Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

War with the elves of The Dyed Forest - Yea or Nay?

To arms! Death to all friends of nature!
- 32 (66.7%)
Indifferent
- 4 (8.3%)
Let peace return, we've humiliated them enough.
- 12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30

Author Topic: ☼Riverrun, a Masterwork Community Dwarf Fortress RISE AGAIN!!!☼  (Read 151664 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Riverrun, a Masterwork Community Dwarf Fortress☼
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 12:21:34 pm »

2nd Granite, 139

Someone found Shash's genie. And she was not pleased by this discovery. I'm beginning to think that Dailm's pet lizard didn't get killed by the drawbridge...

6th Granite, 139

More god damn smurfs. I got my eye on them.

10th Granite, 139

Urir decided to throw a little late new years party and Adil's working on making windows for our entrance hole. Good for them, after a little over a year of more or less nonstop work they deserve a little rum and merriment!

24th Granite, 139

On the way to sparring practice I remembered Vexxy saying there was a group of giant echidnas roaming around near the depot, so I took it upon myself to inform my dwarves we're going hunting! Nothing like real expierience to help hone your skills and all that.

And when we got one cornered in a thicket of trees, I charged ahead and went to land a good hard punch with my sword hand and the dumb beast rolled into a ball!

Took a good five minutes of stabbing and slashing to kill the damned thing with blood loss. Since Fergus got the last hit in before it died, me and Dailm decided to credit him with the kill. He's still leading though with his one orc kill.

Rand down the second and I got that kill myself while Fergus and Dailm herded the other towards the smurfs who startled the beast and caused it to roll into a ball. Dailm's still leading in kills.

27th Granite, 139

Saw a flock of monstrously sized bushtits today, one of them looking particularly menacing.

Don't wanna fight that one.

4th Slate, 139

Dailm's now officially more skilled at stabbing things than he is snapping their limbs and applying knuckle dusters to their heads. Makes the roster slightly easier to read, even if it's still only three of us.

Julius is also proving to be one hella of a bone carver and banged out 3 masterpieces in a row!

18th Slate, 139

Migrants. Yelled at Julius to shut the damn gate and to hell with whoever's outside. We got booze, we have safety, I'll be damned if I'm gonna get killed or sick for a bunch of potential disease carrying miscreants!

-

Someone reopened the gate on us. Dunno who, dunno why, but I know they're a dick.

Seems the new folk are in good health, save a  few with a bad case of depression. Among the new arrivals was a rather obnoxious self-proclaimed inventor named Arcvasti and a hero of the Dyed Forest wars, Deadeye Dumed! That dwarf managed to outshoot three of the automatons' best Sharpshooter robots. Bet the Eastern Seducers were hurt after losing those to primitive little crossbow being used by a beard with legs.

21st Slate, 139

Saw orders for beds, doors, and other amenities being put in at the mason and carpentry shops and Lorbam the oven dwarf has been given the duty of making pearlash and glass windows. In another week or two we may end up moving our training space indoors!

28th Slate, 139

There's a good sized troop of gray languar man tribals in the hills, no doubt they followed the migrants here. When I told Fergus and Dailm they asked when were were going to go hunting.

See you in a little while journal!

-

I don't...

They threw shit at us, journal. There are no words for the level of hate I just developed for monkey people in the past hour.

Anyway, I got two applicants to join the militia (I would have gotten a third but Karkov said that windows were more important than competent swordsdwarves.) Fenglel had at one of the languar men who got by us while were were dodging flung turds and killing the others.

She proved exceptional!

14th Felsite, 139

Julius was told to switch gear today; instead of crafts and journals he's making javlins and bolts to fuel Dumed and Vexxy's weapons. Good to see him branching out!

21st Felsite, 139

Elves have arrived, and were more than a little distraught over the sight of tree stumps in the area, but they seemed to take a little solace in us already having steered towards growing wood to use rather than felling these old-growth forests.

Among the things they brought? A raptor, one of the eh... Locals, around here. Saw some on the way here last year.

I can already tell Karkov is gonna want to purchase more from them.

They also said that one of their tamed bats got loose and if a dwarf wants to try and find it, they're welcome to it.

22nd Felsite, 139

Vexxy spotted a kobold while she was hunting a coyote this afternoon. Says she managed to get a shot at it, but it scampered off unharmed.

Adil also scored us some mithril bars. I talked it over with Kiror and Fenglel, and they asked to have the mithril used to make weapons for them. Plus they're looking for a third dwarf besides our windowmaker. I figure that's fair, we got weapons already anyway.

23rd Felsite, 139

Woke up this morning and I was informed of... Well, something that I had honestly expected to happen.

Eitan finally started listening to those voices in her head and started screaming how we'd all pay and the deep ones and Father Dagon would feast on our souls and other assorted nonsense. When Fergus went to strike her down in her madness... Well, according to all acounts, including the elves, she just... Vanished.

[OOC NOTE]I tried multiple times to deal with this including seeing if there was a dfhack script to prevent a cascade but no such luck. On top of that both elvish guards brought near useless mithril blunt weapons (the jitte, which being blunt should not be used by anyone using mithril,) and either Dailm or Fergus would have killed her no matter what on sight thanks to her opposed to life tag. As such I reverted and slayraced her to avoid a loyalty cascade, as there was no other safe method for neutralization. Honestly if they're gonna lose their shit, it'd be better for them to go completely enemy of the fort and civ bonkers so eliminating them in forts without the means to safely accommodate schizophrenics can do so until such a script is available.

I do apologize, but a nonsensical loyalty cascade is no way to end a fort. And if[/END NOTE]

After that someone started saying they understood now, and proceeded to boot Julius out of his workshop, take some of his bones and a bit of sandstone, and set to work. Pretty sure I heard Julius say he was gonna beat Kigok's shit in for trying to muscle in on his trade.

And I thought Smiths competeing for military contracts were cut throats. Least they won't kill you over some bones and a workshop.

2nd Hematite, 139

All behold the majesty of Ilonuzol, The greatest of bone battlepicks! Gonna have to find a nice place to display this piece of work!

11th Hematite, 139

Spotted a snatcher today. Turns out those little shrooms can pack quite a wallop! An elf caught the bugger and  delivered one hell of a blow to the head with one of those fancy rods that knocked the goblin down, followed by the unmaimed smurf kicking it in the face hard enough that I think the poor greenskin's jaw was dislocated. All of this ended when I came in and cut the son of a bitch's head clean off his shoulders though.

Does nobody think “Gee, maybe I should let my parents care for this child since goblins love frontier forts for slaves and such!”

14th Hematite, 139

I got a copy of the meeting Cerol had with the elf treasurer.

Anyone else care to tell me what's wrong in this picture?

1st Malachite, 139

Apparently a baby was born last month and I didn't even know about it. And now the kid's parents think I don't like them, which... Yeah, I have no idea what to do with that.

8th Malachite, 139

More lovely migrants, among them another Eitan (I'm starting to think we should just quietly remove anyone from the main population acting abnormal and let time take care of the rest.)

27th Galena, 139

-The following page appears to be smeared with blood-

We won. 3 managed to get away, and we lost Kiror and the raptor, but first test of mettle came and went in all directions trailing blood.

So, we got us another update thar.

Sadly, I didn't witness anything really amusing to draw for the update. Sorry about that. Elves came and traded, Vexxy killed a giant moose, we got an artifact, more schizophrenic dwarves arrived, we fought our first ambush, lost a couple dwarves, and survived to autumn!

Hero of the battle? Splint, with nine kills, including the enemy leader. Granted though that two were fleeing goblins who didn't try to fight back and two others were gained from four that were distracted attacking Kiror (with Fenglel and Dailm killing the other two and fully avenging Kiror.) Due to the sudden attack, our militia's been beefed up to six full-timers, Kiror's replacement being a recently arrived fishery worker. Fergus was absent from the battle, arriving at the tail end with a barrel of rum on his head.

Enjoy guys!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2014, 01:42:06 pm »

Nice. What are our defences right now? Are digging and deconstructing invaders enabled?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2014, 01:47:27 pm »

Nice. What are our defences right now? Are digging and deconstructing invaders enabled?

I... Don't actually remember if I did enable that or not, but I'm guessing I didn't.

MuDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2014, 03:17:57 pm »

Wouldn't you be surprised if someone became attached  to a weapon they'd gotten two weeks ago compared to the one they'd been using for the better part of four months?

Community contributions updated. Love you guys for it!
[/quote]
lol I grew attached to it that fast?

MuDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2014, 03:27:27 pm »

God I wish I could draw halfway competently. That Barrel on the head is screaming for some artistry.

Hopefully my lil beard gets hit shit together and becomes a productive member of the military though.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2014, 03:30:40 pm »

Quote from: Splint
Wouldn't you be surprised if someone became attached  to a weapon they'd gotten two weeks ago compared to the one they'd been using for the better part of four months?

Community contributions updated. Love you guys for it!
lol I grew attached to it that fast?
That you did.

God I wish I could draw halfway competently. That Barrel on the head is screaming for some artistry.

Hopefully my lil beard gets hit shit together and becomes a productive member of the military though.

Pff, go for it if you wanna go for it. All is welcome, regardless of skill on the community arts/journals/writing front. And Fergus is doing quite well actually. I'm playing right now and he just became a swordslord.

To answer your question Tirion, Just some walls and the dry moat right now, which I am debating on filling with automated wood/glass spikes or cragtooth boars and plump helmet men. The latter may not be doable with plump helmet men lashing out at the boars for not outnumbering them; those little fuckers can hit hard enough to dent bone on a helmeted goblin, don't wanna know what they'd do to an armorless boar. I need to plate it in sandstone first regardless though. May just end up turning it into a wet moat.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2014, 06:19:01 pm »

There are no words for the level of hate I just developed for monkey people in the past hour.
Good to see that random modding shenanigans are appearing ingame. :D

Sorry for the loyality cascade, I thought adding opposed to life would stop those from happening. And Jittes I always remember as being edged, but quick googling shows that they are indeed blunt. I will add something else for the mithril-loving elves.

Keep up the good work.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2014, 08:16:24 pm »

Aww... Should've got around to writing when I could.  :'(

(And technically that wasn't schizophrenia, that was a form of violent psychosis)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 08:26:14 pm by Lolfail0009 »

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2014, 08:23:12 pm »

I would like to put in a claim on one of the smiths that showed up in waves 3 / 4. Degel Kokdathas, or Imush Anan. If either of them is male, name em Tenderroast.

Time to get my pyro on =P (bonus points if you end up training him as a fire mage)

edit: How did you mod out high blood pressure? Comment it out of c_variation_disease? or interaction_noncommunicable? or is it in the entity file?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 08:26:15 pm by Tenderroast »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2014, 01:32:23 am »

Its in the creature_standard.txt. When you open it, you will see it directly. Looks like this;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2014, 01:57:29 am »

I just removed the brackets after enabling diseases. And yeah, on the schizophrenia. It's a shame abou that as a gameplay element.

The Jitte was essentially the Japanese equivalent to when a sai and nightstick had a child in I wanna say the Meiji/Edo eras (I don't remember which, been a while since I looked them up.) a strong elf can bust a head with one but they're otherwise useless unless they're made of a more substantial metal. Personally I'm in favor of falcions or the khopesh to replace it.

EDIT: Tenderroast, consider Imush yours.

EDIT II:
Spoiler: Lots of text. (click to show/hide)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2014, 09:02:43 am »

Wow. So there are no automatons left to fight?
AUTOMATON. AN ANNOYANCE. LIMITED UTILITY.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2014, 09:05:56 am »

Wow. So there are no automatons left to fight?
AUTOMATON. AN ANNOYANCE. LIMITED UTILITY.

Actually there are some left on the mainland but they've been absorbed by the orcs and other races. There's thousands on the glacial/tundra lands in the southwest, apparently living in peace with a goblin race there on the opposite side of the same mass. Or possibly fighting an undeclared war, I have no idea.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2014, 09:34:17 am »

That looks awfully like "Company of Heroes 2  - soviet campain" - style warfare.

I bet Splint still remembers Zeg Cloudyaquamarine as his commander-in-chief.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2014, 11:43:16 am »

Actually the war was more or less starting to wind down when all the founders were born. There were the last few clashes but they wouldn't have been able to take part, for whatever reason (being spontaneously created and all, but the more likely one is most were committed to the war's industries or were reservists.) Borik is actually still reigning General, probably coasting on his victory at Unholinessram. I have also decided to refer to General Igbit The Queen of Blades. You guys do the math on that one.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30