to sleep

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2014, 05:56:44 pm »

Was this fort, perchance, named in honor of Bloomsday yesterday?
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2014, 06:05:32 pm »

I am gonna have to say no, since I dunno what that is.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2014, 08:24:42 pm »

Celebration of Irish writer James Joyce, occurring on the 16th of June. His (in)famous "novel" Finnegan's Wake begins with the word "riverrun." I suppose this is just one of those insane coincidences.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2014, 08:30:31 pm »

I would like to request a dwarf. A researcher preferably, mechanic being close second.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 02:16:57 am »

Celebration of Irish writer James Joyce, occurring on the 16th of June. His (in)famous "novel" Finnegan's Wake begins with the word "riverrun." I suppose this is just one of those insane coincidences.
Insane coincidence indeed.

I would like to request a dwarf. A researcher preferably, mechanic being close second.

Added to the wait list, unless you'd rather take Urir the Enginminer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30