Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

War with the elves of The Dyed Forest - Yea or Nay?

To arms! Death to all friends of nature!
- 32 (66.7%)
Indifferent
- 4 (8.3%)
Let peace return, we've humiliated them enough.
- 12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: ☼Riverrun, a Masterwork Community Dwarf Fortress RISE AGAIN!!!☼  (Read 151837 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Riverrun, a Masterwork Community Dwarf Fortress☼
« Reply #270 on: July 24, 2014, 06:08:32 am »

Now only to wait until next battle.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 24, 2014, 06:53:39 am »

It seems Arcvasti wasn't enough... they want more, and they brought their "friend" to secure it!
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 24, 2014, 03:43:04 pm »

Spoiler: A Congress Beneath (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 24, 2014, 04:59:30 pm »

Spoiler: A Congress Beneath (click to show/hide)

Well. This shit just got super weird and/or grim I see.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 25, 2014, 10:02:56 am »

Nice! Did I help inspire that, or was that just an amusing coincidence?

Spoiler: request for splint (click to show/hide)
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 25, 2014, 03:06:39 pm »

Nice! Did I help inspire that, or was that just an amusing coincidence?

Spoiler: request for splint (click to show/hide)

Sure thing man, here ya go. Didn't know you weren't a guy, so... Kinda dropped the ball on that bit, sorry. :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sounds like the sort of fleshy FB a speardwarf would be good at killing. And we'd get a lot of meat and bone that way too, if we can get it to the butchery in time.

Unless you wanna end up like Arcvasti and Mr Frog I wouldn't recommend volunteering to fight that thing. Your squad is painfully underskilled, which means that thing has potential to tear you all to shreds instead of the other way around.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 25, 2014, 03:12:10 pm »

Would a certain stonemancer be skilled enough to do battle with the beast? Not much to do until platinum statues are procured anyways.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 25, 2014, 03:17:47 pm »

Would a certain stonemancer be skilled enough to do battle with the beast? Not much to do until platinum statues are procured anyways.

Not really. None of the sorcerers have staves or magic missiles to use to fight it with, which means they'd only be slightly less difficult to kill than one of Tirion's recruits (or at least Khaziraad would anyway since he has his stoneskin ability.)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 25, 2014, 03:20:14 pm »

Damn the laws of quadrati  wizardry, low levels are such a pain without meathsields.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 25, 2014, 03:54:50 pm »

It's not so much a lack of numbers as it is simply we don't have any weapons they know how to use effectively or ammo for them. I'd be happy to send you down with Splint to soften that bitch up with a staff if we had the means to make one and steel to spare. Doesn't matter though; we can't reach t and thus can't kill it. It's content to just lounge about in the lake.

In other news, a dwarf has gone missing and I have no idea where he was.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 25, 2014, 03:58:39 pm »

Arcvasti is trying to get back to life by posessing and sacrificing other dwarves to his dark gods. Alternatively, fortress guard are dealing with anyone who as much as  cougs in the way you instructed previously.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 25, 2014, 04:03:55 pm »

Do we have any forest spiders, or similar webbers? We could prepare a webbed cagetrap corridor for the beast.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 25, 2014, 04:13:37 pm »

Do we have any forest spiders, or similar webbers? We could prepare a webbed cagetrap corridor for the beast.

No, unfortunately. And I dunno what air school mages need to be made. not that it matters. Damned thing wandered into an unexplored part of the caverns.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 25, 2014, 05:22:09 pm »

8th Opal, 143

It's done. For that creepy little fuck anyway. The monster is refusing to come onto the cavern shores where I can get at it, so I need to wait for a report of it doing so to take it out. Anyways, good news journal! One of the bowdwarves has been elected to the mayoral seat! No more freakish little mushroom man in charge!

Oh, and Deadeye started acting funny, screaming about hearing Rulush and needing to make something for him or some other nonsensical crap like that. And speaking of Rulush, I found out Tenderroast adopted that asp Erib bought a while back! Didn't even know the guy liked snakes.

Also saw a mandate expressly forbidding fishing until the merchants leave. Apparently Erib and Rakust aren't taking any chances with the disease.

19th Opal, 143

The merchants are finally gone and took their meningitis with them. Good riddance.

23rd Opal, 143

Dumed finished that thing he was working on. Sandstone journal. Rakust went and got permission for it to be placed in the dining hall with the majority of the other artifacts.

27th Opal, 143

Was talking with the guard captain today and found out we have a fisherdwarf MIA. Nobody knows where he was at the time when he disappeared, and this is concerning.

5th Obsidian, 143

The Paints are officially on permanent cavern defense detail, and started this out with killing the last of the tribals! Good for them!

6th Obsidian, 143

Saw Khaziraad doing some funny magic shit with a changeling we bought a while back: He turned into a godsdamned basilisk! Shame he used the breeder for that though. Now we have to wait and hope someone brings one in the future to get more.

19th Obsidian, 143

Two things of note today dear papery friend: Drow caravan is here (which hopefully means stuff for us to kill!) And someone managed to figure out Arcvasti's old scribblings! Might be able to get some shit down for the mages with this alchemy lab, whatever the hell that is.

20th Obsidian, 143

-AN AMBUSH! CURSE THEM!-

Alright, so I decided to do another lil baby update for you guys. As you can see, not a whole hell of a lot happened. HOWEVER! We are getting a visit from our good friends the snowmen! They didn't last long, partly because some were injured on the traps amazingly enough. Good to see someone finally come at us after a bunch of nothing. I can only hope we get a siege soon though.

Anyways, I hope this isn't too great an eyesore of an update. Enjoy!

draeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 25, 2014, 06:29:17 pm »

Sure thing man, here ya go. Didn't know you weren't a guy, so... Kinda dropped the ball on that bit, sorry. :P

Hey, no worries. Not only do I typically roll with female characters, if I write for this thread it's likely to be third-person. Not any trouble at all.

So... do you think that artifact is what most here would assume it is (written log etc) or a mechanical part?

I hope it's the latter, the former would be incredibly lame :P
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30